Do we have a level playing field ??

dc2000

Veteren member
Given all the discussion over the past month over rules and guidelines for the site I am still surprised to see that some members obviously have greater privileges over others.

My experience of this is that 2 months ago I posted a thread " Anyone need help" the idea behind this was the American Buddy system where you have a trades person that gives their time to rookies and teach them a few things that they may develop in their chosen career.

The thread was promptly removed and a PM received
DC2000, you may not start a thread which has a purpose of driving people to your website, or asking people to email you.

I then replied to this stating my intentions and that any help would be given totally free I received a reply via PM

Hello DC2000,
You are welcome to PM any individual if you want to offer them advice or opinion in private. T2W is not designed for you to solicit private students, even if you help them for free.

I now find that in our forums we have a post by Zenda offering a free course to 10 newbies not starting any sort off discussion at all and when I ask about the post and how it can be allowed I get nothing, no PM no email absolute silence.

I am not against Zenda offering free courses in fact I think its a good thing but will other members be allowed to post such a blatant advert for their wares I THINK NOT

Members please feel free to comment its you site after all

Yes we have a level playing field. I've now removed that thread, and had already pm'ed Zenda to ask him to run any such promotions past us in future as although im sure members are happy to receive free courses - it's still arguably an advert and you know what our policy is on that. As for having no response to your post, well you did post last night after 9pm, so it's hardly suprising no-one has yet replied. Plus you didn't Report Post either so there's nothing to alert us to your post either. In fact no one reported that thread, and we rely on members to report posts to bring dubious threads or posts to our attention.

Paul
I beg to differ I did report bad post within a very short time of it first being posted and again when Zenda posted he had 5 places left the first one said SPAM and the second asked why this was being allowed I then decided to post on the tread as nothing seemed to be done

And for clarification
My computer records that I made 3 bad post reports yesterday at 13:25, 17:06 and 17:42
two were for the thread mentioned and the third was for Socs know your place comment

Last edited:
Odd, I didn't get any of those - and I should get all reported posts. I'll check with the other mods to see if any of us got them, or whether theres some problem with it. If you don't mind me asking, how did you check from your records when they were sent, because reporting a post is done through a form on the website - I don't recall member getting a copy of the email that is subsequently sent.

Paul
As you click on a report bad post button it sends an identifier to your server that includes a post number so that you know what post it refers to, this is stored in the temp Internet files on the senders computer on mine this shows I looked at post number 226330 on the 10 newbies thread at 13:23 and that I reported bad post at 13:25 and I also have a "parental control" program on my machine that records pages visited and key strokes.

Soc
When you joined T2W I seem to remember you set up a thread in order to impart some of your knowledge to the members so I find it hard to believe that you would rather just let them get on with it.

Im sure that there are newbies out there that would welcome any knowledge however small that some of the more experienced traders could offer them

Is there a level playing field?
No.
The reason. What is level for one person is in the eyes of another person tilted.
My message to members.
I don't own this website; you don't own this website.
That is why it should be simple.
I say what I think. Say what you think.
And thats it.
:)

I made two posts on this thread, one an answer to post number 5. The other was a comment on post number 6. I am not going to waste any more time and effort to have my posts deleted for no reason other than they are the truth.

Additionally my comment on post number I has also been deleted. None of these are against the interest of the memberhsip or the site itself.

I am now joining Mr Charts, bye bye.

Last edited:
SOCRATES said:
I made two posts on this thread, one an answer to post number 5. The other was a comment on post number 6. I am not going to waste any more time and effort to have my posts deleted for no reason other than they are the truth.

Additionally my comment on post number I has also been deleted. None of these are against the interest of the memberhsip or the site itself.

GOOD

Losing Mr Charts was a most unfortunate event, as I had the pleasure of learning of his methodology.
And also, that his posts as to how he enters and exits is consistent with what he taught me.
On that score, we may have lost a great, and a true, trader.

( I cannot comment on Mr Charts reasons, as they are privy to him and TheBramble, but I have always liked TheBrambles input, and his quirky views on trading. )

However, although I never quite saw eye-to-eye with Socrates, as his generally pompous and holier-than-thou attitude eclipsed any knowledge he might have had to impart, I have to say this.
His last few posts, especially his recent contributions to the Live Cable Trades thread, seemed to be quite helpful, and with a genuine desire to point people in the direction of their choice, rather than criticising them for the choice, ( if that makes sense ).

I actually felt he had turned over a new leaf, and was writing from a "one of the guys" point of view, rather than that of a detatched, unapproachable supermensch.

From that perspective, I am sad to see the loss of Socrates.

.....a small poem that I learnt when I was a kid.....for few of you on this site.....

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

SOCRATES said:

It's his choice.
But his rantings sometimes hardly added to the knowledge base of the site, but they did to the comedy element - the Brambles/Socrates fall-out was a classic!! :LOL:
If Socrates can't see the logic of the moderators or the impass of technological exchanges then maybe he was looking at the wrong level. ;)

This is not the first time Socrates has left and I doubt it will be the last. I do find it ironic that he has left because of excessive moderation. There were a lot of complaints when one of his threads was excessively moderated. Perhaps it is karma :)