dividend question

dmeista

Hi,

if i buy a cfd and a stock goes ex-div, do i receive then the gross div or net div?

Only holders of the stock on the ex date receive the dividend. As a CFD long you don't actually own the stock, though the dividend should be factored into the CFD price.

Only holders of the stock on the ex date receive the dividend. As a CFD long you don't actually own the stock, though the dividend should be factored into the CFD price.

That's what I meant, do they factor the gross or net dividend? I'm not talking about uk stocks but french/dutch/german ones.

I'm not sure what you mean by gross vs. net, but I'm almost positive it's the gross figure.

I meant with gross dividend the dividend including dividend tax. With net dividend I meant dividend after dividend tax. In france, holland and germany you have to pay dividend tax.

I wouldn't expect a tax to be netted out, especially if there's variability in how much tax is paid by different stock holders.

Net.

I'm sure you get a dividend credited to your account with a CFD. You get charged for shorts.