Dollar Vs Sterling

RobinR

How much further is GBP going to eventually drop against US Dollar?

Has anyone made any serious money from this within the last few months?

I have an idea that I would like to share!
What happens when the bankers fail their mortgage payments after xmas due to the FACT that executives will not get big bonuses?!

GBP......tanked! or maybe I am wrong

Are we human or are we dancers (The Killers)
Are we in recession or are we just puppets (Magos)

I'm afraid to pickup GBP/USD again because it might slip to 1.52

It is a juicy bargain right now but a lot of people think the Euro and GBP are both capable of absolutely plummeting in the near future.. Another negative day on the stock markets and it could tank hard.

I'm going 1.24 EUR/USD long -123 pips stop loss +144 take profit and will leave GBP alone for now.

yep, GBP is flirting with 1.52 now.. I'm worried it will slip a bit further now because the S&P looks bad today.

Instead of worrying bout it, why not simply short it on rallies?
Same with Euro.

You are so clever?
yes thanks

ok, so this is either some kind of private joke between the 3 of you or I’ve stumbled into an episode of the Twilight Zone.

but I’m sure you’re gonna enlighten me as to how my reply to Pippy5000’s Cable/Euro anxieties impacts your wage.

yes thanks

ok, so this is either some kind of private joke between the 3 of you or I’ve stumbled into an episode of the Twilight Zone.

but I’m sure you’re gonna enlighten me as to how my reply to Pippy5000’s Cable/Euro anxieties impacts your wage.

Yes, I can...

Just think ampro

(Wage, Bonus, Vacation, Investments) base currency / cross currency/ swaps/ imports/exports.....

Twilight Zone STYLE

Liquidity is only moderate and still on the lower side. Aggressive traders can look to buy the next dip.

That’s all very nice, but I was replying to Pippy5000’s posts 3&4 not yours sweetheart.
hence my comment…….

I knew I shouldn't have bothered :LOL:

Well it tanked alright.. down into upper 1.47

This is on track for the weekly S3 1.444

The GBP has been slippery as hell lately.. It fell like -800 pips vs. the JPY yesterday.

That was a wild ride today for the GBP/USD pair.. I couldn't resist getting in on the action despite not being too familiar with the pair. Came out on the plus side as there were lots of opportunities to ride giant waves higher or lower.

The S&P 500 finished in a roar upward in the last 20 minutes or so putting it safely away from the dreaded sub-850 bottomless pit of doom. It did reach below that level and the GBP fell to the upper 1.45s. Another positive day could see the GBP zooming back into 1.51 easily with room to go even higher. After all just a few days ago it was at 1.59.

These are some really crazy times to be trading currency.

Well it tanked alright.. down into upper 1.47

This is on track for the weekly S3 1.444

The GBP has been slippery as hell lately.. It fell like -800 pips vs. the JPY yesterday.

1.4557 Today’s(13/11/2008)

I think King must dooooo something

JPY currency pairs are very volatile sometimes be careful Pippy with the margins (dont let them liquidate you)

i will try to short gbp every time it bounces on the shorter time frame(30 min to 1 hour) and i am sure you will make money on this. also you can short eurusd as long as it does not make a 3 day high. the risk reward to short euro is better than gbp.

brother 1

That was a wild ride today for the GBP/USD pair.. I couldn't resist getting in on the action despite not being too familiar with the pair. Came out on the plus side as there were lots of opportunities to ride giant waves higher or lower.

The S&P 500 finished in a roar upward in the last 20 minutes or so putting it safely away from the dreaded sub-850 bottomless pit of doom. It did reach below that level and the GBP fell to the upper 1.45s. Another positive day could see the GBP zooming back into 1.51 easily with room to go even higher. After all just a few days ago it was at 1.59.

These are some really crazy times to be trading currency.

if it goes to 151 it will be like a gift to short gbp.
brother 1