DAX Analysis

Re: DAX Analysis 02/06/2012

(6756) The DAX confirmed the expected direct overshooting of the 6700 level on the way toward our target. The closing was again very strong on Friday supporting further strength! The indicators of the daily chart are still well positive but also still overbought and showing potential negative reversals. Those of the s/t ones are also still positive, but an hourly closing below 6750 will start turning negative those of the hourly chart supporting a correction. We still remain on the sideline while waiting for a sensible correction or a possible extreme overshooting to sell.
Read more Stock Market News

Have to agree entirely with Tints above post.:D

The biggest points dfifferences from different data providers are usually in the open price of the day - there is no universal agreement it seems on what this is. This is therefore very embarassing when you have a strategy that relies on the open or the open also happens to be apparently the high or low of the day.

Not a very convincing day but price shows weak continuation of uptrend. If long, I would hold on. If flat, I would wish to see clear poor performance over at least three more sessions before another good long entry point shows itself.

DAX Analysis 02/07/2012

The DAX confirmed yesterday a session of consolidation forming a new inside day with 6805 – 6639 the levels to follow in the coming hours. While above 6718 we expect further strength towards the s/t target at 6861!! The indicators of the daily chart are still well positive but also still overbought and showing potential negative reversals. Those of the s/t ones are instead mixed this morning suggesting some more consolidation. Only a move below 6718 will however favour a deeper correction with the 200 hours line at 6506 still the attraction! We still remain on the sideline while waiting for a sensible correction or a possible extreme overshooting to sell.

Starting to get close to the 6718 mark....

Still sat on sidelines and on FTSE as well. Can't help speculating that an agreement in Athens will launch both Indicies way past Fridays close highs...

i think you are right. wasnt a convincing break was it? maybe got there too fast? i am looking for it to break todays low tomorrow :) lets see how that goes.

selloffs have now follow through....they keep catching a bid. surely a decent down day / pullback is required soon though ?

Yea exactly. Although having said that I've been expecting that for about 3 weeks now and its been going bid pretty much every time

I'm been short equities since Christmas and it been non stop pain. I have added some more shorts but really need to see a decent retrace over next few weeks...

DAX Analysis 02/08/2012

The DAX confirmed yesterday further consolidation interior the inside day with 6805 – 6639 still the levels to follow in the coming hours. It already confirmed a move above 6795, the top of a double top formation that yesterday it failed to fully confirm the target on the downside. With the break above of it we expect a direct extension toward our target a 6861!! The indicators of the daily chart are still well positive but also still overbought and showing potential negative reversals. Those of the s/t ones are turning positive supporting further strength, especially while above the small gap up it formed this morning 6783 – 6770!! We bought the DAX at 6798 for a possible 6860 overshooting. Despite this position we still believe the DAX needs a correction, even a sensible one!!

Held small long position overnight on the basis of Greek measures being implemented so surprised to find limit had been hit this morning, before any announcements made for a +40 pip trade.

Consider that FTSE is too high and absolutely ripe for a sensible short.......If measures are signed off today with Greece, markets will certainly rise and consider Dax and FTSE are worthy of shorts tonight.

Only my opinion, but currently trading 17/17 success in last 2 weeks....

Edited In-Suprised no deal completed today ?? looking Ominous ??

Last edited:
DAX Analysis 02/09/2012

The DAX confirmed yesterday strong closing above the top of the previous session but not strong enough to confirm a break above the resistance of the inside day at 6805. It is however still well bid and while above 6737 we expect further strength for the DAX. The indicators of the daily chart are still well positive but also still overbought and showing potential negative reversals. Those of the s/t ones are mixed at the moment supporting further consolidation. Only an hourly closing above 6820 will resume the move up!! We stay long.

Held small long position overnight on the basis of Greek measures being implemented so surprised to find limit had been hit this morning, before any announcements made for a +40 pip trade.

Consider that FTSE is too high and absolutely ripe for a sensible short.......If measures are signed off today with Greece, markets will certainly rise and consider Dax and FTSE are worthy of shorts tonight.

Only my opinion, but currently trading 17/17 success in last 2 weeks....

Edited In-Suprised no deal completed today ?? looking Ominous ??

jungerns were any of your 17/17 trades from jtrading signals :?:

jungerns were any of your 17/17 trades from jtrading signals :?:

Would love to say yes !!

No all the trades mentioned are my own take on the Indicies using Reuters News, Bloomberg Live, Sky News, Twitter feeds, and the "figures" in my Watch Lists along with Support and Resistance areas.

Dax bounced around 30 points on news release that broad agreement had been reached on Greek issues however hardly sustained and showing signs of retracting.......Awaiting US open in 15 minutes but am sidelined for now.

Prices appear to reflect a deal already assumed as completed......Suspect this could be an excellent short tonight when US market ends.....

Only my opinion.

Good job I was sober when I put the above trades on !! Of course it should have read 6800 initially.

Didn't intend trading today but noticed last night Dax had risen past 6800 again so hope a few shorted again, as opened some 50 points down this morning....

Good trading for all.

DAX Analysis 02/10/2012

The DAX failed to confirm our target finding good resistance already at 6850. The correction that followed could favour a test of the support line at 6700 but overall the attraction of the correction is still the 200 hours line at 6593! The indicators of the daily chart are still well positive but also still overbought and showing potential negative reversals. Those of the s/t ones are instead negative suggesting further consolidation/ correction. The decline is corrective and therefore a buying opportunity. Today session started with a gap down, now resistance area 6770 – 6802. We stay long for now