daytradetowin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to this site through a Google search when I was researching the feedback on John Paul's system before purchasing it. I found the review on About.com, which I posted here. I was then pounced on as being a newbie and you all tore into it.

I purchased the system and so far have been satisfied. Of course my results are only short term.

What you really want to know is if I am a shill for John Paul. No I am not. The At the Open system seems to work more than not.

As for the large stops, you can temper those to your liking. I have to agree that if you tighten them too much, you will be stopped out. Of course there are going to be days when you will lose at 6 pts., which is a lot. However it seems you will win more than lose.

If you don't like the system, don't buy it. But how does your trading system compare? You call JP on the carpet, but I don't see you comparing your trading system against his. How do your indicators stack up? What's your record for winning trades between 9:30 and noon ET ?

It is not a matter of comparing trading systems.

With a 5 to 2 stop loss profit target ratio, the system would need to produce more than 72% win rate to have an edge over random entry. I am working on a system that is showing a 60% win ration with a 1:1 stop loss/profit target ratio and I am working on improving upon that.

I am not trying to put him down or otherwise, just trying to figure out enough to see if it warrants the $$$ charged.

Can you explain what is “PM me the answers if you don't want them here - I won’t make them public.....PM me a coupon code too so I can get a discount. You know that makes sense a lot of sense”

What did you mean by “it makes a lot of sense”? Because you are a senior member you are entitled to coupons? To me it sounds like an extortion all together.

Your entire thought and post is wrapped around how you want to get your money back.
Please spare us your useless 2 cents on your inner dilemas.

Lol !

Thing is - I am not clear on what the guarantee is as I can't find the details on the web site.

So - John Paul
- can the guarantee be claimed after forward testing on an ES Sim Account on Tradestation ? I ask this because if my backtest doesn't show good results, I'd not want to run it on my live account and would therefore not be entitled to a refund.

- if I make $1000 but lose $1500 - does the guarantee still pay me back ? I ask because I would have actually made more than the course fee at that point but would also have lost more.

- does the guarantee apply if I only trade 1 or 2 contracts ? It seems 30 days is a rather small amount of time to become confident enough in a system to trade that 10 or 20 contracts.

- under what duristiction does the guarantee apply ? Offshore company or US company or other ?

PM me the answers if you don't want them here - I wont make them public.

PM me a coupon code too so I can get a discount. You know that makes sense a lot of sense.

Lol !

Seriously though - Neil is saying those results are fake.

3/2/2009 +2 $100
3/3/2009 +2 $100
3/4/2009 +2 $100
3/5/2009 -5 $-250
3/6/2009 +2 $100
Total: $150

What is not clear is if Neil thinks these results have been posted to make the system look good or bad.

With a 5 point stop & a 2 point target. I would expect from 5 winners & 2 losers from 7 trades on a purely random entry. So if this system has an edge - it needs to outperform that. The above results neither make the system look good or bad.

There are some unknowns here. There is also a 4 point target in the system but no mention yet of when to appy the 4 point target, nor would there be 'cause it's not a free system. Obviously on a 4 point target and 5 point stop loss a random entry would see you winning 5 trades out of 9. On the face of it - this seems a more realistic win ration to outperform.

Curiosity is killing me. I am half tempted to bite just to see what it's about. I could in theory backtest the system in a couple of days & then run it forward to make back the $396 I put in (or whatever it is). Then it would kill the argument either way.

Thing is - I am not clear on what the guarantee is as I can't find the details on the web site.

So - John Paul
- can the guarantee be claimed after forward testing on an ES Sim Account on Tradestation ? I ask this because if my backtest doesn't show good results, I'd not want to run it on my live account and would therefore not be entitled to a refund.

- if I make $1000 but lose $1500 - does the guarantee still pay me back ? I ask because I would have actually made more than the course fee at that point but would also have lost more.

- does the guarantee apply if I only trade 1 or 2 contracts ? It seems 30 days is a rather small amount of time to become confident enough in a system to trade that 10 or 20 contracts.

- under what duristiction does the guarantee apply ? Offshore company or US company or other ?

PM me the answers if you don't want them here - I wont make them public.

PM me a coupon code too so I can get a discount. You know that makes sense a lot of sense.

Those results are not fake, those are my results trading this system for last week, trading 1 contract (on SIM, as I stated in my original post). I AM doing what you talk of doing. I bought the system and trading it on SIM for 30 days to see if it can make more that $400. If not, I will ask for a refund.

Since Feb 12th, I've had 2 losers and 13 winners. One of those winners would have been questionable on getting filled on entry, so if you remove that one, I've had 2 losers (-10) and 12 winners (+24), for a net of 14 points before comms. I realize that there are 4 trading days left in the week, and I will post my results on Friday for anyone who cares.

I guess my newbie status on this forum does not warrant me receiving credibility...

I agree with Zmark-trader. Sounds like pedro01 is the real scammer here, trying to get something for nothing. :rolleyes:

I agree with Zmark-trader. Sounds like pedro01 is the real scammer here, trying to get something for nothing. :rolleyes:

So let me get this right.

Asking for details of the guarantee & asking for a discount is scamming & wanting something for nothing ?

Should I buy a system & commit real funds to it before any testing ? That gives me 30 days to look at the system, not a huge amount of time in my book.

Should I purchase anything on this planet without asking for a discount ? If trying to buy something below the price others are paying for it is a scam, then you should really think about your future as a trader.

There is after all a coupon code on the site - so it certainly appears that discounts are given.

As for taking stuff off line - if the vendor doesn't want the guarantee details picked apart, then a PM is the best way to have that discussion.

Here are a couple of other things that i have seen in watching the system. One, Mr. Paul uses Ninja trader. Different platforms will have slight differences in chart creation, so if you try and back test against the performance data on his site, you might not get exactly the same results. I believe this will average out over time, it has in other things i have traded, but you're only going to compare exactly if you're using Ninja/Zenfire.

Mr. Paul warns against moving stops. My day today was a perfect example. The market hit my buy limit, did not go through so i was not filled. Immediately rallied 2pts, and hit 4pts. Pissed me off. Went back down filled me, rallied the two pts but didn't go through, so didn't fill me at the target, market was in a downtrend so i moved to breakeven. Filled me. Preceeded lower, I thought Yippee, didn't get nicked for 5pts. Didn't hit the 5pts stop in any of this, turned on a dime and proceeded to go the 2 and 4 pts. and could've gotten either fill if you'd desired. I screwed it, the system didn't, good lesson.

Point is i do believe you have to set up your dome, take the trades and let them work...or not.

I also noticed that Mr. Paul in earlier months was using a 4pt stop and a constant 2pts. target. I have not done a thorough testing yet. Through January i have noticed no discrepancies in the trades he listed. I therefore printed out the performance history. Assumed a set 2pts target, and a 4pts loss on all the trades he has listed. Simple counting and math.

There are 189 trades. 166 wins, 23 losses. That's a net of $12,000 on one contract ( (166 * 100) - (23*200)). Will this continue, don't know, and I am not in any way affiliated with Mr. Paul. Don't care if you buy it or not. The original part of this thread asked for experiences with the system. This is no more than mine so far.

Hope it helps with your decision, sorry if it doesn't.

Here is the reason for JP's loose stop imho......I see that he is entering as the price is moving opposite direction of trade, allowing for high probability being correct, but not the exact turn in trade direction when entry is executed. No one can hit exact turn point on a regular basis. Hence, the allowance for price to move against him some, but not enough to hit the 5 point stop. He is buying low, selling high with trend. That is as golden as it gets. I said I won't buy anything from anyone, but his stuff is very good, at first blush. very good. george

By the way, this is the best I have seen for beginners and others to build upon. And the cheapest. Personally, I would not be selling it, only trading it. He has spent years to get to this point, and now is going public with it, I would not......money or no money.... george

Please ignore my second paragraph on todays activity. I screwed it up greater than i thought. In checking back I latched on to the incorrect price. I do believe the rest of my post is correct. Sorry about the confusion.

Lol !

Seriously though - Neil is saying those results are fake.

3/2/2009 +2 $100
3/3/2009 +2 $100
3/4/2009 +2 $100
3/5/2009 -5 $-250
3/6/2009 +2 $100
Total: $150

What is not clear is if Neil thinks these results have been posted to make the system look good or bad.

Where do you read that Neil said those results are fake?
I only find his remark that "everybody can post figures".
Saying those posts are fake is a plain lie since I have similar results for that week.
They are not made up.

To answer your previous question aswell. Me too I found this thread looking for reviews other than holy grail peddling sites on google and landed here. I tried to register my nick and noticed that I did that already in 2005. I forgot about it.

If you check my nick on other boards (forex) you will see that I am searching for a long time for something that I can and like to trade. I think my posts go back to 2003 on moneytec and strategybuilderfx earlier and ff later.

Along the way I baught my share of "stupid ebooks and methods".
So I can understand where your sceptism is coming from. I am not here to make things look good, but to share my views on the method. And my test.

So, if a "Legendary Member" will say that I fake my results, I will simply keep my test results for myself. Everybody can post figures, yes? I certainly do not claim 100% correctness of my figures, there is always room for typos or such. But again, if anyone here doubts the integrity of my results, I will just keep them for myself again in future.
I dont have to prove anything to anyone.

So here is my current excel spreadsheet.
It is not formatted, I just type in my daily results in forward testing.

Attachments

• ontheopen.xls
    27 KB · Views: 443
Dan is right Pedro

Where do you read that Neil said those results are fake?
I only find his remark that "everybody can post figures".
Saying those posts are fake is a plain lie since I have similar results for that week.
They are not made up.

To answer your previous question aswell. Me too I found this thread looking for reviews other than holy grail peddling sites on google and landed here. I tried to register my nick and noticed that I did that already in 2005. I forgot about it.

If you check my nick on other boards (forex) you will see that I am searching for a long time for something that I can and like to trade. I think my posts go back to 2003 on moneytec and strategybuilderfx earlier and ff later.

Along the way I baught my share of "stupid ebooks and methods".
So I can understand where your sceptism is coming from. I am not here to make things look good, but to share my views on the method. And my test.

So, if a "Legendary Member" will say that I fake my results, I will simply keep my test results for myself. Everybody can post figures, yes? I certainly do not claim 100% correctness of my figures, there is always room for typos or such. But again, if anyone here doubts the integrity of my results, I will just keep them for myself again in future.
I dont have to prove anything to anyone.

Well said Dan. I never said the posted results were fake.:)

LOL.......LOL.........LOL

JP must love all this free advertising, which must be why he isn't satisfying our curiosity by giving a trial.

LOL.......LOL.........LOL

JP must love all this free advertising, which must be why he isn't satisfying our curiosity by giving a trial.

And who is advertising it? And where?
What is this board again for?
T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums > Tools > Trading Resources > Seminars & Tutors >

Exactly that is what I am doing, discussing and testing a method taught in the ebook.
If that is taken as "free advertisement" for a vendor, then this board is useless.

Remarks like yours and the next one are discouraging to say the least.
What you are trying to do is squeezing out free info to save you from paying for it.
There are quite some people reading this thread trying to swap the ebook for some other ebooks or simply asking me to share the book for free by PM.
Go figure.

Sorry for my off topic rant now ....
I make my daily bread and butter to run websites. About 13 right now. With over 200k visitors a day. None of them trading related, and I won`t run anything trading related. I am doing that since 1997 and fulltime since 1999. Ever since, the attitude of the average internet surfer is trending to a "freebie" mentality. Everyone wants everything, spoonfed and free. Ad - Blockers are among the best selling products on the internet right now... Go figure.

An example:
I am living overseas from my home and primarily rely on a webportal that is actually a connection of all local newspapers of my home area for news and sports. The service is great, I check the site several times a day for news from home and get the articles the day before they get printed. And people discuss on their board how to best block their ads. How low is that?

And you come here to complain about "free advertising" in an area of the board that is meant to discuss commercial Seminars & Tutors. Hilarious.

Look at the general forex board here. Whenever a new "robot" is released it hits that board with new posters posting doubling and trippling demo accounts in days before they blow. I think your remark would better fit in there.

I believe that there are several people on this thread that actually baught the ebook, since I see similar results.
So we could have a serious discussion. But I feel like really wasting my time dealing with the mentality I just explained above.

If you think it is crap, why not just move on and stop cluttering the thread for the sake of information .....

or maby because......... its still crap :D

Takes a REAL life time loser to make a comment like that in lieu of all the positive stuff that JP contributed to traders, myself included. Dan S is right! This forum is full of moochers who will violate copyrights to save themselves a penny.

I believe that there are several people on this thread that actually baught the ebook, since I see similar results.
So we could have a serious discussion. But I feel like really wasting my time dealing with the mentality I just explained above.

If you think it is crap, why not just move on and stop cluttering the thread for the sake of information .....

Dan - please continue - I am interested.

Oh dear its all got a bit over the top here.

Dan, you need to lighten up a bit, stress ain't good for you or your trading.

I am not stressed, atleast not for this ;)
I just like to call bull when I see bull. And I would like to continue a good discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.