Do traders have a good sense of Humor?

Generally, do traders have a good sense of humor?

• Yes

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Don't know

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • The plane takes off!

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
Not all traders will have a good sense of humour but I think it might help their performance if they tried to develop one, here's why.

Comedians, in my view have a deeper perception and natural sensitivity of their external environment. They are a more natural observer . This greater awareness is what enables them to see a funny side to a situation/event that perhaps those with a more serious demeanor ,will overlook.

It does not come without a price though. Having greater awareness will result in being more sensitive to other peoples suffering, which is generally more painful for one to bear than their own personal suffering.

Ignorance is bliss ? Well that's exactly why it is, as one will not feel the pain of others suffering, because one lacks the knowledge of enlightenment and can therefore bask in the blissful state of not being exposed to suffering.

Traders who are "employed" will also be bound to contract, rules and regulations and must conform to the will of the "controlling mindset" of the commercial entity for which they have agreed to "work for". Meaning the typical individual employee/ human resource will have to "act like a professional" & "put away child like things" if that is what is required of him in contract and the controlling mindset of the commercial entity.

Hmmm I do think people are forced to "become serious" for some reason. I cannot think why ? To be taken seriously perhaps ? LOL funny old world, but comedians I wager, will perceive more than those who are not allowed to express,develop or who are told to suppress their humour, which is forcing the control of another persons behaviour.

Do we live in a world which is all about control and behaviour control though ? LOL Few more generations down the road, who knows what it will be like to be "human" Will they eliminate humour ? Powers that be certainly do not like children/people laughing too much out of (the orders) perceived social context do they ? :cheesy:

I expect I have told this one before but:
There was a trader in this firm and they were moving offices over the weekend. Friday night about 4.20 a client 'phones up."what's going on, any hot stocks etc." Trader:" Well actually we are moving offices, all the stuff has been packed up in tea chests for the weekend". Client is persistent he wants to do something. Eventually the trader, in exasperation says "look, it's impossible, we are all in pandemonium here"
"OK", says the client, "Put me down for a tenner"

do teachers have a good SOH?
do dustbin men have a good SOH?

Traders like checkout assistants at lidl are people. Some people have a good SOH, some have no SOH, and SOH is very much a discretionary judgement anyway depending on individual tastes.

To try and generalise across an entire occupation is rather purile.

Traders like checkout assistants at lidl are people. Some people have a good SOH, some have no SOH, and SOH is very much a discretionary judgement anyway depending on individual tastes.

Teachers in the main no: They are generally overworked and unerpiad
Dustmen yes: For the opposite reason.
I think you could say that traders are generally on the ball and therefore will always have a quick witty answer to most situations.

not really most people are c u n t s.

frequenting the boards of ADVFN regularly, i'd say we have the same sense of humour as any "normal" person, you would see it on a slow day, when your gains are so high theres no need to talk about the next step, when the markets are closed, or when the shorters that have deramped for weeks on end are burning.

you know its been a good day when the bb's are filled with things you'd hear on frasier

You certainly need an optimistic outlook. If you were negative you would stick to your day job as that is safer... trading is just gambling... you're going to lose your savings eventually... the broker is against you... they hunt stops... blah blah blah.