Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

today has been pretty light on any decent currencies to sell ....even when usd finally got bulllish i have been struggling to find my GBP or Euro to sell .....im not to fussed about the other currencies especially london mornings ....i like playing gbp or euro in pairs

ej was finally borderline around the 126 level for selling today .......125.68 now and perhaps 2-3 decent scalps were possible from 11.30 bst ...but i was tied up elsewhere

cad is the thumping sell more recently so UCAD buys would have been ok ...i can see decent opportunities up from the 3090 to now 3109 levels from around 10.50 BST

N

well was a good trade at the USA session but I sleep grrrrrr to late for me take care

hey banawa

timezones are a problem for many people ........one of my trading friends Lance Beggs in Northern australia has even adopted a different sleep pattern to trade the markets he needs

N

hey gang

asian session saw weak USD and Yen action ......with mainly a strong Euro

so far since 6am BST I have been trading that bias....but not much on table so far

a lot of flux so sitting back at moment

N

hey banawa

timezones are a problem for many people ........one of my trading friends Lance Beggs in Northern australia has even adopted a different sleep pattern to trade the markets he needs

N

hehe thanks my friend

well its one hell of a swingy morning so far ......currrencies are certainly moving

euro has actually been bear for most of london morning so far ...my efforts have focused on selling it against USD and Yen .....i have also sold cable at times so far later part of morning

I talk about DIRECTIONAL BIAS a lot to traders learning the ropes ...it is very very important and key to your trading success...no hesitation or doubt.......

even if you are wrong ...it doesnt matter .....with practice and a robust method you will eventually be right enough most of the time to make consistent money in the markets

N

recap ...

i have been recently selling EU below the 1380 levels ...its been down to 1364
i have been recently selling EJ below the 126.10 levels ...its been down to 125.93
i have been recently selling GU below the 2716 levels ...its been down to 2698

mixed bag and a lot of tricks during this phase...messy and an inexperienced trader could be losing money ......nothing clean really or easy to spot ...obvious levels of support now on these pairs so expect some chop

N

hey all

bloody hard work since last post ...jees !!

ok ive been trying to work the bias / positions in last post

heres the GU and EU and where i have been active

been ok but bloody hard work ...hoping the NY opens will be better

N

Attachments

• sell cable.JPG
    sell cable.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 89
  • sell eu.JPG
    sell eu.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 84
hey all

bloody hard work since last post ...jees !!

ok ive been trying to work the bias / positions in last post

heres the GU and EU and where i have been active

been ok but bloody hard work ...hoping the NY opens will be better

N

huhu the market won't let us take pips so I give the miss maybe next day better

morning all

im working usd sells .....not perfect this morning but i go with what i see

EU buying up from 1380 level so far ...

Gbp is now selling hard .....but i'll wait for confirmation and the hold of 2720 level on cable

yen is a bull play so i will consider buying EJ if current changes in dynamics holds

ive missed a lot of the GU selloff....some 40 pips .....frustrating .....i should have attacked it earlier

such is life

ok ive now rebought EU twice for fast scalps .....but not sure if breaching the 1387 will happen

ok we have EU back at 1390's from 1380 lows and i got 2 decent fast scalps on it ....

a little jumbled this morning re the G8 correlations for me

i may sell a little GJ if offered soon

back later