David Dalby's Trading and Research Journal

Hello David; I think the reason for many peoples bad responses is just the nature of your posts in comparison to your lack of introduction on the forum; In other words; Your giving trading advice before earning anyones respect.

Then comments like the above; aggrevate people more because its arrogant. So you've come on OUR forum to boast....

Furthermore; No1 will go envious... After all, anyone can make a journal and tell everyone their a billionaire - If you have no respect, you have no credability...

Right now you lack respect.
This is suppose to be constructive, not insultive.

I'd also just like to point out that everything you've written so far is generic knowledge... Things everybody has heard before time and time again; what many find is that generic opinion isn't often the best approach for themeselves, if you copy what all the generic-followers are doing; Then you are a sheep and the markets are made to make the majority lose... So following generic advice is usually not the best way to go until you've learnt specific rules from experience.
So basically; stop being patronising....

In that case you might as well shut down this forum and let people go to AMAZON and buy every trading book ever written and available.

I disagree, people enjoying hearing different peoples journeys and stories because some people can identify with the voice of some and not others. I do.

I have every right to tell people my trading stories, opinions and successes and failures as anyone else.

So I don't see what the problem is unless this is a private, exclusive club for people who like to think their smart and protect their egos.

In that case you might as well shut down this forum and let people go to AMAZON and buy every trading book ever written and available.

I disagree, people enjoying hearing different peoples journeys and stories because some people can identify with the voice of some and not others. I do.

Thats not what i was implying...
What i meant is that in general; succesful traders develop through their own experience rather than trying to copy the generic quotes and writings of others; because a key skill to being a trader is being able to think indepedently - Or else you are part of the crowd.

Now you could quote 'The best people learn from others experience too' - Which i would agree with too, except that most writings about experience have the motive of inducing profits and therefore aren't entirely helpful or based on any real success... They rather exist to exploit peoples hope...

In your case, you haven't proven whether you are exploiting hope with the end motive being self-indulgent = In which case we don't want your experience or whether you have genuine real experience that you want to share in a manor that is actually helpful to people = In which case i'm sure your experience would be interesting...

My comments however were just highlighting that as of yet; you are more likely the first... Until proven otherwise - Thats the general perception on this forum.

Thats not what i was implying...
What i meant is that in general; succesful traders develop through their own experience rather than trying to copy the generic quotes and writings of others; because a key skill to being a trader is being able to think indepedently - Or else you are part of the crowd.

Now you could quote 'The best people learn from others experience too' - Which i would agree with too, except that most writings about experience have the motive of inducing profits and therefore aren't entirely helpful or based on any real success... They rather exist to exploit peoples hope...

In your case, you haven't proven whether you are exploiting hope with the end motive being self-indulgent = In which case we don't want your experience or whether you have genuine real experience that you want to share in a manor that is actually helpful to people = In which case i'm sure your experience would be interesting...

My comments however were just highlighting that as of yet; you are more likely the first... Until proven otherwise - Thats the general perception on this forum.

Thanks for that! I will bear it in mind.

But I disagree about giving people false hope and perceptions.

Telling people they cannot make money in the markets will program them to fail.

Perception is different for each person.

I have a friend Ian who uses very conventional buying strategy and is in doing very nicely thank you and has just retired. It ain't about proving anything, it's about encouragement, help, building others up and letting them see the joys and pain of trading.

It's like saying WHY read Biographies when your gonna live your live anyway, pointless.
No it isn't pointless because we learn from others experience and it's about people being able to identify with your journey.

Like the philosophical discussion though!

Telling people they cannot make money in the markets will program them to fail.

Perception is different for each person.

I have a friend Ian who uses very conventional buying strategy and is in doing very nicely thank you and has just retired. It ain't about proving anything, it's about encouragement, help, building others up and letting them see the joys and pain of trading.

It's like saying WHY read Biographies when your gonna live your live anyway, pointless.
No it isn't pointless because we learn from others experience and it's about people being able to identify with your journey.

Like the philosophical discussion though!

I think biographies are pointless... Because they are made with the intention to make money; NOT to give the reader a true insight. Simply to take their money.

What is a conventional trading strategy? Just out of interest... I could probably guess but i'm interested in your opinion on the matter :innocent:

I like philsophical discussions also; i find they pass the time :)

Have you ever been in love? YES

Then it's pointless reading Romeo and Juliet? Isn't it?

NO because being in love helps you appreciate what Romeo and Juliet was all about or any other Love story.

Same with trading. Reading and experience multiply and accelerate are education.

Ever read Common people making uncommon profits, it's about ordinary people making extraordinary profits. It's their story, it's inspiring, helpful, entertaining and it's all been said BEFORE!

Conventional buying is allowing your broker to reinvest dividends in same stock. Stock brokers dream more sales.

Have you ever been in love? YES

Then it's pointless reading Romeo and Juliet? Isn't it?

NO because being in love helps you appreciate what Romeo and Juliet was all about or any other Love story.

Same with trading. Reading and experience multiply and accelerate are education.

Ever read Common people making uncommon profits, it's about ordinary people making extraordinary profits. It's their story, it's inspiring, helpful, entertaining and it's all been said BEFORE!

Reading Romeo and Juliet won't be pointless; It may be entertaining - But it certainty won't help you shag Claire Denes ( the actor in R/J 1996 film) - Which is my point.

So while its maybe entertaining to share experience; It won't help others achieve the same experience.

P.s. Nay i haven't been in love.

Remind me to tell you about the time I FELL IN LOVE with a stock!

And how I LOST ALL MY MONEY.

Soon.

Reading Romeo and Juliet won't be pointless; It may be entertaining - But it certainty won't help you shag Claire Denes ( the actor in R/J 1996 film) - Which is my point.

So while its maybe entertaining to share experience; It won't help others achieve the same experience.

P.s. Nay i haven't been in love.

You have NEVER being in love Gladiator, not even with a STOCK, BOND or GOLD!

How sad!

I know the way to get laid plenty... the secret is...

Have a SISTER one year younger than you and get all her friends :cheesy:

Look them straight in the eyes, if they smile, get them to bedroom as soon as poss.

That's it. simple, practical and it works... FOR ME:)

But it may not work for you! My sister says I have nice eyes and a cute butt!

Other guys may not, same with trading what works for me may not work for you but I can only tell you what works for me.

You have NEVER being in love Gladiator, not even with a STOCK, BOND or GOLD!

How sad!

I know the way to get laid plenty... the secret is...

Have a SISTER one year younger than you and get all her friends :cheesy:

Look them straight in the eyes, if they smile, get them to bedroom as soon as poss.

That's it. simple, practical and it works... FOR ME:)

But it may not work for you! My sister says I have nice eyes and a cute butt!

Other guys may not, same with trading what works for me may not work for you but I can only tell you what works for me.
Mmm... I'm pretty good with girls; Just never loved a girl, nor a market fo' sure.
If a market gave me loads of money, i would feel responsible, i wouldn't thank that market or be grateful towards it, similarily i'd be responsible for the loss.

Mmm... I'm pretty good with girls; Just never loved a girl, nor a market fo' sure.
If a market gave me loads of money, i would feel responsible, i wouldn't thank that market or be grateful towards it, similarily i'd be responsible for the loss.

Responsible and Grateful!

Now they are positive thinking qualities I like to hear!

Traders need to take responsibility for their losses and appreciate their winners.

But do you deserve to make easy money?

READERS,

If your having trouble with your trading you have to sit down and ask the question?

WHY NOT ME!

What are your excuses? Be honest!

Why not you? Jim Rogers is just an ordinary guy! Read his blog!

So why him and not you?

Thanks for all the comments, views, opinions etc.

SPX Friday was a Inside day ... which is GOOD!

My research mathematical model for the SPX tells me the following ...

BUY above 1107 and SELL below 1084...

SPX Supermodel is a set of eight mathematical equations.

It's last loss was small and it does need watching closely but it gets me in early and out early.

When your up against supercomputers you cannot afford to be faint hearted and delay!

More on my trading journey soon ... I'll give you food for thought!