Difference between amateurs and professionals

I am getting the impression that showing an in-progress trade that is in profit is considered to be less than upstanding. This is rather silly since an in-profit trade can go into loss. Here's to show a previously in profit trade that has gone into loss. If this comes good in the end, then this trade should be considered as extra-upstanding. I don't believe that is how it should be because it's just a working trade moving in and out of profit.

The goal for this trade is to find an exit, but I want a very favourable exit. I continue to adjust the positions in this trade. It is a working trade.

244748d1502448072-difference-between-amateurs-professionals-gas.jpg

Attachments

• gas.jpg
    gas.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:
When I ask for call-outs I often suggest they call out a trade in profit, because I know they are at risk of being hit by a loss so long as they are exposed to the market. To believe there is that much of a difference between an in-profit and out-of-profit trade is the thinking of a beginner with limited understanding of the market.

Here's another trade nicely in loss, should make it more legit. Had the position for a while but it wasn't going anywhere. Just added the closest to money position.

244818d1502470622-difference-between-amateurs-professionals-nasdaq.jpg

Attachments

• nasdaq.jpg
    nasdaq.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 430
place a trade, or otherwise place a useful insight, or GTH off the forum.:mad:

Guys does professional and institutional traders still pay attention to news trading?

Guys does professional and institutional traders still pay attention to news trading?

Yes and no. The professionals/institutes on the sell side of the business don't care about the news. They know what's in the news a couple of weeks before hand and have already taken their positions. The professionals/institutes on the buy side of the business will pay attention to the news and gamble on the announcement. But they lose or have very poor overall performance.

Using dax as an atm machine and withdrew the top amount. Leaving the lower one to let the merchant have a chance to run against me and get their money back. In trading, we must show consideration and compassion for the kind people who give us money.

245236d1503040613-difference-between-amateurs-professionals-dax.jpg

Attachments

• dax.jpg
    dax.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 605
Last edited:
Took the money in jp225. Leaving the loser in place for the same purpose as above.

245238d1503040776-difference-between-amateurs-professionals-jp225.jpg

Attachments

• jp225.jpg
    jp225.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 583
Since I am in the mood, might as well grab some from the nasdaq merchant. That top position got there through exceptionally hard work. It's a real pity to lose it. But I am feeling generous and want to let the merchant off the hook this time.

This took my account above 25% towards my next account double. Nice !

245240d1503041917-difference-between-amateurs-professionals-nasdaq.jpg

Attachments

• nasdaq.jpg
    nasdaq.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 599