Did you ever doubt yourself?

well, thank you gentlemans... that was another valuable session
time for a pint

Yes, and what is your excuse? I suppose you should tell jack that maybe he was using Bollinger band code that was written 18 months ago when the markets were different :LOL:

Perhaps he should go to Bollingerupdate.com and get the latest patch, which I think is Market V3.2.7 for Windows Vista, they have added a new colour!
:LOL: :LOL:

I may be cynical sir but only your persona far exeeds mine in regard to the other criterion;)

What you starting on me for anyway you whopper you know I agree with you.

using Bollinger band code that was written 18 months ago when the markets were different

I'd have thought Bollinger bands were right up you're street... after all, they're from the 1980's. :D

I see you still haven't said anything intelligent... or even interesting for that matter.

Are you going to explain what you're trying to say? I am actually giving you the benefit of the doubt here and you have let your reading public down three times so far.

At the moment, as far as your posts in this thread go, the only thing I see that you stand for is your self-aggrandising statement that you are always right and the "other guy" is always wrong.

Last edited:
jackolan, have you tried an equity curve simulator? Would be interesting to see how that looks with your system....

I think it is probably a matter of your subcouncious not coping with your success - if you had belief systems from your past that said "it is hard work and toil that makes you money!" then you may be going through some turmoil inside you - don't worry it is natural, we all do it. The best way to change your belief systems is to make some new one (ohh I sound all coachy ..sorry!!) conciously acknowledge your old feelings and get excited about your new success.
Enjoy your success & may it be long lived - and congratulation!

Jackolan, 5 risk for 1 reward is terrible.

I had previously trading same type of system

3 risk 1 reward and it blew up. It was a trend following system and it blew up in september 2008 when a downtrend was unfolding. How ironic was that.
And to make matters worse, it worked for the 9 months before but by the time I realized it didn't work anymore I had lost both my profits and some of my base capital.

The damage was not so much money as it was psychological.When you hit a losing streak of 3 or 4 which should never happen you will deviate and get messed up. And the problem was I didn't deviate at all. My system was just flawed. How do you know you should deviate or not? System traders have alot more problems than discretionary ones.

You need a better system.

You need a better system.

I think you misread the posts. I have a much better system than the one you think I have!

At the time I made these posts I was making 17 WINS for 1 LOSS. But the largest (potential) loss was 5 times the value of the wins. I only ever hit the maximum loss once. On the day I made the post!!! :D I should have paid more attention to the markets!

I think you misread the posts. I have a much better system than the one you think I have!

At the time I made these posts I was making 17 WINS for 1 LOSS. But the largest (potential) loss was 5 times the value of the wins. I only ever hit the maximum loss once. On the day I made the post!!! :D I should have paid more attention to the markets!

My system only had 2 out of 20 losses in the first 8 months of 2008. Then it hit a 6 streak loss in september october.
The results , applying of system, almost identical to your system.
That's why I am warning you I cannot ignore the similarity between our systems are so great. Except your system is still working I am just warning you with that kind of risk-reward for a system your one bad month away from ruin.

I now have a system with same win-ratio but with 5 reward 1 risk so psychological I am feeling much happier.

Last edited: