Diary of a swing spread better

barjon said:
hung

don't forget that head & shoulders neckline - oh, just look where the rise came to a halt yesterday :cheesy:

jon

Thanks, Jon. I'll look for that neckline again. To be honest I already forgot about it :(

Cheers,

Hung

barjon said:
hung

don't forget that head & shoulders neckline - oh, just look where the rise came to a halt yesterday :cheesy:

jon

ps: just in you missed it when the page turned :) your thread's so active you might consider starting afresh each month to make it more digestible for browsers

cheers

jon

Hi Jon,

Did I get the neck line right here?!

Thanks,

H

Attachments

• dow 5.jpg
    dow 5.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 160
barjon said:
ps: just in you missed it when the page turned :) your thread's so active you might consider starting afresh each month to make it more digestible for browsers

cheers

jon

That's a good idea. But how can I do that?! Opening a new thread under the same name?!

Thanks a lot,

Hung

And finally a mini 'correction' is under way in the 5 min chart but is already over on the 1 min one.

Attachments

• dow 3 5 min.jpg
    dow 3 5 min.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 134
  • dow 4 1 rise.jpg
    dow 4 1 rise.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 155
hungvir said:
Hi Jon,

Did I get the neck line right here?!

Thanks,

H

hung

yeah, in that vicinity - around 11025

you can start as many threads as you like. Your new thread could be Diary of a Spread Better:July for example

must dash - golf calls

cheers

jon

Hi Hung,

I had another look at your suggestion, BSY, It has pulled back to where I believed it couild go up so I bought in and have been able to put my stop into profit. Now, the question is isthis a pullback in an uptrend, or am I heading for a pullback in a downtrend?

Anyway I'll decide that next week, if I don't get stopped this afternoon!

Attachments

• BSY.JPG
    BSY.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 183
Hi Split,

Good to hear that the trade is in profit already. I hope you don't mind me commenting.

From the daily chart you posted, the high of yesterday's bar has not been breached and my method would not support holding it overnight. But I assume you based your decision on intraday chart and have your exit plan already.

Good trading,

Hung

The DOW is setting itself up for shorting chances now. Will see how it goes.

Attachments

• dow 6 short.jpg
    dow 6 short.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 152
Got it wrong. Stopped out losing 8 points. It looks like it's going to be range bound rather than having any definte direction.

Attachments

• dow 7.jpg
    dow 7.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 133
Strategy for trending market was used for a range bound one. The channel is actually big enough to make some money by selling at the top and buying at the bottom. But I'll just watch it for now.

I wonder how long the DOW will stay in this 'cage' for. I'll buy the next bottom if it does not violate the lower line of the channel too much.

Attachments

• dow 9.jpg
    dow 9.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 130
On the 10 min chart, the DOW is clearly shown to be struggled to find direction. It looks like the momentum is still strong enough for it to go up later today.

Attachments

• dow 10.jpg
    dow 10.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 117
A bit of a break-thru on the 5 min chart but 11040 still needs to be breached for the up trend to be back to live.

Attachments

• dow 11.jpg
    dow 11.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 122
There's a falling knife to catch here. I'll catch it when there's an up bar.

Attachments

• dow 12.jpg
    dow 12.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 109