Does trading require talent?

Trading doen't require any particular talent but TRADING PROFICIENTLY DOES !!!

you trade every single day of your life ...it does not really matter which commodity (physical or not) you are dealing with. you can negotiate on the price and you can agree to buy something just because it satisfies your needs.

A pragmatical attitude is needed but you can always shape yourself !!

we all were born as traders but only a few of us became profitable !!!

trading is not that difficult

getting a 6 pack and huge muscles is not that difficult

running a marathon is not that difficult

i could go on and on.... most things in life are not that difficult to achieve... BUT

keeping the neccessary DISCIPLINE to see things through to the end is where 99% fail every single time.

that D word is spoken of soooo much, but nobody ever (99% of people) quite gets it.. as stats prove!

What is talent anyway? It's nothing more than the ability to excel at a particular activity. In order to do that, you have to have all the pieces of that particular puzzle whether you are born with some or all of them or have to acquire them. In the case of trading you need to start out with a fair level of intelligence, then be able to use that intelligence to develop a consistently profitable methodology through observation, testing and relentless pursuit of the truth. In short you need desire, dedication, discipline and perseverance. If it's not your passion, then do something else because you most likely won't have the financial or psychological resources to make it through the learning curve which can take years.

OK. I'm going to read this tread from the start. Looks interesting!
But right now, I'm gonna have another drink of port.

It seems this thread is pretty equally divided at 50% for either way. I'll throw my hat in and say that an exemplary trader does have a 'knack' or a 'talent' that allows him to simply be "better". This goes beyond trading. There are those that have a public speech ability beyond others, writing abilities, mathematical skills, a scientifically sound mind, etc.

I've never met any "amazing" traders, but I would have to guess that a trader who would have a "natural" gift to trade "better" probably has very strong mathematical skills and a great ability to read/reconise patterns as well as a mind that allows him to read fast and remember a lot of information. Essentially, I've just described an extremely good and practical businessman.

Short answer: yes.

If you are born win the talent, congratualtions! you are lucky. If not, then don't despair. You can still become a good trader by practicing and learning from your mistake. Don't ever give up