Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Its all good...........

PS - naturally i will ignore any trade calls that are proved incorrect :LOL:

what do you want for free ?

N

sell tag team

and naturally I will post things like this once I know they look good ! ;)

joking aside another currency (hidden) must be flying upwards as the AUD , EUR and GBP are all
hardly moving up at all.......but it doesnt matter as Tag team falling this far still generates
profitable (Scalp) trades even when the other currencies are flat....it still works !

N

Attachments

• corrie training 14.jpg
    corrie training 14.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
less talk more calls..........

:smart:

(actually i might have missed the boat on this but lets see.......)

Attachments

• corrie training  15.jpg
    corrie training 15.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Nice !

:smart:

(actually i might have missed the boat on this but lets see.......)

nope actually its a a nice scalp so far (in the end)....and its also giving a couple of classic correlation lessons as well so i will post when it slows down a little ;)

N

Last edited:
lessons learned

Aside from a luckish 15 pips or so on EURUSD :eek: see the comments to
show how it worked....or was I banking on the support line becoming resistance ?

1 other thing..if you look closely at the middle Chart (1 min) you will see that during the trade the GBP was rising opposite to the Euro direction...and then when the horizontal lines on USD and EURO"bounce" those currencies back in the direction I wanted the GBP starts to fall much faster than the Euro....

this is a correlation volatility play where 2 similarly correlated currencies can be used by trading the more volatile one to always catch up with the slower one...

in fact thats the trade that the correlation code mentions a lot.....so when the Euro started to fall again against its horizontal line a more profitable trade was the sell GBP against the USD as it generated more pips ......

not the best example as higher TF's will look clearer but im teaching on lower TF's and teaching live !

please send your $1997 cheques to my bahamas account :cheesy:

N

Attachments

• corrie training 16.jpg
    corrie training 16.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 218
It was a joke ok ?

ok i'll forget the $1997........

for the guys that got the Indicator any posts / questions ?

hello ......

hello.....

:(
N

hello ......

hello.....

:(
N

Hi NVP,

Where is the indicator? I can't see any downloads in the previous post.
How can I get it?

Where is the indi?

Hi Neil,
Just found the thread a couple of days ago, and so far read until page 20. I couldn´t find the indicator in the attachments list. I´ll be quite thankful if you direct me to it (it´s a little difficult to follow the lead without actually seeing it at work).
I gave correlation some thought in the past, but this Jason mate brought the curiosity back (though wouldn´t pay the $1997).
Anyway, thanks for all the effort you´re investing here. And Ivan´s as well. Keep it up.(y)

Ariel

The correlator

Hi Ariel

Please check out my home page here and follow the insructions

I will release more copies once the current recipients start to post more on this thread and we get more education / training going..........

Thanks !
N

Last edited:
its nice to see a very active correlation thread. i am working on a version of correlation at the moment. it uses negative correlating pairs. i have aquired an idicator that plots two currency pairs on one chart. i just wait for a nice gap around 150 pips. i then place a buy trade on the bottom pair and a sell on the top pair. i use a 30 minute timeframe. so far i have not lost on this. i casually traded it for 2 weeks so its 7 for 7. i would love any imput on this. i am trying to understand the low timeframe scalping strategy that is being discussed primarily on this thread. it looks very interesting but im finding it hard to understand.

mike

thanks mate !

Hi Mike

It will be much more active once we get the guinea pigs posting :p

ive PM's you with more comments

Ivan (Ingot54) talked divergence plays early on in the thread

for me look at these dudes

Swissie vs Euro (see the chart a 30min corrie on a 34/3 setting)

see how the Blue line (Euro) is consistently more volatile than the Grey Line (CHF) even though they are moving generally in the same direction ?

when the divergence is large wait for the tag team (yellow/green) to reverse direction and then trade EuroSwissie the gap to close.......

main problem is not the volatility...its praying that the tag team keep going in new direction to force the convergence play....if they turn or consolidate you will not make the money....

with the right customised indicator setups and signals these can be profitable although as with any play like this the divergence could just keep going !!!! :cry:

(Then of course you say to yourself...why not just trade Euro vs USd and make loads more money if it holds !)

N

Attachments

• corrie Euro CHF divergence.jpg
    corrie Euro CHF divergence.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
the correlation code machine has moved on already

Hi everyone

I got this today from Jason Fielder...........I think they are moving onto the next set of suckers so perhaps correlation professionals everywhere can come out again now ...and perhaps post at this site ?

http://www.foreximpact.com/mit

Challenge

if you last more than 10 mins on this Video I will personally send you a free corrie and teach you myself how to blow these numbers out of the water

jesus.....(sorry I am becoming more and more angry about this garbage being touted around more and more)

message to every marketeer out there........if your products are so Bl**dy good just trade them and leave us alone ! :mad:

jason fielder

man this guy churns out the garbage. i do have to give him a bit of credit he made me start researching correlation strategies. i wasnt about to give him 2k for it but instead i have been researching and testing like a mad man. i do think correlation is a great way to trade and i think what he put out will work. my issue is selling stuff for 2k that is all over the internet. enough said on that.

nvp i am very interested in learning your form of correlation trading. i am new to trade2win you say to go to your page and accept terms where do i find that. your email was not attatched to a domain.

im quite excited to be over here. there is a ton of folks on this forum and alot of knowlege to absorb.

on a side not i messed up when i registered and made my username mikebonid it should be mikebondi does anyone know a way to change that. i like to keep them the same on all forums so i dont get confused. plus it makes it easier to communicate with folks on multiple forums.

thanks guys
mike

Hi Mike

Hi Mike

E-mail the moderators for that admin stuff...no idea !

apologies - I mean click my home page in T2W (we all have one where our personal details are shown if we want )...yuo'll see my visitors comments and also my folder area where the Fxcorrelator Licencing Agreement is kept...i need you to agree to this and e-Mail me at the address shown there.....then we can talk correlation divergence

I am (slowly :rolleyes:) building this thread gradually to post any correlation ideas and discussions........the FXcorrelator is just my own version of the many indicators out there representing graphically the interation between currencies (and other indices sometimes)

some can cost $000's+ and some can cost nothing..........but I will tell you what they all truly cost and thats time.....screen time learning and watching them perform LIVE....then research research research and test them.....oh and keep testing them !

then I will tell you what you will learn......sometimes the magic works and sometimes it dont...same as every damn indicator and system out there in the cosmos :eek:

the key to sucessful trading is to find an edge that suits....then use it ONLY under the specific situation and rules you have set....using good money management, discipline,profit taking, etc etc...................thats it....do that and you will go home most nights with the shirt on your back.....

in honesty I dont trade live at the moment (long story) but I do know whats required to be sucessful and my chosen edge is correlation that I continue to research and study until i'm ready to Trade again.....I am very fortunate to have traders and fellow researchers (thanks guys ! (y)) that are testing our work in more private forums, but all came from conversations on this site as you are doing so contact me !

cheers

N

more links and indicators

heres one that costs a little........similar look to all strength indicators we discuss
(thks Ivan)

They do take a healthy sideswipe at tom yeomans work.......a little unfair guys as
he is a legend and was doing it before you guys were probably out of nappies ;)

http://megatrendfx.com/flowmeter.aspx

from eyeballing the examples it looks a little to slow (lagging) on the movements which is a major
problem with Ma based systems (which these all are including corrie)...looks great in hindsight
and the line go's up and you buy and make muchos dinaros..try doing it live though !

anyway I bring everything to the table I see.......up to you what you do with it !

N

Last edited:
Last week on the corrie

Hey gang !

lets look at what happened last week through the eyes of Corrie.....(all you owners of corrie its a 1h on a 34/3)

See Chart attached below (colours are explained in post 11)

Monday..........winners = european currencies Losers = Tag Team (Standard day)

Tuesday.....mmmm interesting !.....GBP displayed breathtaking volatility for those with guts to follow it.......more interestingly look at the opportunity later in the day
when most currencies were falling but GBP and CAD were rising....thats a brilliant play as only 2 up and 6 down..no brainer on buy GBP sell USD

Wednesday.......playing GPB again in morning....(notice how a lot of currencies turned up with the Tag team giving 7 up 1 down signal !) :p its like a drug the GBP as it can produce loads of pips but usually reverses as you start to trade it !

Thursday ...another classic signal if you learn this stuff......GBP is fighting back but look at the Tag team they are rising as well........switch strategies here and sell euro or AUD against the GBP/Tag team's positive correlation (y) also for corrie conneussiers - look at that Divergence on the tag team...not a common event and a great time to align your chosen currency to the yen and keep trading against the USD...:smart:

Friday.........a little messy....morning saw USD falling so Aud or GBP or EUR were ok plays..although GBP became the buy as the Yen diverged from USD and follwed GBP up.....by the afternoon I liked Euro and AUD..........anyone want to tell me why ?

do you see how hindsight is a wonderful wonderful thing :LOL:!

N

Attachments

• week ended 13th nov 2009.jpg
    week ended 13th nov 2009.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Indices comments We 13th Nov

Hi again

same setting for the indexes correlator 34/3 on 1 hr

Tag team are same colour...red=Ftse, Blue=Dax, grey=S&P, brown=crude, Gold = Gold

now in theory the tag team should be opposing the other index movements at all times.....that means that standard correlation assumptions/theories are operating regarding risk etc etc

sometimes this was happening and other times it was not so clear this week

Monday everyone behaved except the FTSE for some reason !

Then it wasnt really until mid thursday that things started to correlate clearly again as seeing everything above Zero is disconcerting !

this indicator is interesting but a lot more work and perhaps fine tuning and removal of specific lines will be needed......I ask the guys who have this now to give feedback here if possible please :smart:

time for breakfast ! :)

N

Attachments

• indices we 13 Nov 2009.jpg
    indices we 13 Nov 2009.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 193
monday monday...da da - da da da da

sorry - I cant afford music links anymore so thats the mamas and the papas song in a nutshell..... :p

ok corrieteam....for those of you that have loaded it :?: heres today on the 1000/1 setting 5m......

please tell me you made dinaros buying and selling the ole GBP....(vs USD naturallement)

selling from about 8am this morning all thru the morning session (using breakouts and LL's and LH's)

then about 11.15am it breaks back upwards and trade on the breakouts again (HHs and HL's)

even the Dollars wild kickback at around 17.15 today was covered by the GBP moving in positive correlation as well so it was a sweet day (y)

interestingly at around that time on the 1mins a sweet setup on Euro would have been seen as 4 currencies went north and the euro had to go....south ! (see second chart.....I had to set it to 1000/2 as 1000/1 the Euro falls off the chart ! :cheesy:) but you would have had to have been like lightening to have got it ......

so anyone else looking at the corrie today ?

N

Attachments

• corrie 1000_1 on 16th November.jpg
    corrie 1000_1 on 16th November.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 1min corrie on 1000_2 bye bye euro.jpg
    1min corrie on 1000_2 bye bye euro.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
i pulled 50 pips on a corrie divergence trade should have been 100 but i missed by a single pip on the second side lol. you win some you loose some. i am trying to decide i think i may just let it run and see if it swings back up to pick up those 50 pips as well normally it does do that. but then again i may just take the breakeven if i get there and bank my 50 and look for another setup.

mike