Day Trading Futures

Bez said:
I could understand it if you were using EW but you say you don't use it..

Thats what confused me on your ref point for the 1:1 :eek: :)
Bez
i dont use EW from the point of view that i have never studied it
i dont know what the EW theories i could not tell you anything about how one goes and counts waves and so forth all i know is what i have learned from reading markets
the 1:1 are respective to geometry if EW uses them, then we have something in common
when i read waves im looking at it from a point of view that its correctional or directional a wave can go up in 5 waves some from what i have read will count 7 and 9 waves to me its always 5 waves a correction from what i have been told is 3 waves which makes sense but you can still get 5 waves on a corectional move
its just my way of interpreting i dont go into too much detail because my points of reference regarding waves may not be the same as the 'purist' methods so there could be misinterpretation

Thanks for that...

I myself am not a pure hard core waver....I use geometry of the marksts as you can proably tell from my posts, its just EW is the most powerful tool help detemine structure and rhythm that I've found.

Even geo people like Gilmore, points out his system of narrowing down 4 waves into ratio's of sacred geomerty still conforms with the rules laid out by elliott but removes the subjective count problems.

I enjoy your charts and when I've re-booted my ensign I start puttting a few more of mine up...

BTW thanks to you spotting the ES blunder im short ES from 1391.5
thanks buddy
everything has its place waves and geometry go hand in hand and many other things at the end they are just tools its we who make the decision

andycan said:
BTW thanks to you spotting the ES blunder im short ES from 1391.5

A chance to add with an S&R just above the high :?:

Attachments

• ABC sell.jpg
    ABC sell.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Bez said:
A chance to add :?:
that is the plan
at 1385.5 i covered half position with a stop just above the days high even if i get stopped out im in profit
not the best trade in the world but it is a counter trend move so this move up is not nice but expected

The only thing that worries me is that it didn't overbalance its last correction, so the DT give or take the stops just a bove is a clear line in the sand

it depends what you mean by overbalanced are you talking price or time?
i was looking at a drop into the blue line min at 1380 dec basis we got 1385
one of es annoying habits unlike many other instruments is es will make a d/top/d/bottom then pop over to make a slightly new high or low and then drop or rally either way this trade i have a locked in profit so its cool
im currently looking at euro/dollar and a few other markets i have not traded before just sim trading them to get a feel for them
euro/dollar hit the 1:1 abc up and the 1:1 corrective move up lets see what happens now

Overblance as in the last alt correction wave...

I agree about how annoying the Es can be at times :)

1000 words as they say....

Attachments

• didn't overbalance.jpg
    didn't overbalance.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 224
i see what you mean
i was looking at a deeper correction i did not look at that because i consider that to be a substructure
(a structure within the main structure)

thought i post this in reference to the earlier post regarding euro/dollar
i have shorted it (sim trade)
see how it goes would like to see the gap filled on the day session looking for 1.265

Attachments

• Image1.gif
    Image1.gif
    94.1 KB · Views: 237
This is a trade inspired by the concept of waves separation by Ma
In this case I'am short

Attachments

• eur.gif
    eur.gif
    68.3 KB · Views: 299
  • eur.gif
    eur.gif
    73 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
andycan said:
thought i post this in reference to the earlier post regarding euro/dollar
i have shorted it (sim trade)
see how it goes would like to see the gap filled on the day session looking for 1.265
This is great friends to post ideas and concepts for day trading Thank's :cheesy:

cool
was short eur/usd got stopped out overnight my stop too tight but i see now its dropping i will try a short on a pop if it can

good trade Again Mr Black

Mr.Black said:
This is great friends to post ideas and concepts for day trading Thank's :cheesy:
certainly makes it more interesting when there are other ideas
it should not be about who is right or wrong but how and why

andycan said:
certainly makes it more interesting when there are other ideas
it should not be about who is right or wrong but how and why
Yes you are right the Market is judging at the end :cheesy:

More samples for wave chart whit directional signals

Attachments

• EUR1027.JPG
    EUR1027.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 220
  • eur1.gif
    eur1.gif
    68.4 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
i have shorted es and soy beans will post charts later (sorry !!)
es short from 1391.25 and beans from 635.75

Reactions: Bez
Bolder than me :cool:

I don't like doing gap plays even with a fibbo during lunch hour :eek:

The only other techicancal sell I can see is the diag 1: 1 into the 78.6% : maybe worth a punt with a 6 tick stop..Other wise a basic pattern break of 1389.75 would get me intrested, custard I know :eek:

Edit a DT showdow on the 61.8 at 1392 gets the attention as well.....

Attachments

• tech play es.jpg
    tech play es.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Bez said:
Bolder than me :cool:

I don't like doing gap plays even with a fibbo during lunch hour :eek:

The only other techicancal sell I can see is the diag 1: 1 into the 78.6% : maybe worth a punt with a 6 tick stop..Other wise a basic pattern break of 1389.75 would get me intrested, custard I know :eek:

Edit a DT showdow on the 61.8 at 1392 gets the attention as well.....
ok the reason i sold was because i have been in and out did not even look at the fib retracement so i just shorted
a little trick when there is a gap its a magnet the grind up is telling me it will sell off it had all the chance in the world to bust up and could not 2 hours or there abouts trying to break it, its a short plain and simple now lets see if it can break the first swing low