Daily Dax

not sure about a long here..we may get a couple of days downward draft...so prefer to wait abit..(altho on very short time frames move looks overdone ..)

not sure about a long here..we may get a couple of days downward draft...so prefer to wait abit..(altho on very short time frames move looks overdone ..)
Seen the dax recover from this kind of situation so often I'll have to take a pop if the dow hangs in there..... be daft not to ... ??? :rolleyes:

Trendline

and we've tested the trendline... hoping to move clear of that now!

not much strength in DOW (yet?)

Attachments

• dax_tl.jpg
    dax_tl.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 136
Is dax an opportunity ?

Dax cash is 7450 almost 100 off it's highs ... the lack of movement after hours indicates it believes Dow will not bounce much.... If Mr Dax is wrong there's a few points on offer into Euro sesh.......:cheesy:

Can't understand why Dax cash won't join the party ! At 7465 (and dow almost at new all time highs) it should be nearer 7500 surely ?? :rolleyes:

Good call Firewalker

Can't understand why Dax cash won't join the party ! At 7465 (and dow almost at new all time highs) it should be nearer 7500 surely ?? :rolleyes:

Good call Firewalker

Thanks, I got in nice and early :cheesy: very happy with the trade!

I'm out of it already because it has retraced 50% of the downmove... might be failing to go higher today.

I've campaigned vigorously for equity and fairness (?) in market pricing ...and finally the market seems to be listening....as Dax cash ratchets up towards 7480 ....

I WANT 7500+ TOMORROW....... nothing else will do (cash is now 7479 to buy) :cheesy:

Having said all that it's not just the Germans who seem out of sync. Ftse is lagging too ... maybe that's another opportunity just maybe ?!

I've campaigned vigorously for equity and fairness (?) in market pricing ...and finally the market seems to be listening....as Dax cash ratchets up towards 7480 ....

I WANT 7500+ TOMORROW....... nothing else will do (cash is now 7479 to buy) :cheesy:

Having said all that it's not just the Germans who seem out of sync. Ftse is lagging too ... maybe that's another opportunity just maybe ?!

Any thoughts on today's action? Buyers seem to have vanished! But it's not exactly selling hard neither...

Still going for the 2-3 day correction scenario..like you said no real selling so we may see prices drift (especially ahead of FOMC decision this evening)..and maybe a sharp move down over next couple of days to finish the correction, before the rally resumes? - Any longer/bigger move south may mean we have a larger correction (ie of the upmove from March lows)

I've got a Long signal from my EOD indicator !!
It may take a day or two to kick in.

Still going for the 2-3 day correction scenario..like you said no real selling so we may see prices drift (especially ahead of FOMC decision this evening)..and maybe a sharp move down over next couple of days to finish the correction, before the rally resumes? - Any longer/bigger move south may mean we have a larger correction (ie of the upmove from March lows)

Have you noticed how the pattern of last 3 days (especially in the AM session) is remarkably similar?

Wise call catracho..
I guess you're lying in wait to pounce on dax for upwave ... ?
Hard to short dx here ... but not so hard for dow if opp arises :cheesy:

agree seems late to short dax...looking for a possible move sub 7300 to go long Also FTSE holding relatively well..seems like it should have support at 6450 ish...

can't quite believe that the rally has finished yet..but can't rule it out..all depends on price action...

my preferred scenario is we are in a wave 4 (acc to a lot of elliott wavers - notorious to trade) with wave 5 to come - to NEW highs - that would also tie in with Bills ideas (rally to mid June then bear move begins) www.mclarenreport.net.au

then we get at minimum a correction of the move up from March 07 lows..or (food for bears) a correction of the whole rally from Oct 02 lows...

that's the longer term picture for me..

Attachments

• DAX close up.png
    DAX close up.png
    23 KB · Views: 152
  • DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL elliott.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL elliott.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 152
It's been 48 hours of trouser trauma! Look at that chart!

Attachments

• Dax 110507.JPG
    Dax 110507.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 149
Very similar pattern...

These are two charts, one of Russell 2000, other is of DAX...

Notice the similarities

1) V-reversal on ER2 (on May 1 and 2)
2) failure to make a new high
3) sliding further away...

Now look at the DAX chart
1) V-reversal (May 11 and 12)
2) it cannot get past 7550 (brick wall?!)
3) ... initiating downmove now? :|

Attachments

• er2_V.jpg
    er2_V.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 149
  • dax_V.jpg
    dax_V.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 145
still no resolution yet...but we must be close !! Either a big push through resistance..or a sharp fall to test 7300 (cash) level?...

Attachments

• DAX close up.png
    DAX close up.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 159
still no resolution yet...but we must be close !! Either a big push through resistance..or a sharp fall to test 7300 (cash) level?...

today was sure a messy day... what a choppy afternoon... luckily we have other markets to trade!