Day Trading FTSE100

Hi LF,

Trader No.1
A member who does as you wish and calls live trades in advance and then, just for good measure, provides audited broker statements to prove they actually took the trades themselves. They're making the kind of money most of us only ever dream of.

Trader No.2
A member posts trades after the event but, as Xenophobia has kindly done here, provides a comprehensive explanation of their strategy / system. Let's say that Trader No.2 in this example is a complete fraud (not Xen', obviously!) They've never taken a live trade, they've only paper traded the system and their account is showing a large loss - even though they claim to be profitable.

So, all ideas that are well thought out and clearly explained have value, and the members who take the time to post them should be commended for their contribution and not criticised for failing to post live calls in advance.

Rant over!
;)
Tim.

Thank you for your kind words dude:)

I'm doing my bit to help what I have posted is the system I use everyday. Now I have made it clear that there is discretion needed but that is related to basic T.A such as the support and resistance and trend lines. If one can do this then this system I have outlined can be very profitable.

I for one cant teach the support resistance trend line aspect because that is down to interpretation. But even still it is basic analysis.

I for one don’t claim to be the master of all traders I just trade the FTSE and S&P I have traded FX in the past and it didn’t work for me I lost money so I reverted back to index trading which does work for me.

I'm not some genius far from it as you can probably tell but I have system that makes me anywhere from 5-60 points a day on the FTSE.
Some days the system will only allow for 10 points the next day it may allow for 40 points then the next 20 points. But on average I do achieve around 150 point a week between the FTSE and S&P.

I don’t for one second state that anyone will achieve the same success or point gain due to the discretion factor but if one works on it then its not a distant dream.

I will post part 2 next week this will deal with stops targets and some other aspects of my system. :)

As for my other comments about other members here about being useless to the forum that is just my opinion based on what I have read over multiple posts and threads here.
I find the T2W forum very useful but I would say is boarding on 50% trash posts 50% useful posts.

With about 80% useless members and 20% positive/useful members.

All my opinion of course :p

I find the T2W forum very useful but I would say is boarding on 50% trash posts 50% useful posts.

Hi Xen',
With my official 'Content Manager' hat on, I'd be very surprised and hugely impressed if the 'trash Vs useful' ratio was anywhere near as high as 50:50! Ditto with your 80:20 ratio for 'useless Vs useful' members, although that comment requires some clarification. It's important to keep in mind that T2W is the largest site of its kind in the world and it's completely free to join. Obviously, the vast majority of new members will be complete newbies looking for help and advice from more experienced traders. As the site continues to grow exponentially, it's probable that the ratios outlined above will become more extreme as the experienced traders who make quality contributions become an ever smaller minority, outnumbered by the legions of newbies. It's for this reason that I especially value any member who takes the time to post their ideas and trading methods in the way that you have. As I mentioned in my last post, the wider membership can then decide for themselves if the ideas presented are useful, applicable to them and potentially profitable - or not - as the case may be. The value to the site is the ideas themselves and the rationale behind them, and not whether or not they make money for the member(s) who post them. One man's meat is another man's poison, so I never pay any attention to the alleged profitability of any strategy I come across, whether it's on here, in a book or elsewhere on the interweb.

Thanks for your thread and I look forward to Part 2 and beyond!
Tim.

After some private chat to an unnamed mod here. No threats or anything of that kind, just an understanding mod that sees some of my points being valid I want to apologise to anyone I have offended about comments made about legendary or veteran members.
I have read a lot of posts not all I admit, and I still feel there is a lot of legendary/veteran members who are not delivering for the forum but not all! So if I have offended anyone with my comments made about this subject then I sincerely apologies for that and it was not aimed at any particular individual.:)

Xeno' some of us no doubt think your thread is interesting, I for one am watching with interest as it is correlated to similar ideas I have. Like mentioned before, with so many people on-site some are more interested in starting arguments and controversy, let us try and ignore them as I think this could be a really good thread. God luck and looking forward to more on thread posts.:)

I've done some housekeeping on the thread - apologies to those whose relatively innocent posts have disappeared

jon

Hi, Xeno
One problem that I have is that Chaikin is not available to me. Is there any alternative to that?

Thank you for your kind words dude:)

I'm doing my bit to help what I have posted is the system I use everyday. Now I have made it clear that there is discretion needed but that is related to basic T.A such as the support and resistance and trend lines. If one can do this then this system I have outlined can be very profitable.

I for one cant teach the support resistance trend line aspect because that is down to interpretation. But even still it is basic analysis.

I for one don’t claim to be the master of all traders I just trade the FTSE and S&P I have traded FX in the past and it didn’t work for me I lost money so I reverted back to index trading which does work for me.

I'm not some genius far from it as you can probably tell but I have system that makes me anywhere from 5-60 points a day on the FTSE.
Some days the system will only allow for 10 points the next day it may allow for 40 points then the next 20 points. But on average I do achieve around 150 point a week between the FTSE and S&P.

I don’t for one second state that anyone will achieve the same success or point gain due to the discretion factor but if one works on it then its not a distant dream.

I will post part 2 next week this will deal with stops targets and some other aspects of my system. :)

As for my other comments about other members here about being useless to the forum that is just my opinion based on what I have read over multiple posts and threads here.

All my opinion of course :p

Tim you are of course right, I have a grudge against mentors and members who claim to have a winning formulae,post past trades,seek attention and in reality offer very little.
I have no problem with people who are prepared to clearly explain their method but not post live trades. Anywhere in between is pointless and will not help others

Are we any nearer some new content appearing on this thread?
I am really looking forward to some more and chipping in.:whistling

Last edited:
Well just to add my bit great thread Zen and I am looking forward to seeing how you exit etc..Keep up the great work.

I have been trading for sometime, and quite often on the FTSE day trading. It took me years to become consistent - in truth whether I could go through all that again I am not sure. Point is, I have a system that works for me, suits my personality and that as far as I am aware isnt that typical. I cant figure out why anyone would want to give away their system, I know I wouldnt.

Anyone looking for a system, needs to find out who they are as a trader, be it long term, short term, scared, bold etc and develop your own system that SUITS YOUR OWN PERSONALITY.

I am very interested in a thread about the FTSE, but more general issues like when do people think is the best time of day to trade?, day of week?, how correlated is it too which market?, what moves it?, corporate news?, macro, or both? These are the things us FTSE day traders need to know, not what system we can use.

Hi traderjsw - have a look at Barjon's Swingin'the FTSE thread, and my own Big Ben on the FTSE100. There's always room for additional opinions.

HI there,

Interested in swing Trading the FTSE 100, Please inform me on what indicators you use and other more "organic" reasons for placing a trade, or are you 100% technical?

Thanks

Is there no one here that is interested in day trading the FTSE or do you all have bigger fish to fry :D

Every post I look at its all FX GOLD and OIL.

Just thought I would start this little thread for any FTSE day trader, they maybe another somewhere that I have missed but another isn't going to hurt if thats the case.

First trade today using my spasticated and simple trading system 20 points at open.

Really easy to take this one.

HI there,

Interested in swing Trading the FTSE 100, Please inform me on what indicators you use and other more "organic" reasons for placing a trade, or are you 100% technical?

Thanks

Recap of todays trades. 50 points total £12 per point Total risk attached to both trades 10 point each = £240 risk in the market today.

Total profit = £600

Below is the details of the 2 trades. I only trade when volatility is rising or is stable.

Volatility is key, if I was a dog and volatility was a leg I would hump the life out of it.

I trade the ftse on a daily basis useing 5 minute charts
I use bollinger bands ,10 ema , pivots and stochastic
Please advise your daily parameters
regards Michael