Difference between amateurs and professionals

I mean, some tarders triangles of truth are here and aint moving till win or a call from the man, hard to believe but true :D

6099-darktone-albums-general-9-picture5288-triangles-truth.jpg

Surely its better to put those truthy triangles in more favorable places :cheesy:

Surely its better to put those truthy triangles in more favorable places :cheesy:

You must be the first dark sherlock. Care to demonstrate ?

It's always easy to use PS to paint triangles on the left side of the chart. Without exception, when I ask internet experts to paint those triangle on the right hand side. They either run away or accuse me of trying to steal their secret sauce. Or in case of people like tormmatoe, they would say I am unworthy of their enlightenment. Are you different to all those people ? I think not. This is not because you have something, rather you have nothing.

My approach works for me. I can trade any time, any place, any direction, and anything, and still win. I don't need a single indicator or a single thing on my chart.

I have the holly grail. This is why I don't take criticisms or advice from people. People are free to comment, however.

Here's darkie holmes in action, investigating charts of DAX, wheat, and TRY:
mystery2.jpg

Last edited:
You must be the first dark sherlock. Care to demonstrate ?

It's always easy to use PS to paint triangles on the left side of the chart. Without exception, when I ask internet experts to paint those triangle on the right hand side. They either run away or accuse me of trying to steal their secret sauce. Or in case of people like tormmatoe, they would say I am unworthy of their enlightenment. Are you different to all those people ? I think not. This is not because you have something, rather you have nothing.

My approach works for me. I can trade any time, any place, any direction, and anything, and still win. I don't need a single indicator or a single thing on my chart.

I have the holly grail. This is why I don't take criticisms or advice from people. People are free to comment, however.
you are indeed a legend.a legend in your own mind.
the worst fantasy trader i have ever seen .
an embarresment

The thing with old Joe is I think we've all had this revelation at the beginning. Enjoy my little story.

"Hang on Nora, if I don't use stops, and employ basic mean regression I'm right pretty much every time, just gotta wait it out, financing wot's that? I'll also ignore that one time in my small sample backtest that I was so wrong I did my nuts 100 times over."

The next day our hero wakes and thinks to himself, "Wow I was a real tard yesterday to believe that method could ever work in the long run and wouldn't eventually destroy me and be entirely uninvestable. As far as systems go it's up there with Martingale and Trader Dante. I will now backtest across 2,000 days instead of 20.
Phew."

The thing with old Joe is I think we've all had this revelation at the beginning. Enjoy my little story.

"Hang on Nora, if I don't use stops, and employ basic mean regression I'm right pretty much every time, just gotta wait it out, financing wot's that? I'll also ignore that one time in my small sample backtest that I was so wrong I did my nuts 100 times over."

The next day our hero wakes and thinks to himself, "Wow I was a real tard yesterday to believe that method could ever work in the long run and wouldn't eventually destroy me and be entirely uninvestable. As far as systems go it's up there with Martingale and Trader Dante. I will now backtest across 2,000 days instead of 20.
Phew."

I don't do back tests. Those are for clueless idiots. Maybe that's where you have gone wrong and hoped the pools could help you. They can't. They'd get raped by banks even harder than the small retail fries. It's a matter of incentives.

I don't do back tests. Those are for clueless idiots. Maybe that's where you have gone wrong and hoped the pools could help you. They can't. They'd get raped by banks even harder than the small retail fries. It's a matter of incentives.

:D Is this knowledge garnered from your days of working in the payroll department at a bank?

:D Is this knowledge garnered from your days of working in the payroll department at a bank?

Nope, I had no interest in trading then nor was I in payroll. Was good pay and spent most of the time doing my own stuff. I had no reason to want something else.

But something that always occupied the back of my mind was why I lost in all my stock purchases when I was in my beginner jobs. It didn't make sense. The markets were supposed to be random, implying the odds were 50/50. I lost for the same reason you are losing, and same reason your pools are losing. This came from my own practical study and nowhere else. When one loses enough times, something might pop, especially for merchant minded people. Then one begins to see what the merchant counterparty is doing and why.

The markets are not about charts, news, and other BS. These are about money. Hence the back testers are idiots, the curve fitters are idiots, and the demo traders are idiots. Because none of that involves any money.

Nope, I had no interest in trading then nor was I in payroll. Was good pay and spent most of the time doing my own stuff. I had no reason to want something else.

But something that always occupied the back of my mind was why I lost in all my stock purchases when I was in my beginner jobs. It didn't make sense. The markets were supposed to be random, implying the odds were 50/50. I lost for the same reason you are losing, and same reason your pools are losing. This came from my own practical study and nowhere else. When one loses enough times, something might pop, especially for merchant minded people. Then one begins to see what the merchant counterparty is doing and why.

The markets are not about charts, news, and other BS. These are about money. Hence the back testers are idiots, the curve fitters are idiots, and the demo traders are idiots. Because none of that involves any money.

I don't think you know what a pool is, Joe. Except for the one you get to use free on Tuesdays courtesy of the council outreach programme. Get googling and you can come back and pretend you "developed a system for a guy..."

Strange that the world has seen fit to reward so many idiotic systematic billionaires who believe in backtesting (much like the regulators they have to please to keep & attain CF status also do), but keeps Joe grinding out those quids. Weird weird weird. We don't live in a meritocracy I suppose.

what charting platform is this DT pls? i like the look of it
Its just the standard deal on Oanda, pretty good tbh, they do an 'advanced' option too.

Anyways, heres some triangles for joe to look up to, literally :D. Started out at the black line with 5 @ 50.75 and by the magic of actually knowing how to trade have miraculously got them 51 n change. they wont be there for long if it goes higher mind, cos I know how to trade :LOL:

6099-darktone-albums-general-9-picture5294-i-gots-triangles.jpg

cos I know how to trade :LOL:

I know you do, and this is why it's going higher. You should state your stop, even mental ones. That way it will reinforce your discipline.

Your money is their money. Their money is my money. My money is my money. This will be the outcome.

I know you do, and this is why it's going higher. You should state your stop, even mental ones. That way it will reinforce your discipline.

My money is their money. Their money is my money whilst sunny. My money is my money until the runny. My money then I'll be giving to folk like you honey. This will be the outcome.

State my stop!?...... :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Well, you could say that the 'stop' on the Oanda beer money acc is the same place as yours.

6099-darktone-albums-joes-dope-moves-picture5320-hello-mr-joe.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-joes-dope-moves-picture5308-stormy.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-joes-dope-moves-picture5324-deposit.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-joes-dope-moves-picture5318-savings.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-joes-dope-moves-picture5326-usdcad.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-joes-dope-moves-picture5310-scream-time.jpg

6099-darktone-albums-joes-dope-moves-picture5316-good-day.jpg

Only slight difference is that I know how to manage my shìt where as you obviously do not :D

Last edited:
Well darkie, you will certainly get some beer money out of it. Ultimately you will give back more than you have taken. This applies to your curve fitting friends who now fancies wide limits. My limits requires enlightenment to operate. Without me here, you have nothing. You will be going back to where you started because my stay here is not indefinitely. You should have about 9 months of play time until my task is complete..