Currency trading (Oct 23rd > 27th)

Where will cable close Friday? Whats your TF of choice? (split/multi)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Neither of those in my strat trendie, just all the regular indicators for me, KISS approach

not much to report from the 25 cent pnf chart.
The strong resistance at 1.89 hld, price now fallen back into range.
Minor support above 1.8625.
Sell trigger is new low below 1.85, buy trigger above 1.89.
Not much use for the moment I guess - so Ill have to be content to watch and wait

cheers

Took a short @ 705, got bored as it stuttered around 695, closed once I decided it wasn't going down much further. Not convinced we'll take out yesterdays low, limit order in place just in case. If 680 goes then we could see some further movement down otherwise I reckon we're done that side and am looking for a movement up to 760.

My system has triggered a short at 76. My target for USD/CHF upside is now 1.2740 although it is derived from a rising trendline and so is getting higher all the time but I do expect to see it reached today. As long as EUR/GBP holds above the 6680/90 resistance the short cable should be ok. We will see.....

Morning all,

Short too with current stoploss at 706. From the 60min chart at the moment i'm seeing a failed 3rd leg down from yesterday developing (this assumes 8676 is the low for the day) which is a precursor to the only harmonic pattern i know (5-0 harmonic), which, if it pans out suggests an upside zone of 8782-8823 followed by a retracement zone of 8716-8757, from which to buy again.

Lots of 'ifs' and 'buts' with this sort of thing and as i'm short, could really do with it not happening.

ChowClown said:
Morning all,

Short too with current stoploss at 706. From the 60min chart at the moment i'm seeing a failed 3rd leg down from yesterday developing (this assumes 8676 is the low for the day) which is a precursor to the only harmonic pattern i know (5-0 harmonic), which, if it pans out suggests an upside zone of 8782-8823 followed by a retracement zone of 8716-8757, from which to buy again.

Lots of 'ifs' and 'buts' with this sort of thing and as i'm short, could really do with it not happening.
Stopped out at 706. Short re-armed 675. I'll be long 724.

Me too Chow 703 for -25, that was frustrating ! Wait for next signal now with the news...

Ouch. Sorry guys, had a slightly larger stop and managed to get out at break even on that down spike.

Short again..... managed to deal at the bottom of the European range twice and top once, unfortunately on the wrong side. The current short doesn't look great but on the positive side EUR/GBP looks strong and if USD/CHF reaches my target then Cable will bomb.

not falling much. if it carries on going sideways, its going to trigger a trend:up situation.
not complaining, but that would mess with my Delta.

just returned from my walk along the sea front in Bridlington,its a nice warm ,sunny day
half term this week , so there is a few kids and there mums about

I see not a lot has happened while I was away
may stay like this all day !!

hornblower said:
just returned from my walk along the sea front in Bridlington,its a nice warm ,sunny day
half term this week , so there is a few kids and there mums about

I see not a lot has happened while I was away
may stay like this all day !!

surely there will be some volatility and direction when the US wakes up ?

ChowClown said:
Short again 675, EUR/GBP lifting off - let's see if the cable can snap too.

...another loser. 3rd time usually lucky and what with EUR/GBP hammering on the 240min, it looks like a long for this afternoon....who knows.