dissertation survey...need your opinions!

sak07

this may be used for my dissertation, just experimenting some ideas : please give your own personal opions of the following question:

Sensible answers only please, I know there are alot of people on this forum who haven't got anything better to do than point out everyones mistakes or misgivings, i dont care if i've made spelling mistakes on this post or if you think my study is pants or if you have a personal problem with students or the standard of education being provided in British uni's! Im just after your opinion (as a pro or just someone with an interest in the stock maket) on the following question . Thakyou very much!

what are main influences on the current uk stock market and way do you think they are important? List as many as like!

sak07 said:
this may be used for my dissertation, just experimenting some ideas : please give your own personal opions of the following question:

Sensible answers only please, I know there are alot of people on this forum who haven't got anything better to do than point out everyones mistakes or misgivings, i dont care if i've made spelling mistakes on this post or if you think my study is pants or if you have a personal problem with students or the standard of education being provided in British uni's! Im just after your opinion (as a pro or just someone with an interest in the stock maket) on the following question . Thakyou very much!

what are main influences on the current uk stock market and way do you think they are important? List as many as like!

I'd imagine people would be more willing to help with such a question if you didn't offer a blanket insult to the Community in your request...I'll not draw too much attention to your many spelling mistakes, and swiftly give my answer to your question: "America."

In my view the biggest single one will be the performance of US Stock Market and the reason is that all stock markets ultimately follow the US.

Paul

I did something similar for my dissertation: you need to include human (market) pyshchology

Without giving too much away (and therefore leaving you to do some work for yourself!)

Consider the following, in no particular order of importance...

1) US$ exchange rates (US balance of payments)
2) Price of Oil
3) General commodity prices (raw materials)
4) UK politics (this is an election year)
5) Personal debt levels (effect upon retail sector)
6) UK house prices (related slghtly to above..consumer spending confidence is linked)
7) International affairs (Iraqi election end of Jan)
8) Changes in taxation policy (capital gains / inheritance)
9) UK unemployment levels
10) UK inflation (related to 3)
11) Terrorist activities
12) Performance of US market
13) stability of financial institutions (financial crises like Barings / LTCM - hedge funds going bust)
14) UK interest rates
15) Takeover /merger activity (some say 2005 will be active year, many citing Marks & Spencer /Barclays / MMO2 as bid tagets)
16) US interest rates
17) China's economy