Day-trade The Dow Jones For Profit

I AGREE 100%.
Also the person you find needs to spend the corrrect amount of time with you to make you aware of the system fully. Correct mentoring in my experience needs a huge time committment from the system mentor.
Unfortunately, I have no spare time for anything now.
I have posted the basics and the time learning about the 3 keys, divergence, CCI support and resistance and finally the set trap trendlines that go over bear candles and under bull candles IGNORING SPIKES, and these three confirmers will ensure 100% that you will be profitable.
Take time to study and learn.
Learn slow, earn fast.
George
i dont think its a matter of finding a helpful person, i think its just a matter of finding a helpful person for you, for your character, for your goals. to my understanding for a person to do well he has to develop a system for themselves. im not saying that georges system isnt good or successful, it may well be much better than mine, what im saying is that it doesnt necessarily fit the criteria of that particular person... a system has to fit the character of the trader..

Hi, are you interested in a co-developing TIE-UP?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi there
Be one with GOD, so that HE may appoint a deliver for your Soul-HariHaraBramKalki(S K)

haha nothing is certain but death and taxes :)

Dow Day Trading Reversal

As an illustration of how to trade a reversal, this screengrab is of the DOW today, first look for the bottom/top.
Reversals are probably the most profitable of all trades.
With the gap at the opening I find it is always difficult to day trade immediately with safety.
Having found what is believed to the bottom, this is following divergence first, then support/resistance second, then the same entry rule as always, a set trap trendline cutting the price.
Regards.
George

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi there
Be one with GOD, so that HE may appoint a deliver for your Soul-HariHaraBramKalki(S K)

Attachments

• colours.JPG
    colours.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 303
professionalism is indeed rare...

Not possible with some brokers and to guess the direction of the gap is not my method of safe trading.
George

[gasp #1]For God's sakes 2George why do you state that I am guessing! Take a look at dang chart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...23 1/2 hours of mechanical trading 5 days a week....

[gasp #2] why would anyone use a futures broker that doesn't provide daytrading margin for the overnight session?

[fact] Mechanical trading systems control the Emini contracts - where do you think the Globex high and Globex low come from? Mechanical Systems....

Market opens (9:30 am ET) are controlled by Mechanicals that are already in the market before that time, why the heck wouldn't a competent trader trade WITH the systems? The 8:30 am ET announcement is worth 90 to 140 points a trade within minutes...Mechanicals trade THAT move also! That move is always a subset of the current Globex High/Low.

[shaking head continuously]...............geeezzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

TheMechanicalDayTrader

Good luck

To each their own.
Good luck with your sales and trading.
George
[gasp #1]For God's sakes 2George why do you state that I am guessing! Take a look at dang chart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...23 1/2 hours of mechanical trading 5 days a week....

[gasp #2] why would anyone use a futures broker that doesn't provide daytrading margin for the overnight session?

[fact] Mechanical trading systems control the Emini contracts - where do you think the Globex high and Globex low come from? Mechanical Systems....

Market opens (9:30 am ET) are controlled by Mechanicals that are already in the market before that time, why the heck wouldn't a competent trader trade WITH the systems? The 8:30 am ET announcement is worth 90 to 140 points a trade within minutes...Mechanicals trade THAT move also! That move is always a subset of the current Globex High/Low.

[shaking head continuously]...............geeezzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

TheMechanicalDayTrader

Trading tends to be boring for me, I've done it for years on and off

Training and talking shop is a blast

... be careful in the words you use when blogging/posting - you should be about as careful writing as in trading.

Peace

Due diligence is king in the futures market; you can lose your shirt in minutes if you don't have a plan; - known stop loss before entry; known profit objectives and tight entries - if your not chasing the market [bad] you should be filled at the "limit" when trading emini contracts -- there are repetitive numbers at powerful institutional stops that are repeated; if the number is not repeated several times, then you are not trading a tradable instutitional stop...you are chasing the market [bad].

TheMechanicalDayTrader

After many hard years of trading, researching and trading then researching again I started to trade successfully.
I am giving up now but wanted to know if anyone out there just wants to trade the YN/Dow Jones as a business for profit?
To those so called experienced traders who think they know it all and sell their ideas - don't waste time by replying.
Mine is 100% guaranteed and is free to one person only.
George

HI george,
Are you interested in sharing your infomation with me?
I live in NewZealand, regards, Gina

those "confirmers" must really be wearing George out! He sounds tired...

these three confirmers will ensure 100% that you will be profitable.
Take time to study and learn.
Learn slow, earn fast.
George

can't wait to read the posts from the person that gets this for free. The intraday Mini Dow does not reverse on "price" (support/resistance). The intraday Mini Dow does not reverse on "Time" (averages, divergence, etc). The intraday Mini Dow does not reverse on technicals (stochastic, etc). The intraday Mini Dow reverses on 'DOW BEHAVIORS'. 3 or more DOW BEHAVIORS and the market will reverse one complete cycle of prices. After that, all bets are off, the second and third cycle of prices determine if a trend or trading range follows the first cycle of prices.

George is right that you need to "check off" things as they happen. However, Downtrend Reversal Ups (what I call DRUP's) are TWO MINUTE reversals in the MIni Dow - and they don't retrace based on price or time. I can see why George is getting tired. George, why not let the DRUP occur, don't chase the dang thing (but do close your short position) and wait for a 'confirmation' , which is based on price, time, technicals and a 'Dow Behavior'.

It helps to know if the Mechanical Trading Systems are net 'short' or net 'long' during the trading day, and that is known from the "opening tick", which I call 'Yesterday's Trade'. The market open and the previous day's closing price are set by Mechanical Trading Systems; they will be exiting their previous day's positions sometime today - my Yesterday's Trade relieves stress and uncertainty as to when this reversal is to occur.

Cycles of prices are like Sine Waves, you can make a nice living exiting at the second profit objective in a couple minutes in that first cycle. If you are a scared cat, move your stop to breakeven (including commission) and hang in there if a trend develops for your second set of contracts. The times you get stopped out, you've already racked up 30 to 100 Mini Dow points, who cares, the trends that do occur rack up another bunch of monster points. You've practiced good money management in the meantime, by locking in known, predictable profits and not giving them back by exiting at breakeven after the first price cycle does a 180 on you. You're a % trader, knowing the Dow Trends 'x' minutes per day, 'x' times per day.

Strict money management is the key, and having charting software that always confirms whether you are in a Trading Range or a Trend is currently happening.

If George's methodology was efficient - maybe it does work, but the stress seems pretty high - you would get your points in the morning and be golfing or boating in the afternoon. If you're learning a method, it's always easier to trade the Mini Dow in the afternoon instead of the morning. If you understand Sine Waves and price cycles (and Dow Behaviors), you will INSTANTLY know why. [grin]

The Mini Dow is a manipulated market, is very efficient and repeats the same cycle methodology week in, week out.

Good Trading out there!

The Mechanical Day Trader (y)

Morning trades (so far) in the Mini Dow

50 to 60 pts down, 50 - 60 pts up...the market has set a trading range, future market action is now bracketed for the next 'x' minutes.

Here's a link to a couple mechanical trades last week.

The Mechanical Day Trader

Attachments

• 0413 morning kindergarten trades.png
    0413 morning kindergarten trades.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 254
can't wait to read the posts from the person that gets this for free.
The Mechanical Day Trader (y)

... Why you selling a mechanical system if it works?
... Because your bored of trading and like talking 'shops'... Surely if its mechanical you just leave it and all the money its suppoedly making can go towards you having nice holidays and doing whatever you want, not having to slave yourself trying to sell a product on a forum or writing an advertisement page.

I'm not trying to be offensive, i'm genuinely interested in your motives.

I have never represented this as a "system"
I have never represented this was automated
You do trade mechanically, all stops, entries and profit objectives are mechanical
I have represented that trading decisions are based on Dow Behaviors (see previous posts in this thread) and mechanical indicators and that the "methodology" works 23 1/2 hrs a day, 5 days a week.

Regarding my motivation to do this, it is discussed here recently

I have posted low risk trading setups that can be used every day and I have done this 'gratis' here

Recent posts discussing actual trades are here and here

I think if you were truly interested you would have sent me a PM or an email requesting more info or looked at the previous links I have provided which disclose a WEALTH of clear information showing EXACTLY what I am talking about.

I have attached a FAQ PDF (again) which covers many common questions in spite of your comments.

Attachments

• FAQ of Mechanical Trader.pdf
    804.2 KB · Views: 619
Here is a recent testimonial, just posted today from one of my students...he's been a poster here at T2W since 2003...the credibility speaks for itself...

No tire kickers, no get rich quick schems, just rugged money management and a methodology that works day in, day out, and can be backtested ad finitum ..

Yes, automated systems are completely different.
Trying to be mechanical is something all traders strive to achieve as it removes the stresses of day trading. When the methods of trading are fully understood then this too is a stress reliever.
Automated trading programs will NEVER produce regular daily profits achieved by regular day trading. That means that there will be drawdowns, severe drawdowns in some cases.
It does not matter if you have the best money mangement in the world if the system is not fully understood - where the correct stops are etc.
I have to smile when I see comments like 'the mini dow does not reverse on divergence' - I would say that comment is 95% incorrect if you have the correct oscillator. Divergence is when the price moves one way and the specific divergence indicator moves the other way - following that there is always a reversal, always.
George

After many hard years of trading, researching and trading then researching again I started to trade successfully.
I am giving up now but wanted to know if anyone out there just wants to trade the YN/Dow Jones as a business for profit?
To those so called experienced traders who think they know it all and sell their ideas - don't waste time by replying.
Mine is 100% guaranteed and is free to one person only.
George

I have been trying to channel trade the dow for a few weeks by placing pending buy / sell orders either side of the channel. Trouble is sometimes the channel will break out and touch the buy / sell order and then retrace!!! Sometimes it works, sometimes not - can just about breakeven which defeats the object. Would be most grateful for any advice please?
Lisa

I have been trying to channel trade the dow for a few weeks by placing pending buy / sell orders either side of the channel. Trouble is sometimes the channel will break out and touch the buy / sell order and then retrace!!! Sometimes it works, sometimes not - can just about breakeven which defeats the object. Would be most grateful for any advice please?
Lisa

channel trading only works when the current trading range/trend continues; An Uptrend will continually test the support channel and then attempt a higher high, opposite for downtrends.

Unfortunately, index markets also move in trading ranges that retrace or create reversal points that are not contained within a typical price channel.

What you probably need to do is use a "time" component in evaluating your channel. Uptrends will test support and then, within a certain number of minutes have to retrace the previous high or go higher. If that does not occur within your time limit then you would consider the Uptrend over and take all long profits. Another concept is to use a price channel is keyed on prices that occurred in a previous trading period (previous day, previous session, etc). When the current price channel is ignored by the market, consider taking trades from the previous session channel. (backtest previous reversals on previous charts before implementing).

The YM has some very standard trend rules; when YM trends start, where they start and when that trend ends.

It can be expressed in my methodology as follows:

IF GL <= CODE 1
AND CODE 1 occurs BEFORE CODE 2
AND CODE 1 = POSITIVE DEVIATION
AND CODE 2 > GH
THEN use time filter
AND CODE 4 > CODE 2
AND CODE 4 occurs xtime after CODE 2
AND CODE 4 = NEGATIVE DEVIATION
EXIT LONG AT CODE 4
else
STAY LONG UNTIL END OF DAY TRADE TIME
OR EXIT MOC

Opposite logic for downtrends

Now, reverse the earlier code's outcome, traders would stay short after Code 2
IF GL > CODE 1
AND CODE 1 occurs BEFORE CODE 2
AND CODE 2 < GH
SHORT NEGATIVE DEVIATION
EXIT SHORT AT OLD CODE 1 VIOLATION AND POSITIVE DEVIATION

concepts:
dow behaviors of Time, price, trend, trading range, mechanical deviation

Hope this helps Lisa..

Thanks so much for your advice.

I am nowhere near as experienced as you are - just a novice infact. Please explain what is meant by YM - and the rest of your advice in the most basic terms - your time is much appreciated!
Thanks Lisa

YM is the emini dow contract, it trades for $5 per point on the CBOT; $500 daytrading margin at global futures. The Dow trades around 4 institutional stops at any given time (those are the codes) ; there are a total of 6 stops in each 24 hr day.

Dow is just spinning it's wheels right now, otherwise it will be trending about 25% of all trading days. Dow recently completed a double top on the daily bars, which has caused the recent downward retracement to support. yesterday it found support, at least for a few days. Knowing and trading the "codes" takes a lot of the 'fog' out of daytrading, which is probably the most stressful occupation in the World, besides being a successful writer or composer. lol

Stuart