CQG butterfiles

Pitscum

before i spend hours failing the task, has anyone managed to plot a futures butterfly on cqg? i know ill have to export data to excel then import it back in but am not sure how possible it is to export 'mid mark' data i.e. between the bid and offer as opposed to last trade. and um, dont all rush at once.....

you using a handheld down in the nymex pit mate?

I'll try and find out from one of the guys with CQG here, dont use it myself. Unless someone who knows beats me to it of course

no have got cqg in one of the booths..wen i spoke to cqg helpdesk they said they were 'working on it'..that means they havent a scooby doo...i printed off the 286 page user guide yesterday but it didnt light my fire so.....thought id see how useful the t2w board could be ......

Depends how granular you need it. If you are getting down to tick level then the chart is a mess as historical is traded px not bid or ask, therefore the price you get does not represent what you can trade. For longer term chart it can be done as formula with no need to export and re-import, just bracket the middle leg.
X - (2*y) + z

twalker..many thks for your help on that one..i assume you're actually doing this? daily charts is fine as with spds i tend to postion myself off the longer terms as a rule. ill have a go..and when i get stuck, ill come back bleating!!!

cheers matey