could RBS be next for suspension?

I agree with you in the sense that you shouldn't fight the current trend and full nationalisation is a real possibility.

I am more of the opinion that RBS current share price reflects an over-reaction by the market in view of the climate of fear which presently exists. Therefore, short of an official announcement, I am 'hoping' that 10p is a support point until faith is restored and price rebounds.

RBS may indeed be taking the majority of investor sentiment flack for being one of the first to publish it's losses, and for being first in the cue for nationalisation...and as i say, it's 10p support point looks tempting at the moment, but having been burned badly already with my own foolish amateurishness i'd find it hard to now accept that 'this must be as low as it can get'.

that 3p DP support cannot be ignored now...take a look at RBS 3Y chart, from march '07 it's almost linear!

I tried to place a buy spread bet at 10 pence and couldn't. I was told they were only accepting sell orders. I kept trying and eventually got in at 19 pence at £32.50 a point. I understand its a gamble but for me the potential gains balance the maximum loss. It is my personal belief that the banking sector will recover and that we as investors have been offered a one time opportunity to make a lot of money from this banking fiasco.

Only time will tell if it was the right decision to make.

Cheers
Lee

I hope you are right, but everything points to bail out 3 and who knows where after that!

I do too.

However Nothing ventured nothing gained.
If anybody else is tempted please only risk what you are willing to loose!

Cheers
Lee

the loss they published is only a ball point figure - their reports come out on the 26th of feb - until then, i agree with you it's a 100% gamble. 70% of the company is owned by HMG as ordinary shares, the last thing they want to do it nationalise. - I got in at 10.6 and have pretty much doubled my investment. Just remember High Risk = High Return.

This is 1 of the big 4 banks, these banks dont just dissapear without a fight.

Sold Out

I sold out late yesterday with a small profit. Don't like the action of the general market and the other banks at the moment. I have a suspicion that this stock is now going to fall down to 15 pence minimum, however I will not be shorting it. If it does fall back to 10 pence I will be going back in again.

Cheers
Lee

This is 1 of the big 4 banks, these banks dont just dissapear without a fight.

Northern Rock, Lehmans...

If you bought at 10p, make sure you at least take some profit if it does start to tank again.

Northern Rock, Lehmans...

If you bought at 10p, make sure you at least take some profit if it does start to tank again.

fair point, but with 70% government owned ordinary shares, and all the issues they had with NR and the poor use of tax payers money - last thing they want is another NR case on their hand.

I'm hopeful, and feel confident in this stock. it's still a good price to buy. 20p or so? bargain.

After feb 26th - thats when we will see more serious movement.:eek:

unfortunately the tidy profit at 11p i have on my portfolio is outweighed by the current loss on the shedload i bougth at 79p :-(

their earnings report showing their exact loss - rather than a estimate figure. if the figure is massive - then we will see another massive plunge. If its better than what the analysts have estimated - then a rise.

i doubt it can rise even if its better then the estimates cause it will be a big loss anyway.

estimate is a £28 billion loss so anything around that number will mean a drop in price, bigger then £30b then a plunge.
if its lower then £20 then maybe it can go up but there is no chance for such a low loss, lets hope its huge as ive shorted it :)

i doubt it can rise even if its better then the estimates cause it will be a big loss anyway.

estimate is a £28 billion loss so anything around that number will mean a drop in price, bigger then £30b then a plunge.
if its lower then £20 then maybe it can go up but there is no chance for such a low loss, lets hope its huge as ive shorted it :)

hmmm..you may be right - which is why RBS has been a gamble since the drop. although I think the only chance of another plunge would be the N word. (natio***isat***) - i can't even spell it from my fear. ::eek:

If the amount loss is £28 - then I don't think it will effect the sp too much - because those who have bought - have bought baring this in mind, and those who think it will go down have sold.

Worst case scenario - N-word
Mid-Case - £28 billion declared loss - slight fluctuation in sp
Best-Case - considerable less than £28 billion loss - gradual increase in sp as they recover.

Obama will also have an effect, as he will effect barc and lloy aswell.

These are all our opinions at the end of the day, opinions which are biased, skewed to what we want to happen..lol

18 days to go. :cry:

hi i am new to trading and have just bought £1000 IN RBS at 20p in 2 days shares rose 10% to show my first trade profit. i have a fair sum with which i am trying to make a fast profit with bank shares looking at lloyds and barclays too.
my question is if rbs is naitionlized what would be the outcome for my money/shares? thanks

hi i am new to trading and have just bought £1000 IN RBS at 20p in 2 days shares rose 10% to show my first trade profit. i have a fair sum with which i am trying to make a fast profit with bank shares looking at lloyds and barclays too.
my question is if rbs is naitionlized what would be the outcome for my money/shares? thanks

Given that you are fully aware of the perilous situation...you could not complain if the lot was lost.

Or put another way...no sympathy round these parts.

So to answer the question...if nationalized...probably nothing...thats how it normally works.