Does Your Heart Rate Incerease When Your Order Is Filled?

My Heart Rate doubles...at least. Maybe I am still trading with emotions?

A few years ago an analysis was done of aircrash/aircraft fire survivors.
Dealing with emergencies does not come easily to many people it seems.
It transpired that those who survived had the skill of planning how to deal with emergency and the calmness and clearheadedness to carry out their plan dispassionately when everyone around them was panicking.

Perhaps the same survivor types are able to trade successfully for the same reasons.

Regarding pulse rate, it is quite possible to control it. The commonest approach seems to be yoga and/or breathing exercises. 20 years ago when I was a club runner I could make my resting pulse go up or down at will between 53 and 39, although not through yoga, more through 'knowing' my own body from years of using it - a kind of bio-feedback.

Also consider the effects of caffeine and nicotine, tiredness, frustration, hunger/thirst, calls of nature, distractions, etc. and the thoughts that one's strategy may not be the golden goose it appeared to be, and the periodic inability to accept losses as part of the statistical odds, and move on. All of these and more will affect pulse rate once you have entered a trade.

Arguably pulse rate is the barometer of how much you are in control of what you are doing.

Glenn

mmm, sometimes but I see at least 2 possibles, when we start off trading it can be due to feeling unsure of what we are doing, stress induced heart rate?

Also with myself now because im ok with what im doing, it occasioanlly kicks over when I'm waiting to pounce, but not often . That rate increase I think is due to full alertness , your waiting watching the tics trying to feel best price when wildebeast comes along with a limp and your waiting for his right front shoulder to hit the deck.

Like those vampires in the movies when their eyes widen and nostrils twitch on the scent of blood. I dunno. :)

the heart in that case is making sure you got plenty of oxygen in your head to maintain that sharpness. Quite right too, no point waiting all that time then falling asleep. :)

So do you feel it is stress induced, i.e feeling unsure or

Ready to pounce induced . ?

Good question, and Id say along with increase rates, other symptoms can come along, sweats, feelings of anxiety, shaking etc... thats stress. Basically your internals I think are saying they aint happy with the external situation.

To reduce that heart rate breathe in for a count of 3 and out fo 6.

Ive got rough concepts on these things but im sure there might be an expert or 2 lurking who can advise further.