CQG, DTN IQFeed, eSignal, or IB

cleon

Hello,

I was looking at demo'ing Market Delta and was wondering if anyone had experience with more than one of these datafeeds that can give some comparative information. I heard IB only uses internal tick data so it's not as complete as the other providers??

I trade primarily index and currency futures. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Cleon

I run Marketdelta with IQ, not perfect the same as any retail feed but it does the job, only prob I find is if I am loading a chart from the quote window in a fast moving market I will sometimes lose a few ticks and get a gap in the chart.

Prior to the IQ feed I ran MD with E Signal, had lots of problems with the feed, though always early in the European session, delayed by 2-3 secs, freezing etc , by the time the US markets came on board it was usually sorted out so may depend on where you are trading from.

If IQ stars to let me down I guess I will have to put my hand deeper in my pocket for CQG.

P.S. MD is a fantastic piece of kit if it fits your style, only charting platform I use.

Cleon

I run Marketdelta with IQ, not perfect the same as any retail feed but it does the job, only prob I find is if I am loading a chart from the quote window in a fast moving market I will sometimes lose a few ticks and get a gap in the chart.

Prior to the IQ feed I ran MD with E Signal, had lots of problems with the feed, though always early in the European session, delayed by 2-3 secs, freezing etc , by the time the US markets came on board it was usually sorted out so may depend on where you are trading from.

If IQ stars to let me down I guess I will have to put my hand deeper in my pocket for CQG.

P.S. MD is a fantastic piece of kit if it fits your style, only charting platform I use.

Thank you very much for the reply One-Eyed. This is helpful information. I am leaning toward IQ at the moment as it appears to offer a solid value. Do you happen to know how far back you can look at tick data?

Tick data only goes back 8 days, which is a pain, though you can get a few years of minute data.

E signal in theory should have given more tick data, but it seems to depend on which server you get hooked up to, sometimes 5-6 days and other times 30+ days

Thanks One-Eyed. I am used to Tradestation where the tick data seems to go back much further, although I don't know the exact amount offhand, but I think I can't access that datastream for Market Delta :( Alas...there's always a catch...

Thank you for your comments.
I'm currently trial-ing both MarketDelta and IQFeed.
I use IB and QuoteTracker.
The data is "free" as is QT; but I wouldn't be looking if I didn't already see where the difference is costing me money.
One additional (ES) tick each day will more than pay for the upgrade data feed.