• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Darwinia contest

I was scrolling down darwinia rankings.
At position 1037 there is the first darwin with a rating of 0 .
No return and no regularity.
This means that every month Darwinia is listing ~3500 inactive darwins , including my KVL that is listed at position 2183
There are only 909 active darwins at January 31th (today), it is 128 darwins less than you saw exactly ONE MONTH AGO.
And, it doesn't mean all these 909 darwins are really participating either. See the picture of my darwin FIU (it is in position 312 as of today), but because (I had no idea about this rule) nowadays you need a minimum equity to qualify for Darwinia (FIU had qualified and got AUM in May 2021 with similar equity). Now it needs a minumum of Euros 615.74
I am attaching screen shots of my Darwin FIU with the Darwinia details, also the cut of darwins with any trading....that is the only rule to be in the list. I don't know how many have que equity to participate (I don't know if there are more rules that I don know about either). So, maybe are really competing 600-700 hundred of them? It should be embarrassing for Darwinex...
Are they using suicidal strategies?

Attachments

• FIU_DARWINIA.PNG
    FIU_DARWINIA.PNG
    47.2 KB · Views: 94
  • DARWINIA_ACTIVE_DARWINS.PNG
    DARWINIA_ACTIVE_DARWINS.PNG
    237.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Active darwins are the same: floating between 3000 and 3050.
These 909 darwins with a positive rating means that this month thare are less darwins with a positive return.
Not exactly, I consider "active" any darwin that has at least ONE trade in the month, but you can see many inactive darwins in the list, like the darwin in position 910 (HTS), it doesn't have traded at all for since May 2019, so as your darwin KVL or mine BIL there are many on the list that are inactive, plus the ones with negative return. And from the 909 still many doesn't quality either because low equity. So there are really competing I don't know maybe 600-700 hundred?

Attachments

• HTS.PNG
    HTS.PNG
    45.7 KB · Views: 82
because (I had no idea about this rule) nowadays you need a minimum equity to qualify for Darwinia (FIU had qualified and got AUM in May 2021 with similar equity). Now it needs a minumum of Euros 615.74
That's not quite true. You need a minimum equity to receive the full prize at any particular level.
You will still qualify to participate in Darwinia with less than the specified equity, it just means you would not get the full allocation at that level.
It may be badly worded (a lot of things on the Darwinex Website are). It's probably that meanings get lost or changed in translation.

That's not quite true. You need a minimum equity to receive the full prize at any particular level.
You will still qualify to participate in Darwinia with less than the specified equity, it just means you would not get the full allocation at that level.
It may be badly worded (a lot of things on the Darwinex Website are). It's probably that meanings get lost or changed in translation.
Have you seen the picture of my darwin FIU in Darwinia? READ it and let me know what you have understood. Here you have it again:

Attachments

• InkedFIU_DARWINIA_LI.jpg
    InkedFIU_DARWINIA_LI.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 150
Have you seen the picture of my darwin FIU in Darwinia? READ it and let me know what you have understood. Here you have it again:
Thanks for your reply and request for clarification:
This is what I understand from your screenshot:
In your screenshot your Darwin is at position 312, which does not qualify for any allocation.
That is why the "minimum required equity" field is blank.
Please reference the next post, which is a screenshot of my Darwin JKL from December 2021, when it was in qualifying position for an allocation.

Last edited:
1643681858572.png

At the time of this screenshot my Darwin was at position 112, which qualifies for a maximum allocation of 35,000 €
The minimum required equity, (a combination of the minimum equity in the trading account adjusted to a VaR of 6.5 added to funds invested by the trader in their own Darwin) to receive the full allocation is 2,333.33 €
As this figure (at the time) was 697.14 € my (potential) allocation would have been 10,457.04 €
Calculated as (697.14 / 2333.33) * 35,000 which gives 10,457 €

View attachment 312621

At the time of this screenshot my Darwin was at position 112, which qualifies for a maximum allocation of 35,000 €
The minimum required equity, (a combination of the minimum equity in the trading account adjusted to a VaR of 6.5 added to funds invested by the trader in their own Darwin) to receive the full allocation is 2,333.33 €
As this figure (at the time) was 697.14 € my (potential) allocation would have been 10,457.04 €
Calculated as (697.14 / 2333.33) * 35,000 which gives 10,457 €
My darwin equity is $372.14...

Always in December you can find PIZ with a small allocation and an equity of 111$.
So there is no min requiremet, only tiny allocation for tiny equities.

If that is true, they sucks with communication.
Anyway, it's being a while than I am not a Darwinex "friendly supporter", since they started showing clearly its greed.
I think it is obvious they have a bad Marketing and a serious problem with their communication policy. But their greed? Darwinex is a private company and as a broker (yes a broker despite their social trading mantra), they owe themselves to their P&L. Commissions and all this stuff is what all the brokers do. It is part of the game otherwise they wouldn't exist. I don't have numbers to compare but when I did it I saw them as one of the cheapest brokers. Also, regulated. That's so important. To me, good place to be.

Sorry for this, I've just realized that maybe this post doesn't fit exactly to the thread 😇

@FXforfun when did you arrive on Darwinex? I think 2019 ...
For recent customers like you this Darwinex is perfectly fine but not for old customers like us that really believed the "traders movement" and "by traders for traders" vision.
We have a good memory and we can compare old Darwinex vs new one.
Probably Darwinex is still better than competitors but it was 10 times better 3 years ago.

@FXforfun when did you arrive on Darwinex? I think 2019 ...
That is correct. I have been in several brokers, still I have an account and actively trading with IC Markets. In my opinion Darwinex and ICM are among the best choices, despite all the things one time or another I have complained about.
You can be successful or fail. Of course can't blame the broker for that but Darwinex offers a good environment.

Regarding the old vision, well can't judge

I think it is obvious they have a bad Marketing and a serious problem with their communication policy. But their greed? Darwinex is a private company and as a broker (yes a broker despite their social trading mantra), they owe themselves to their P&L. Commissions and all this stuff is what all the brokers do. It is part of the game otherwise they wouldn't exist. I don't have numbers to compare but when I did it I saw them as one of the cheapest brokers. Also, regulated. That's so important. To me, good place to be.

Sorry for this, I've just realized that maybe this post doesn't fit exactly to the thread 😇
I am not going back and forth with you, but if you are really interested to find out why I said (and maintain) they became greedy all you have to do is compare what they offered and did the very first years with the last ones.

Why is RHB excluded from DarwinIA while FNB of the same provider, where no trade was made, got a rank instead of ruling it out by missing positive performance (rule 6. above)?
Sorry, I don't find it - is there a bug in the DarwinIA calculations for Darwins on the lower ranks or just an update missing?