CV's, CV's, CV's

Kingwizz

Hi, was wondering if any of you could give me some help.

Really just some ideas on what trading companies look for,

Also I hear a lot of chat about "Math" type test (Assuming it is more numeric)
Can anyone give me some examples of how they test you?

Thanks

King,

It would be simpler if you tell us your qualifications then we can progress from there.

Grant.

Hi, No Problems. I'm in my summer after A-Levels so have not recieve those results yet. Last year I got 4 A's. That was an A in Maths AS an A in Maths A-Level, an A in Physics & an A in Economics. This year I dropped Economics this year though took the Furthur Maths course so would be expecting an A-Level in Furthur Maths (As well as an AS) & Physics. (Not sure why but we did our Maths AS & Maths A when I was 17 & now As in Furthur Maths & Maths when 18). I'm 19 in September.

Dad was a Japanese Warrants Trader for Soloman Bros & Morgan Stanley. He has a few friends of which I have had work experience in (Execution Traders).

Have a wide understanding of trading to be honest. Trade at the moment, FTSE Cash Spread Betting but mainly horses on betfair.

Think that's most. Hopefully Top 10 Uni's for Maths Degree, LSE Preferance though wouldn't say to Cambridge - lol. Not to sound boastful, though I have been told umpteen times that's what CV's are about.

Also was in 10th position on bullbearings.co.uk trading game for Stocks & 2nd for CFDs, but stopped. I helped a group come second in the Student Investor Stock Contest, though was not officially registered. Those bunch of cretins, wouldn't know a bull if it was charging at them!

King,

Impressive. Take your pick of Uni's, mate, and study maths. If you feel like post-grad, do Financial maths or similar. You'll be teaching your dad what's what.

Japanese warrants. Not heard of those for a few years. Was that in the 80's? Those guys cleaned up trading /selling them to clients.

Good luck.

Grant.

Yeah, he got me into trading. Twas back in the 80's. Equivalent of a Hedge Fund Trader Now a days I suppose. Of-course Goldmann Sachs really saw the end of warrants. Was 25 when he got his first £125k bonus (though of-course has lost it all now through various things). Hasn't traded in 10 years but still religiously watchs the markets. That's my inspiration, I know trading isn't the same. His advise is to get onto the fund-mangament side of things. Though as an IFA you can't trust them. Would prefer to be an aggressive Hedge Fund Trader, living on the edge etc. Seems to suite my style more. I've been spread-betting since I was 16. Betfair since 15 - lol, though didn't make money out of it for a long-time. Took a lot of learning.

Think that's most. Hopefully Top 10 Uni's for Maths Degree, LSE Preferance though wouldn't say to Cambridge - lol. Not to sound boastful, though I have been told umpteen times that's what CV's are about.

As long as you don't put apostrophes after every plural as you have here, then your CV will be fine! ;)

Best of luck in your results/applications :)

Thanks very much. I also apologize in my mistake in the use of ONE apostrophe in the plural of CV which is a mistake. Except from that they have been used rightly in the form of an omission mark. Note; that's = that is. Uni's = Universities.

Thanks very much. I also apologize in my mistake in the use of ONE apostrophe in the plural of CV which is a mistake. Except from that they have been used rightly in the form of an omission mark. Note; that's = that is. Uni's = Universities.

Lol, no problem. Sorry for being pedantic. I can't help it. ;)

I agree with where you have used them correctly. But you have also used them incorrectly in 80's and A's. :smart:

My Sincere Apologese. Even though I believe that this matter could be debated, the use of an apostrophe in the possessive as noted in 80's (as in the Warrant Belonged to the 80's) & A's (As in he 4 as belong to me, which I may have become confused in) where meerly used for effect.

Ah yes, but if you are referring to the 1980s as a decade then it should be 1980s' (1980's would imply something pertaining only to the single year of 1980).

But alas, I am digressing from the otherwise important nature of your thread. I am sorry for hijacking it with my pedantry. It wasn't my intention.

I wish you success in your job hunting! :)

I am sure that when a trader yelling across a room to put an order in makes a gramatical mistake. Your Pedantic nature will come in much use.

"Can I short 1000 lots on cable"

"In-fact sir, I believe what you are trying to say is that you want to short 1000 lots in cable. It is commonly known that you can short the lots. Though a more appropriate way of wording it would be by saying; May I short 1000 lots on cable. Spare your thanks!"

Indeed - not a day goes by without the floor traders thanking me for it :)

Simcom,

What is your contribution to the floor?

Where did you learn English - Classical Persian-English phrasebook?

Grant.

What is your contribution to the floor?
In truth, unfortunately I have no experience in this area to speak of :(

Where did you learn English - Classical Persian-English phrasebook?
Nothing as exotic as that, I'm afraid. Grammar school!

Victor - I like those templates by the way.

In truth, unfortunately I have no experience in this area to speak of :(

Nothing as exotic as that, I'm afraid. Grammar school!

Victor - I like those templates by the way.

Yeah, they are great. And 60% of the students that finish Stockholm School of Economics goes to Investment Banking, so they should be good for that purpose! (y)

Yeah, they are great. And 60% of the students that finish Stockholm School of Economics goes to Investment Banking, so they should be good for that purpose! (y)

Excellent. Having read the guidance on cover letters, there is definitely a lot of useful info in there! Thanks for posting the links.