Daily Dax

rate cuts are what caused this fiasco.....I see them doing sweet FA but indicate they may cut in future....I wouldn't trust any of them to sit on the toilet right way round let alone run an economy :LOL:

Whoah ...Whoah.....who..

rate cuts are what caused this fiasco.....I see them doing sweet FA but indicate they may cut in future....I wouldn't trust any of them to sit on the toilet right way round let alone run an economy :LOL:
Not saying they WILL cut but that possibility might get people juiced up as the time approaches.... providing a trading opp - potentially :cheesy:

Kevin21 get an additional account which is open when you need it - just a thought
I wanted to trade in the middle of the night and my fave sb shut down prices at a key moment... happens alot.. I could see the opp could smell it but couldn't touch it - I learnt my lesson :eek:

Not saying they WILL cut but that possibility might get people juiced up as the time approaches.... providing a trading opp - potentially :cheesy:

Kevin21 get an additional account which is open when you need it - just a thought
I wanted to trade in the middle of the night and my fave sb shut down prices at a key moment... happens alot.. I could see the opp could smell it but couldn't touch it - I learnt my lesson :eek:

I agree m8...they may give the impression of cutting rates ....but have no intention of doing so........

Bernanke gave a speech a couple of weeks back warning that the markets shouldn't rely on Fed to intervene in any turmoil.....of course in Fedspeak this probably means they would....:rolleyes:

I agree m8...they may give the impression of cutting rates ....but have no intention of doing so........

Bernanke gave a speech a couple of weeks back warning that the markets shouldn't rely on Fed to intervene in any turmoil.....of course in Fedspeak this probably means they would....:rolleyes:
One of them speeches you gotta give I s'pose but ... "we won't always be there for you"
as my mum says ... but since BennyB has yet to earn his "crisis credentials" - they'll create something for him so that we can revere him like we did Greenie....

well i have actually got two SB accounts, but both with cmc... My ftse trade has come of tho (touching wood tho as it's early days on it) 50pts up on it at the moment, which has restored a little faith in the 3hr system

well i have actually got two SB accounts, but both with cmc... My ftse trade has come of tho (touching wood tho as it's early days on it) 50pts up on it at the moment, which has restored a little faith in the 3hr system
Kev well done on ftse ... but that unusual strength is getting me thinking is it just front running on the Fed decision or something bigger ???? :rolleyes:

One of them speeches you gotta give I s'pose but ... "we won't always be there for you"
as my mum says ... but since BennyB has yet to earn his "crisis credentials" - they'll create something for him so that we can revere him like we did Greenie....

My thoughts exactly....we're deffo singing from same hymbook....have we met in a previous life...:LOL: :LOL:

thought I'd give this thread another wakeup call

long 7500 (futures) on the pullback after the breakout from "obvious" resistance from last two days...

could've traded the BO itself but it's not my style...

thought I'd give this thread another wakeup call

long 7500 (futures) on the pullback after the breakout from "obvious" resistance from last two days...

could've traded the BO itself but it's not my style...

short @ 89 cash after test of Friday Fed spike high @ 97

flat - feels like mkts need one more push up..dax to test 7580 ish level, Dow to 13200+, FTSE to 6260 ish..longs imho seem risky play after last big move down.. will wait for decisive break one way or t'other...

Attachments

• DAX 500 tick.png
    DAX 500 tick.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 144
  • FTSE weekly.png
    FTSE weekly.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 136
short @ 89 cash after test of Friday Fed spike high @ 97

hmm you've definitely got a good point there
I didn't go back to have a look there perhaps I should have.

the best long however was on CAC40, made a clear break above the resistance of last couple of days (including the FED highs)...

anyway going to stick to my position
have a close stop of around 10 points which will show me wrong
and target of 40-50 points so not bad for a risk:reward (if I can make it :)

hmm you've definitely got a good point there
I didn't go back to have a look there perhaps I should have.

the best long however was on CAC40, made a clear break above the resistance of last couple of days (including the FED highs)...

anyway going to stick to my position
have a close stop of around 10 points which will show me wrong
and target of 40-50 points so not bad for a risk:reward (if I can make it :)

could go either way...if it was gonna reverse lower would normally have started it's move by now....stop above todays high

flat - feels like mkts need one more push up..dax to test 7580 ish level, Dow to 13200+, FTSE to 6260 ish..longs imho seem risky play after last big move down.. will wait for decisive break one way or t'other...

on longer term I'm definitely bearish but so far DAX has been the stronger of all markets (at least those I'm looking at), so I'll just ride it whichever way it wants to go

could go either way...if it was gonna reverse lower would normally have started it's move by now....stop above todays high

yeah looks like we are caught in between :)

I hope to see more upside after lunchtime
no important figures today so let's hope it doesn't move sideways until US open

yeah looks like we are caught in between :)

I hope to see more upside after lunchtime
no important figures today so let's hope it doesn't move sideways until US open

Also completed ABC up

AB = 124points

Projected target from C is 7381 + 124 = 7505

HOD so far 7508

Attachments

• abc.gif
    abc.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 152
Also completed ABC up

AB = 124points

Projected target from C is 7381 + 124 = 7505

HOD so far 7508

well I took half of my position out at 7525 as it does seem to struggle against that high... so +25 and the other half stop moved to breakeven

edit: 7525 futures is about 7508 cash I believe

Last edited:
well I took half of my position out at 7525 as it does seem to struggle against that high... so +25 and the other half stop moved to breakeven

edit: 7525 futures is about 7508 cash I believe

FTSE now followed CAC and broke Fed highs.....Dax waiting for US by look of it...