Do you think Chinese yuan will go up further?

dididing

The Chinese yuan is gradually appreciating against the U.S. dollar. The value of yuan hit a new high against U.S. dollar on Oct. 14, with the central parity rate of the yuan setting at 6.6582 per U.S. dollar. However, the yuan started to weaken since then and weakened to 6.6759 per U.S. dollar on Oct. 22.

Do you think the yuan will go up further? Are you thinking of investing in China's stock market just as what Buffet is doing?

For more information about the yuan appreciation and the Chinese stock market, please visit www.fnchn.com.

The fact is the currency has been subject to a dictatorship exchange rate to support it's export based economy.The Chinese have restricted their currency trading and only a fraction of the market is able to trade it. While increasingly more pressure is being applied by western economies it's inevitably going to be a long battle and will require a substantial effort to change the Chinese economy into a more consumer based one. you can easily see how undervalued the currency is by looking at the big mac index. Will the yuan appreciate further, yes it will but within the limits of the restrictions which is to restrict the yuan to fluctuate within a 0.5% band of its $ peg rate. Until drastic measures are taken to freely float the currency it wont be allowed to appreciate that much

China is still under pressure to let their exchange rate float freely, but there has been no conclusive action so far. For now, I agree with forker in saying that it'll most likely stay within the specified range.

China is still under pressure to let their exchange rate float freely, but there has been no conclusive action so far. For now, I agree with forker in saying that it'll most likely stay within the specified range.

I agree too. i'm from china ,i feel that ,haha....