Daily Dax

Any ideas how the DAX will react to the German and European unemployment numbers this morning? I'm going to try and trade a continuation on the Euro one. If the number is bullish, I may quickly put in a BE stop and covert to a position trade, otherwise a quick scalp. If I happen to be long when 7615 is breached I may hold it until EOD.

Good trading all.

Last edited:
Oh well, that was boring. Okay, the number was near enough consensus, but I had been advised that this market actually moves. Perhaps I should find something else to do before the US open.

Oh well, that was boring. Okay, the number was near enough consensus, but I had been advised that this market actually moves. Perhaps I should find something else to do before the US open.

Oh stick around Lurker - there is usually some fun on the dax. :cheesy:

Of course if you are really bored try the sp/mib :eek:

Ziff

PS Who do you use for your news source ?

And all out for =11. :rolleyes:

Well done. I entered 2 long positions at 08.22 for 7582 and exit one at 7612.5 and the other at 7619. I had initial target at 7635, but had other things to take care of, so came out earlier than planned.

Oh stick around Lurker - there is usually some fun on the dax. :cheesy:

Of course if you are really bored try the sp/mib :eek:

Ziff

PS Who do you use for your news source ?

If you've got any free RT news sources that would be great. I get the final figures quite a bit later than real time from calendar.php here or on ForexFactory. I would love some real time news, and I don't have anything other than the IG and CMC spread betting news, which ain't real time.

I'm not bored enough for the that market - I'll leave it to Kevin21. I have wanted to learn to trade the Dax for some time, for my morning session. I started off last December trading the FTSE, but spreads were wide, it is too heavily weighted towards banks / chemicals, and it didn't suit me. I've had more success on the Dow, but would like to try morning DAX. Any advice on TA of Dax?

Dax Collapse?

I'm considering selling this if support breaks. Any thoughts? Pretty amazing to see that overnight!

Attachments

• dax.png
    dax.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 164
I'm considering selling this if support breaks. Any thoughts? Pretty amazing to see that overnight!

as i said before any breaks of 400 cash should lead to a test of 300 with next strong support at 7000. i think that the only way to trade this one at the moment is short however i would like to have seen a bigger pullback first. im still favouring some sideways action before a bigger move. just my 2 pence....

as i said before any breaks of 400 cash should lead to a test of 300 with next strong support at 7000. i think that the only way to trade this one at the moment is short however i would like to have seen a bigger pullback first. im still favouring some sideways action before a bigger move. just my 2 pence....

Certainly getting your sideways action BD :rolleyes:

Fantastic ! That on your 4 hour strat?

Yup, with the exception, i took the exit from 15 min charts and reversed to long on the DEMA?MA crossover, as a reversal looked imminent, so traded a shorter timeframes to time exit and re-entry, so nicely up at the min, certainly a lot easier.

Yup, with the exception, i took the exit from 15 min charts and reversed to long on the DEMA?MA crossover, as a reversal looked imminent, so traded a shorter timeframes to time exit and re-entry, so nicely up at the min, certainly a lot easier.

Where you now long from ?

Closed my short from 8064 on DEMA8/MA10 crossover, now long :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

nice one Az:cool:

lets see how the longs work out...im in too.:devilish:

Ziff, hope the intraday is working out well still. any trades today m8?

nice one Az:cool:

lets see how the longs work out...im in too.:devilish:

Ziff, hope the intraday is working out well still. any trades today m8?

Its going okay.............bit blooming choppy :rolleyes:

I aint posted the trades as the thread has been really quiet - felt I was talking to myself :cheesy:

Where did you get long from BD ?