Difference between amateurs and professionals

Don't mention it. I am always happy to give amateurs an occasional pointer to set them in the right direction.

The difference is that pro's control markets while amateurs are controlled by markets.

Here's a bit of market control just in time. If they don't go in the direction I want them to go, they have to pay me:

What happens if you use real money?

Wheat merchant paid up. Kerchinnnng !!!

244556d1502199384-difference-between-amateurs-professionals-wheat.jpg

Attachments

• wheat.jpg
    wheat.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 428
Ok, before anyone get any funny ideas, let me state what the game is. I trade for profit and for lulz. I use an auto trader occasionally when it is appropriate. The auto trader is not for sale, nor are my ideas. I am quite sure people don't like my ideas anyway because these are opposites of everything they know.

I am not afraid of showing my trades because I don't believe anyone can work out what is going on - my ideas are just too unusual and too alien. I like to think my ideas are too advanced. But people will disagree, and I don't particularly care.

I am a software developer, currently making/selling a software product for computer gamers. Although, I could make trading related software but I don't. So I am not some kind of vendor in disguise waiting for the right moment to strike out on trading forums.

My purpose is primarily for trading related lulz. Also I have a personal interest to demonstrate profiting from the markets is in fact possible. When I was a wee-beginner, all I wanted to know was whether it was possible. That question was never once convincingly answered until many years later when I found for myself it was possible. So I am adding to the world what I could not find when I needed it. People may not like what I am doing, but I don't care. I am not here to help anyone make profit. If they have what it takes to glean something useful from my stuff to make profit, they are welcome to it.

So, onto a new day with my auto trader. Yesterday, the wheat merchant chose to pay my road tolls rather than to run against me. Today, I am going to increase their incentive for running against me by upping the trade size by 50%. I will tax the wheat merchant 11p for each of my lines they cross.

Ahhh, yes, you see even a simple program can make money once the market is understood.

244586d1502257461-difference-between-amateurs-professionals-wheat.jpg

Attachments

• wheat.jpg
    wheat.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
Took a position in silver. No limits. Will add when price is right.

244634d1502282228-difference-between-amateurs-professionals-silver.jpg

Attachments

• silver.jpg
    silver.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 534
Ok, before anyone get any funny ideas, let me state what the game is. I trade for profit and for lulz. I use an auto trader occasionally when it is appropriate. The auto trader is not for sale, nor are my ideas. I am quite sure people don't like my ideas anyway because these are opposites of everything they know.

I am not afraid of showing my trades because I don't believe anyone can work out what is going on - my ideas are just too unusual and too alien. I like to think my ideas are too advanced. But people will disagree, and I don't particularly care.

I am a software developer, currently making/selling a software product for computer gamers. Although, I could make trading related software but I don't. So I am not some kind of vendor in disguise waiting for the right moment to strike out on trading forums.

My purpose is primarily for trading related lulz. Also I have a personal interest to demonstrate profiting from the markets is in fact possible. When I was a wee-beginner, all I wanted to know was whether it was possible. That question was never once convincingly answered until many years later when I found for myself it was possible. So I am adding to the world what I could not find when I needed it. People may not like what I am doing, but I don't care. I am not here to help anyone make profit. If they have what it takes to glean something useful from my stuff to make profit, they are welcome to it.

So, onto a new day with my auto trader. Yesterday, the wheat merchant chose to pay my road tolls rather than to run against me. Today, I am going to increase their incentive for running against me by upping the trade size by 50%. I will tax the wheat merchant 11p for each of my lines they cross.

Ahhh, yes, you see even a simple program can make money once the market is understood.

244586d1502257461-difference-between-amateurs-professionals-wheat.jpg

terrific post EJ! your auto trader is very interesting..i want to learn coding to make my own some day. What language do you recommend for a complete beginner but robust enough to make my own auto trader?

terrific post EJ! your auto trader is very interesting..i want to learn coding to make my own some day. What language do you recommend for a complete beginner but robust enough to make my own auto trader?

c# is business class. also usable on linux through mono.

Teaching piphoe c# is like teaching a gorilla how to use an Uzi.
He needs Python.

I know more about markets than you. I also know more about IT than you. You lack in enlightenment.

Python is for script kiddies. For industrial strength stuff, c# is excellent.

Last edited:
I know more about markets than you. I also know more about IT than you. You lack in enlightenment.

Python is for script kiddies. For industrial strength stuff, c# is excellent.

Both of those points are highly debatable, on my desk in front of me I'm currently programming an ESP-32 wifi enabled chip which I control from an Android app I wrote.
Yes I know c# is for business use, but the thought of letting a chimp like piphoe write trading software with it is insane. He needs a script kiddie language, horses for courses.

Both of those points are highly debatable, on my desk in front of me I'm currently programming an ESP-32 wifi enabled chip which I control from an Android app I wrote.
Yes I know c# is for business use, but the thought of letting a chimp like piphoe write trading software with it is insane. He needs a script kiddie language, horses for courses.

I completed The Sun crossword yesterday(y)

Took a position in silver. No limits. Will add when price is right.

244634d1502282228-difference-between-amateurs-professionals-silver.jpg

Bugger it. I was over-enthusiastic and entered too soon. So a large drawdown is expected. In a way this is good. Anyone copy-trading me will be wiped out. This should act as a deterrence in the future.