Daily Dax

L'Escargot said:
Baruch,
Looks like it's just you and me!
Perhaps Christmas started without us............. :eek:
Steve

Trading usually too slow or too unpredictable for me at this time of year plus there are other distractions, so won't be trading much till Jan. Happy Christmas!

L'Escargot said:
Baruch,
Looks like it's just you and me!
Perhaps Christmas started without us............. :eek:
Steve

Yes, maybe, but good christmas to everyone here - and let us give this thread some new life... :)

FRANKFURT (AFX) - German GDP grew a price-adjusted 0.9 pct in 2005 compared with a rise of 1.6 pct the year earlier, according to preliminary figures from the federal statistics office.

The country's budget deficit was 3.5 pct of GDP, down from a deficit of 3.7 pct in 2004 and lower than the 3.6 pct forecast of economists polled by AFX News.

While this is the lowest value since 2001, deficit still breached the EU's 3.0 pct deficit limit for the fourth year in a row.

Adjusted for calendar effects, German economic growth in 2005 was flat year-on-year at 1.1 pct.

The office said economic growth in 2005 was mainly driven by a dynamic foreign trade performance, with exports increasing 6.2 pct, while imports rose 5.0 pct.

Private consumption stagnated, government consumption fell 0.4 pct, equipment spending rose 4.0 pct, while construction spending dipped 3.6 pct.

Time and Price

Worth Watching.

Edited by rossored: Another chart removed because it contains blatent advertising links - no more of these, please. You're welcome to post and indeed include charts - but not when they've got URLs splashed all over them.

ENS Germany-Data : Dec industrial output -0.5%mm
07-Feb-2006 11:00
German industrial output fell 0.5% on
month in Dec, leaving full-year growth
at just 3.4%, or 3.5% adjusted for
working days.
This is the second consecutive month
of declining output, and the drop is
sharper than November's 0.3% drop.
December's figures defy economists'
forecast in a DJN survey for increases
of 0.9% on month and 5.3% on year.
Manufacturing fell 0.8% on month, led
by sharp 2.4% drop in capital goods
production.
Construction sector was a surprising
outperformer, as production rose 3.4%
on month.
On 2-month comparison, overall output
was flat on Sept-Oct, and up 4.3% on
year-earlier period, adjusted for work
days.

1100 GMT Feb 07 2006

Baruch said:
Anyone here? Dead thread? :eek:

still visit the boards but im currently no longer trading the dax, back to forex...

maybe ill go back to it if i choose to trade index derivatives again.

Despite the Dax's love of diving from 1-3pm
I am going to take a small long at 5770
tight stop

foale said:
Despite the Dax's love of diving from 1-3pm
I am going to take a small long at 5770
tight stop

so much for tight stop added at 5756

stop 5747

still short from average of 5890 I think we could see more downside here if the N225 is anything to go by.

Daily DAX

hornblower said:
trading the dax this morning
long at the moment

Do you trade the SMI, too? Most of my trading is with Bobl, Bunds, and Estoxx50. I've been thinking about adding SMI to the repertoire. SMI seems to follow the DAX more closely than the Estoxx50.

Any thoughts?

Van88Guy

hi van
no I just trade the dax in the morning, and the dow in the afternoon
I like to keep things simple
good luck with your trading
Hornblower

Hello,

I currently trade DAX during first 3 hours. As of June, when it will open1 hour earlier, have potential 4 hours of trading, but it will be opening at 2am my time, so will miss first hour. Very sad for me since I am doing pretty good during it.

Guys and girls, what is your experience with Singapore Nikkei 225. Is it as good to trade intra day as DAX?

Thanks,
redduke

Hi red duke
trading the dax from 2am your time wow

where are you based ?

I never traded the niki, as I am based in the uk

Hi Hornblower,

I live in New York, so right now it opens at 3am my time, so my wake up call is 2:30, but as of June, it will open at 2am, and that is a mojor problem for me. Oh well, I'll figure something out.

Regards,
redduke

redduke
I never trade the first 30/45 minutes !!
its about 7 am in the usa
are you going to work soon?
I am long on the dax
just waiting to see if it gose through the pivot line at 6032

Hi Redduke
closed long for 12 pts
seems not to be the will ,to push higher ar the moment
boll bands pulling in
indecators neutral,
but the price has not dropped through the 50ema yet !!