Disapprove feedback function

Should Members be able to Approve and Disapprove Posts? (Anonymous Poll)

• Approve and Disapprove

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Approve Only

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters
I'm not really bothered about this one, 2-1 to him - final score - (i say him as women - the fairer sex - are less likely to engage in this type of pety shenanighans). His 2 pips cannot hurt me, my wings are like a shield of steel :LOL: .

I just wanted to provide an example to the T2W team of the mis-use of the disapprove feedback function.

Retaliatory hits are quite a pety phenomenon in themselves, and i have made 1 or 2 myself, but wanting to have the final say/upper hand/one more to him than he gives me etc. is just plain silly.

There's also a subtle difference between "disapprove" & "disagree".....

Last edited:
That's right, at one time we did have it so that you could only give positive feedback. It was when we redesigned the site back in the Summer that we reverted to giving members the option of both approving and disapproving. I can see the obvious pros and cons of each, overall if members mostly decided that negative feedback was a bad thing - then I have no qualms about removing it. Perhaps a vote is needed. Also, we can install a system whereby you can thank a member for a post - and the thanks appear under the post, with the list of names who've thanked. We could implement this, but my only concern is with the existing positive reputation system, is it really needed?! As this seems to pretty much serve the same purpose.

That's right, at one time we did have it so that you could only give positive feedback. It was when we redesigned the site back in the Summer that we reverted to giving members the option of both approving and disapproving. I can see the obvious pros and cons of each, overall if members mostly decided that negative feedback was a bad thing - then I have no qualms about removing it. Perhaps a vote is needed. Also, we can install a system whereby you can thank a member for a post - and the thanks appear under the post, with the list of names who've thanked. We could implement this, but my only concern is with the existing positive reputation system, is it really needed?! As this seems to pretty much serve the same purpose.

Someone else mentioned the idea of having the positive and negative feedback dots shown seperately, rather than negs cancelling out the positives. That would tell you something interesting about posters, say, who had a stack of green dots and a stack of red dots - ie that they're both valuable and controversial, which is kudos in itself. If you're going to keep the neg feedback system then that's the best way of integrating it IMO. The 'thanks' idea sounds a bit lame to be honest.

Someone else mentioned the idea of having the positive and negative feedback dots shown seperately, rather than negs cancelling out the positives. That would tell you something interesting about posters, say, who had a stack of green dots and a stack of red dots - ie that they're both valuable and controversial, which is kudos in itself. If you're going to keep the neg feedback system then that's the best way of integrating it IMO. The 'thanks' idea sounds a bit lame to be honest.

I agree.

What about this then for one of our members :)

Paul

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 338
kin'ell 3 block general. tell you what there should be an "officers mess" forum or something, gold blocks only can post in it.... subordinates can read quietly but not post..... :)

I reckon you lost a pip because the thing has been recalibrated, han't it? I've lost some and I notice others have got gold ones. I'm livid.;)

I don't think anyone took offence to that, surely?

UTB

I was thinking the same, that it should have not upset anyone, my apploigie. anyway blades, you have plenty of green dots to give away so you will not miss a few:LOL:

Who ever wants mine can have them ask one of the mods:cheesy:

I was thinking the same, that it should have not upset anyone, my apploigie. anyway blades, you have plenty of green dots to give away so you will not miss a few:LOL:

Who ever wants mine can have them ask one of the mods:cheesy:

Laptop - my hero - please don't tell me you've been zapping my dots! My heart's bleeding....forgive me:LOL:

UTB

PS - have a dot for good measure;)

Hi

on my user CP, it say - "Your reputation power is 43 point(s)". Does this 43 points apply to both approve & disapprove feedback that i give, or if i disapprove, does less than 43 points become deducted from the members score? If so, how many points are deducted for disapprove (which i don't intend to use again BTW - unless pressed :devilish:;)!)

Cheers.

:D:):)

All 43 points will be deducted from the victims score :cry:

unless its changed already that is

don't get trigger happy :whistling

lol, I imagine that could take most members to negative rep territory!?

is it possible to have more than one red dot? what about a red star if someone was a complete tool and got enough bad reps?

Yep! don't upset him, would take years of quality posts to break even on 1 green dot, if ever ...huge firepower, I just peeked xxxx points :eek:

I wouldn't dream of it :innocent:.

(Maybe this calls for some serious boot-licking :idea:.)

.....Paul/Sharky really gives me the impression of being an impeccable human being. Clever, creative, innovative, strong work ethic, yet seemingly so modest & humble. Perhaps we could all learn somethign from him.
:p;):LOL:

lol, I imagine that could take most members to negative rep territory!?

is it possible to have more than one red dot? what about a red star if someone was a complete tool and got enough bad reps?

Hi Arb
not one member is safe from a red dot with that kind of firepower but an unlikely scenario imo :cheesy:

as far as i'm aware we only run the one red dot system but I believe it can be switched to multi red dot the more the neg rep given ...ouch :LOL: