David Knight -Journal

Why I Covered

Why I Covered @B/E

Attachments

• 8th.gif
    8th.gif
    71.3 KB · Views: 191
Expect to get back to winning ways before too long. The analysis is fine, just the stops proving to be too close before the market hit the targets.

I wont widen stops on short trades- that is one of the 10 comandments., thou shalt not widen stops nor covet thy neighbours stops..

I've broken the first one several times this week: Thou shalt not lose money, nor covet thy neighbours money.

We're all sinners really though aren't we?:)

He/she that has never moved their stop loss among you, let them cast the first stone at David

Hi David,
An excellent journal. Easy to follow and consistent. I like your commentary on the charts as it brings to life what is influencing your decision basis.
Keep it up!
Do you only trade the one market? FWIW I am a fan of this approach. I concentrate on one market (ftse) but will occasionally trade markets that may influence ftse (WTI and cable) if I see a good opportunity as I monitor them anyway.
I am currently living in a different time zone and ftse hours also happen to suit with work commitments.
Trading does not have to be complicated. As simple system developed over time with experience has less variables which makes it easier to determine consistency and a quicker turn around in the decision loop. Time is the most precious commodity!

Hi David,
An excellent journal. Easy to follow and consistent. I like your commentary on the charts as it brings to life what is influencing your decision basis.
Keep it up!
Do you only trade the one market? FWIW I am a fan of this approach. I concentrate on one market (ftse) but will occasionally trade markets that may influence ftse (WTI and cable) if I see a good opportunity as I monitor them anyway.
I am currently living in a different time zone and ftse hours also happen to suit with work commitments.
Trading does not have to be complicated. As simple system developed over time with experience has less variables which makes it easier to determine consistency and a quicker turn around in the decision loop. Time is the most precious commodity!

Thanks. Really good to get feedback.

Only trade the SPX but I do analyse other markets. I did dabble on the FTSE years ago.

Like your last paragraph. (y)

Trading plan

So many times I've seen the market make a lower high not very far below a temporary top. We could be looking at that happening today with a top at 2665 and a L/H in the Sell Zone on my chart.

Futures just edging up having not broken that zone are pulling back. Still a big gap below and plenty of resistance overhead.. I'm bearish but not in a biased way..if that makes sense.

Attachments

• trading plan 11th.gif
    trading plan 11th.gif
    66.6 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Update

Need a decisive move one way or another from the 11am time zone.. If it moves against me from here I'll be lowering my stop from 2666 purely on the fact that the probability of a profitable trade would be against me

Attachments

• 11am.gif
    11am.gif
    55.3 KB · Views: 174
Trading Plan

Delayed this analysis to give futures more time to extend the narrow 5 point range.

Attachments

• TRADEPLAN 12th.gif
    TRADEPLAN 12th.gif
    77.2 KB · Views: 176
Order- SHORT 2672 STOP 2675

Attachments

• SHORT 2672.gif
    SHORT 2672.gif
    47.9 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Trading Plan

Flat for now.Cancelled order- SHORT 2672

FOMC today/ futures expiry tomorrow

Attachments

• TRADINGPLAN13th.gif
    TRADINGPLAN13th.gif
    69.1 KB · Views: 163
Dow looks like a possible high here @24,656.80

SPX
still hasn't quite touched 2672/3

I'd rather everything lined up.. And FOMC is a complication hence I'm cautious

order to short 2672 stop 2675

EDIT 19:30

SHORT 2669 STOP 2675

just noticed I got a couple of price levels wrong on chart at 1.30pm- corrected on this chart

EDIT 22:24

super imposing my short trade on the chart after the scaling changed was what caused the error I've replaced the original with this one

I've set a target of 2660- if it's hit I will re enter around 2672 again.

Attachments

• short69.gif
    short69.gif
    61.7 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
moving stop to b/e

(current price is approx 2662)

cancelled target 2660- will handle manually.

cover 2659 +10

Running +136

There is more in this retracement but with future expiry fri I'm being cautious.

Attachments

• cover 2659.gif
    cover 2659.gif
    64.8 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
New Order (GFD) Buy 2651
Stop 2649
Target eod

Cancelled-

will wait until after expiry before opening new positions

Last edited:
short 2664