Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Gbp/jpy

Hi Neil,

Good calls. However, you would not have wanted to trade GBP/YEN, this morning. It was so choppy. I tried to get a read on what pattern Corrie was trying to structure but, couldn't work it out at all.

It's a fine balance when currencies draw near to the 0 line. That's when you have to be patient and not jump the gun. However, the hardest part for me is missing good trades, based on my system and set up, because two currencies are above/below the 0 line together. Insofar as Corrie is concerned, these are "no trades".

The basic foundation of Corrie is solid, i.e. go with or against the strongest/weakest currency. In all fairness, the minor issue I have with Corrie is, probably, due to my preference of trading the 5 min tf. Those trading on a longer tf may not experience the same difficulty.

16.40pm...seems to be flattening........

any wind in sails left ?

tighten up on the stops - could be the end of the line
today (or is it just drawing breath?)

Nice though and euro Yen would have been a sweet ride !
(not shown on the picture)

more left if the yen and USD brake those resistance points down....also GPB hates sitting in the Zero area...its much to hot headed to normally waste time there so its not finished yet !:mad:

N

Attachments

• FXC14sepchart7.jpg
    FXC14sepchart7.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 180
dont let the truth cloud the marketing !

Hi Neil,

Good calls. However, you would not have wanted to trade GBP/YEN, this morning. It was so choppy. I tried to get a read on what pattern Corrie was trying to structure but, couldn't work it out at all.

It's a fine balance when currencies draw near to the 0 line. That's when you have to be patient and not jump the gun. However, the hardest part for me is missing good trades, based on my system and set up, because two currencies are above/below the 0 line together. Insofar as Corrie is concerned, these are "no trades".

The basic foundation of Corrie is solid, i.e. go with or against the strongest/weakest currency. In all fairness, the minor issue I have with Corrie is, probably, due to my preference of trading the 5 min tf. Those trading on a longer tf may not experience the same difficulty.

Hey Alan....youre right !.......I do sell this pair as the "dream ticket" on this thread as it will normally deliver the biggest bang for the buck......I mention smoothly to keep stops wide but that does not address the killer whipsaws that will hurt and take you out before the sweet returns I show for this combo.....(Marketeering talk perhaps and not traderwise ?).....

Perhaps soften the Yen on the Euro instead ?....

totally agree re the zero line comments - ideally the best trades occur as currencies are accelerating away (upwards and downwards) from the Zero lines as in effect this equates to standard trending where one currency moves away from the Ma's set on a Pairs chart.

i'm still a trading God though today :LOL:

N

Last edited:
Calling it a day...........

all on the chart picture below.........a good day for the Corrie ! (y)

See my Home page fopr details of how to get the corrie
N

Attachments

• FXC14sepclose.jpg
    FXC14sepclose.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 198
On Vacation........

Hey all,

Alan and Ivan may pop in from time to time but this is going to go real quiet as I am under threat of death not to play with the corrie or my other toys.....

apologies also to the people I promised to get copies to...I will get around to everything but other things are priorty at present...

Cheers
Neil (y)

Hey all,

Alan and Ivan may pop in from time to time but this is going to go real quiet as I am under threat of death not to play with the corrie or my other toys.....

apologies also to the people I promised to get copies to...I will get around to everything but other things are priorty at present...

Cheers
Neil (y)

Don't keep the air crew waiting. They're on a £100 per hour:)

The Sunny Canaries ?

hmmm very average weather here

third day in 7 that it has rained..........as in trading nothing is a sure thing !!

apologies to those waiting for access to the corrie..........I will contact everyone on return with what we are doing with it ..thanks for your interest

wait a minute, its stop raining, guys are swimming, guys are sailing ..........:cool:

N

The Journey continues

Hi all,

the journey has continued but in a very small private group - check out my home page for more info.......

N

Jason Fielder - Correlation Code

Hi all..hope you're all doing well !

As our small team expands its Corrie knowledge (See home page) we are ever keen to checkout Correlation strategies and spotted this on the radar recently.....Ive registered for the Webinar on 28th so lets see whats on offer

so far nothing really new learned (just read my stuff on #11 here) on the titbits issued to date but looks promising.....just hope its not $5m per copy !:cry:

N

Last edited:
I am not Jason Fielder !

Hi everybody....hope you are all well and profitable !

Can I state 100% categorically that I am not the person marketing "The correlation Code" ....neither am I part of that organisation or associated with any profits/commissions that will accrue from selling copies

as an correlation afficionado (good word NVP :smart:), i'm interested to see whats on offer but thats it really....

Thanks for all the comments and support e-mails i'm getting at my home page address....and yes, yes, yes, if we do ever formalise/develop our own correlation systems I will become a vendor and offer them to you all at "reasonable" prices :LOL:

meanwhile can I take this opportunity to thank my musketeers who continue to surprise me with new and innovative ideas in this area...(y) ................. now get on with your work !!! :mad:

NVP

Last edited:
I took a look at the promotional material, and will also tune in to the webinar. It looks very poor - badly explained and very simplistic (forex correlations are not set in stone, as anyone who has more than the most basic knowledge can tell you).

Maybe he is holding back something, and all will be revealed in due course. Somehow
I doubt it......

Can I state 100% categorically that I am not the person marketing "The correlation Code" ....neither am I part of that organisation or associated with any profits/commissions that will accrue from selling copies

as an correlation afficionado (good word NVP :smart:), i'm interested to see whats on offer but thats it really....

Thanks for all the comments and support e-mails i'm getting at my home page address....and yes, yes, yes, if we do ever formalise/develop our own correlation systems I will become a vendor and offer them to you all at "reasonable" prices :LOL:

meanwhile can I take this opportunity to thank my musketeers who continue to surprise me with new and innovative ideas in this area...(y) ................. now get on with your work !!! :mad:

NVP[/QUOTE]

J Fielder - Seminar and other material

Hi TME

I am naturally aware of the Irony here and how my comments are actually generating interest re the Correlation code :eek:

however lets see what today brings........my bet is around a minimum of $6-700 dependent on how many other correlation plays are sold in kit......actually 8 are promised so i'd say you will probably not see any change from $1500-$2000

looking at material so far the GBP "stalling" a little and then recontinuing in its predictable way accelerating past the slower EUR off of mutual neg correlation to the USD is correlation 101 really if you've spent researching this stuff (I have but have only humbly skimmed the surface and will never call myself an expert on it) .....although its how you sell it I suppose

dont get me wrong - this is a nice example of correlation utilisation (see my post 11 on this Thread) but for me personally I would need to see the Yen tracking tight with USD to contemplate this trade....In fact something I like is buying EUR when GBP, YEN and USD are going in opposite direction (part of my ongoing research with Corrie) :smart:

If I dont get on the Webinar tonight as actually I've realised its 5pm UK time (4 hour difference this week only) can someone let me know if it was useful ?

anyway perhaps this is all sour grapes from me as we see the Correlation Code make us all a fortune........:clap:

NVP

ha ha I missed it !!!

Doh !.....the damn remote didnt work and my access from work was firewalled :mad:

drove home and caught last 2 minutes but missed it all and i'm not staying up till 1 am tonight !

never mind let me know either privately or here any thoughts .....sounds like he had thousands queuing up and over 4,000 when i tried to log in ....:eek:

also I'm happy to take any questions here regarding what its promising and if there are other ways to reproduce that information (well i'll try to !) :smart:

there are thousands of pages of brilliant stuff re Forex correlation out in the forex forum cosmos and if you put the time and research in it is worth it believe me......just google "forex correlation" or whatever and start researching......and then of course theres forex vs other market correlations....(but 1 step at a time !)

N

Last edited:
Thanks and good luck !

Guys (you know who you are !)

many thanks again for your public and private contributions over the last few months to testing every damn corrie combination and strategy we could think of....apologies my input has been restricted but work and other things does limit my time.

I wish you all the success in the world and hope that the Trading paths you walk are
as sucessful as I want mine to be one day

Adious Amigos and good trading !
Neil

Attachments

• sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 224
Not the end

Guys (you know who you are !)

many thanks again for your public and private contributions over the last few months to testing every damn corrie combination and strategy we could think of....apologies my input has been restricted but work and other things does limit my time.

I wish you all the success in the world and hope that the Trading paths you walk are
as sucessful as I want mine to be one day

Adious Amigos and good trading !
Neil

Hi Neil

I want to thank you for helping broaden the way I am able to see the markets. The Correlator we were working on together does have useful applications in "stable markets" and in the higher TF. Unfortunately in the scalping arena the permutaions and combinations seem to have beaten us.

What we found in volatile conditions blew my hat off!

This has been an excellent project off-line, and I doubt the readers know or could understand how much you have put into helping this software get its legs. To this point, the correlator wants to hide its secrets from us, but I am still wondering whether we have overlooked the easy way to get the best from it.

I think the early success we found in the first few pages of this thread may be all there is to this, and we have been trying against possibility, to extract more.

Is there more?

I don't know. I will continue using it as a filter and let you know what I find out over a lengthy period of time.

It has been a pleasure to work with someone who is as committed and as enthusiastic as you have been on this project, and I look forward to working with you any time there is a challenge.

Thank you for your well-wishes - much appreciated. I hope that you too are able to find a method that clicks with your trading profile, and can indeed bring in the dollars you were trying so generously to help others to find.

Kind regards

Ivan

no problemo.....!

Hi mate !

before this all decends into sacharrine fuelled tears :cry: .......

You are 100% correct - the current issue for me is corries complexity - in its G8 status (as shown in most of the Thread posts so far) its like my Avatar - theres to much damn information to absorb to make any decisions (especially on the low TF's when things are moving real fast !!).........hindsight always shows what we missed but its like trying to trade 10 systems at once which is impossible :eek:

funnily enough the recent marketing I have seen on Jason Fielders correlation systems re-enforced best approach for me.....keep it simple and concentrate on small segments of the Puzzle and trade them instead of trying to eat the damn whole elephant each time you trade....:sneaky:

NOTE - I am not supporting his work as I havnt seen or tested it yet, just the keep it simple approach used in marketing it)

Next Steps

I have already broken the Corrie into smaller pieces and saw some promising results yesterday on my first area trading just 4 currencies.....I will persue this and feedback on this site..I may need some Guinea pigs so watch this space (Free corrie could be back in the frame for participants)

I will give first dibs to the guys who didnt get a copy first time around and are still waiting for more information....so let me know if still interested

Then we will Weak our Wevengee on the Markets.......mmmmmhahahahahaha

N

Attachments

• doctor evil.jpg
    doctor evil.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 795
Last edited:
Correlation Code feedback please !

Hi guys - as mentioned I missed the webinar presentation :eek:

can someone please give some feedback here + what the hell is the price ?

I googled it to see what is was selling for and got hundreds of different (but related) sites telling me what the bonuses were but no firm price............jesus and I thought my corrie was complex !!:eek:

N

Hi guys - as mentioned I missed the webinar presentation :eek:

can someone please give some feedback here + what the hell is the price ?

I googled it to see what is was selling for and got hundreds of different (but related) sites telling me what the bonuses were but no firm price............jesus and I thought my corrie was complex !!:eek:

N

And just for old time's sake ... something to smile about ...

eh ?

Hey Ivan.......you still here ?

(sorry my friend.......could not resist !) :devilish:

N