Currency trading (Aug 7th > 11th)

doji candle formed on last 15min bar. looks like an interesting level here.

bulls needs a close above 8925 on that timeframe.

looking for a test of an important pivot around 18:30pm (BST).

Last edited:
Obviously you guys(on this thread) are doing very well in capturing lots of pips. I am wondering what your averages per week could be.
My average per week is something like 100 pips.
It would be really helpful to the people reading this thread if you could post some screenshots of your charts and trades.

Hi Trader79
not sure what my average would be I only keep note of % of capital gain, I dont think my posting of charts would be of any use as I work off target price levels so would probably just end up with a couple of arrows on a chart, you dont say over how many weeks you have averaged 100 pips but I would say you were doing well at that level

Hi chaps, back from the zoo (saw two tortoises humping! lovely) see i missed a shed load more pips today. Still happy with my lot though.

Trader79, I was just lucky today, if you want to read back I was only saying yesterday that I didn't understand fx at all ! I'd br more than happy with 100pips a week consistently.

My call now is back up to around 8970 area before more falling... anyone with me on that?

I'll go with the up bit not with the falling bit though, for now Im looking for a sideways shuffle we dont want to light all our fireworks at once now do we

Foiled bomb plot won't hit economy

By Matt Falloon

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's trillion-pound economy will feel barely any impact from Thursday's bomb alert at Heathrow airport that stranded thousands at the peak of the summer holiday season, experts predicted.

Police said they foiled an attempt to blow up aircraft in mid-flight between Britain and the United States, causing chaos at airports around the country as flights were cancelled and drastic security measures were brought in.

Share prices of European airlines took a pummelling but an early sell-off in the pound and rally in bond markets proved short-lived as analysts judged there was unlikely to be any lasting impact on economic growth.

"Could the foiled plot to blow up trans-atlantic flights leaving the UK have any discernible economic impact? We believe the short answer is: probably not," said Holger Schmieding, economist at Bank of America.

"Consumers and business people are unlikely to change their travel and spending habits by enough to affect the macro data for long."

That's as long as things quickly get back to normal. Maurice Fitzpatrick, business analyst at Grant Thornton, said that if travel to the UK becomes increasingly difficult, the situation could turn worse.

"It is not impossible to envisage north of 100 million pounds a day lost for the UK economy," he said.

Tourism and retail spending are likely to be the victims of any fallout if security fears keep people from travelling. August is by far the biggest month for visitors to the UK or for Britons travelling abroad.

ok I was going to post targets but given the recent talk on price action I thought I would let y'all do it, looking at todays 5min chart where would be a low risk entry and a reasonable area for profit take

dc2000 said:
ok I was going to post targets but given the recent talk on price action I thought I would let y'all do it looking at todays 5min chart where would be a low risk entry and a reasonable area for profit take

Are you talking about the day just gone or views on tomorow? Either way I'm shattered and I'll hazard a guess in the morning!

up to the 980 region or just above then either stick around there for the day in a 40 -ish point range

Not much news out I don't think and unless we have more airport probems it'll stay rangebound or maybe fade back down later on...

To be honest though, thats a complete wild stab in the dark!

dc2000 said:
looking at the day just gone what would it be for tomorrow

i actually think cable put in a significant low today.

so i'm looking for the 9020 area soonish, with support around 8905

however, if / when today's low does get taken out, i would expect the trend to turn down hard, until then i think the bulls still have some running yet.

having said that i would rather be long the euro.

Last edited:
the 8980 area is right for profit and like all traders we want yesterdays price for entry 8866

wasp said:
up to the 980 region or just above then either stick around there for the day in a 40 -ish point range

Not much news out I don't think and unless we have more airport probems it'll stay rangebound or maybe fade back down later on...

To be honest though, thats a complete wild stab in the dark!

hmm if you don't count us retail sales out tomorrow.. But 976 sounds good...There was not retest of the bottom which I may happen anytime now or not who knows

dc2000 said:
the 8980 area is right for profit and like all traders we want yesterdays price for entry 8866
Strange you should say 8866 I had a limit order there to buy. It did not get triggered as the low as 70 :cheesy:

Morning all, my feel is the bottom is finished for now and a climb again for the UK and EUR sesh, upto 9000ish dunno yet about US sesh

just waitin for the UK boys to wake up wouldnt want them to miss the boat now would we

lets give them 10 mins to wake up

that makes me think of the London boys DC remember them! I missed the drop this morn and now am waiting to get in around 8900 long again if it goes back there!

I dont recall them but then in the 80's I was too busy looking at the ladies to notice what music was playing and unfortunately they were tooo busy listening to the music to notice I was looking :LOL:

market is a bit slow this morning think I will get a brew and come back in an hour

made a few point o the last drop ,
was hoping it would drop tp support

on my 15 min chart , a bit of line drawing , gives me an upper target of around 19188 at around 7 pm tonight , and a low target of 18779 at around 4.30pm
wearing L plates on this
what do you think dc ?