Could the Weimar Hyperinflation Happen Again in America?

The fact still remains that never before in history has this type of operation worked. Japan tried the same thing in the 90s but the difference there was that they had a high level of savings and the government had large reserves. It took them 15 years to show any growth or stability.

We're doing this with monopoly money. They should just pull Madoff out of his cell to act as an advisor.

:LOL:

I am not able to understand and wish someone explained to me why in Tesco`s 6 tomatos cost 88p and while in the market (just next door) 20 tomatos costs 1£?

We are lucky. Our market is where the nobs go. The penny watchers go to shop on the corner which is owned by a group of South American immigrants, who work around the clock, cut prices to the bone and have a queue out the door.

Our area has seen supermarkets come and go with monotonous regularity. I would have thought that it was one business that would not take off in our neighbourhood. I was wrong. They have a van that has to park on the nearest corner possible, because of parking problems, and there is an endless procession of porters' barrows running, to and fro, between van and shop. It's an amazing success story and comes down to one thing---price.

I am not able to understand and wish someone explained to me why in Tesco`s 6 tomatos cost 88p and while in the market (just next door) 20 tomatos costs 1£?

because tesco's uses a producer that spend millions a year on infusing them with chemicals and hormones and then they have to pay for that packaging.:)

because tesco's uses a producer that spend millions a year on infusing them with chemicals and hormones and then they have to pay for that packaging.:)

And they don't pay the producer for 90 days. If the producer doesn't like it, he can go and sell his tomatoes somewhere else.

That is why, when buying shares, supermarket debt does not mean so much to the shareholder. It's not like other forms of debt, with colateral involved.

So True

Nice find Mike.

This is a wake-up for many who think it cannot happen.

My view is that as soon as they attempt to soak up that almost USD$1trillion, the people will rebel.

It will not be a violent rebellion. It will be an economic rebellion that will first begin in the black market (no pun intended on Zimbabwe) as people defy the gov'ts attempts to control prices. We saw a single hen's egg being sold for Z$15 and a small pumpkin for Z$130.

After the black market gains the upper hand, suppliers will abandon the regular marketplace, opting for the greater profits to be had outside the controlled system.

It is that simple.

And "they" won't see it coming.

Like any train that has gathered momentum, it will not be stopped by a little bald man standing on the tracks holding up his hand as a stop signal!

Good luck with that, Ben!

Attachments

• bernanke-with-hand-raised_large_image.jpg
    bernanke-with-hand-raised_large_image.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 234
YouTube - It's Jobless because it's not a recovery!

"The Labor Department today also published its preliminary estimate for the annual benchmark revisions to payrolls that will be issued in February. They showed the economy may have lost an additional 824,000 jobs in the 12 months ended March 2009. The data currently show a 4.8 million drop in employment during that time."

Bloomberg.

"With that, what are the chances of seeing a double dip recession at some point along the way? Back in 1937 (when the economy was in the process of recovery from the great Depression), Congress and President Roosevelt decided the thing to do was to balance the budget, which had gotten terribly out of whack as the government ran large deficits and pumped money into the system just as it’s doing now. So, they raised taxes and created another recession which basically lasted until war production ramped up in the early 1940’s.

Now, the Obama administration is intent on making the economically suicidal move to raise the top tax rate by 10% as it lets the Bush era tax cuts expire. Popular myth is that those who pay the highest tax rate are Wall Street fat cats but the reality is that 75% of them are the small business owners, the ones who are responsible for the large majority of new jobs that are actually created in the country. Taxing them will lead to fewer jobs being created (as they will have less to invest) and of course, less consumer spending."

Goldman Sachs.

1.7$ mil? i would have been impressed if he said billion...

1.7 million dollars in options isnt exactly a big deal lol

With the state that some of the US financial institutions are in thats all it takes to set things off again.

With the state that some of the US financial institutions are in thats all it takes to set things off again.

I agree 1000%. Most of our financial institutions are paper tigers...

Confidence stands so tall like a glass act and give it a little chip on its shoulder and the whole thing comes crashing down.

Inter-dependancy with institutions and countries are equally fragile.

The markets have been shown to be full of waste many times over.

The 2000 dot com boom when companies with £20m assets were valued in £bns.

Now its the financial institutions. Governments are the same - just look at our politicians.

Tories stating they'll get the unemployed back to work is a ****ing shock to my system in this era of high unemployment. Perhaps the bunch of wanking politicians should get the fat ****ing bankers back to doing real work and we may see some common sense.

Whole lot of them shambles in fake promises and explanation. Bunch of posers... Must keep appearances up... or we'll be discovered for what we are... :cheesy:

When I look at charts of the likes of AIG, FRE, FNM, volume figures go crazy in August. Wonder whats going on?