Does win rate matter much in trading?

Important factor to consider.

i dont think a low % gain and higher win rate can be over-stated for confirming system/logic far in excess of lower win/higher % gain.....it also, for mine, has a re-inforcement of those you-beaut-neurotrans-tasman-bobbligator things

It really cant be answered in a yes or no way. Have a look at the performance on sites like Zulu,currensee,etc it will give you an idea. I have several methods,all have different hit rates, but overall I am not much above 50%,some have 25%,some have 98%,just depends on how you trade. The only objective is to make sure you hit rate produces a positive outcome.Money management is the hardest part of this game.

Exactly...only thing that matters in the end is a system that yields a consistently positive outcome. Couldn't agree more that money mgmt. is the most challenging part of the business too.

Higher win rates generate feelgood factor.

That suits my personality.

Finding a system that suits one's personality is indeed of equal importance to actual profitability outcome; otherwise, one gets burned out and starts breaking the rules. So, bottom line, if you have a win rate that works for you AND suits your personality, then you're probably doing better than 90% of traders already.