Buying the Chinese Yuan

DannyBly

According to Jim Rogers (of Quantum Fund fame) China's yuan has further to climb against the dollar and could rise by up to 500 percent over the next 20 years.

Is anyone here looking to get long the Yuan?

Oanda offers trading in the USD/CNY pair, although the spread is a static 40 pips, and the interest rate is at -4.5%

There are probably better alternatives for investing in the Yuan over the long term, I'll post my findings....

According to Jim Rogers (of Quantum Fund fame) China's yuan has further to climb against the dollar and could rise by up to 500 percent over the next 20 years.

Is anyone here looking to get long the Yuan?

Oanda offers trading in the USD/CNY pair, although the spread is a static 40 pips, and the interest rate is at -4.5%

There are probably better alternatives for investing in the Yuan over the long term, I'll post my findings....
I'll agree with you Danny, China keeps there books straight.If you go to the CIA website you can compare economies, and see the difference in holdings.
Yeah the yuan is going to continue to rise against the usd. First because of better numbers, secondly because the usd is astronomicaly overvalued.
The timing on the entrance is critical though, it has to be timed perfectly to compensate for the spread.

If your interested in positioning Yuan against the majors, feel free to send me a PM. I'd also like to watch the yuan closer.

DT
:)

D

Is it still a 40 pip spread at Oanda?

Anyone have opinions on using the ETF symbol CYB as an instrument to invest in the Yuan?

And, while we're at it, any opinions on the Saudi Riyal?

I would rather look at the UAE Dirham over the Saudi Riyal.
Better potential for growth.