Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey gang ....today is Sweeet !

usd has been a solid bull play from 6am.....just attack best selling currencies

GBP,AUD and now more recently the euro

wish it was always this easy
N

your a bit late neil did the wife keep you in bed today

hahahaha..............work buddy .....winding up a consultancy job and busy ...................last day today then im taking a holday break before switching back to F/T trading in 2018 (y)

N

tricky morning so far

usd generally a little flat ......GBP been the main seller but boyoboy its been tricky

long day at work today winding up things .........then its back to FT trading in 2018

N

HEY Gang

In sunnier climes at the moment taking a break ....will be back in 2018

Enjoy the cold

N

cant get too worried about next 2 weeks - its silly season in the markets

today the Euro has been a nice Bull .........usd has come bull as well us session

best plays today were EU / EJ buys london morning session then us session brought some cracking sell on GU and buys on UJ and UCAD ....that usd bull move made most pairs attractive where second currency was bear

N

hey all

I was asked an interesting (and common) question from a Linked in friend this week

"when will GBP get Stronger ?"

heres a Fixed Strengthmeter from jan 2016 to date ....the Red line is of course GBP

The good news is that GBP (the red line) has certainly clawed back against most currencies in the last 12 months .....but the problem is the intial drop was over 20% on currencies from highs of 2016 on the fateful 24th June decision....that takes years to recover from unless we had some huge news event - (like deciding to stay in the eurozone)...if the Negociation process remains positive and on track i can see some increase in GBP value over next 12 months ......we are seeing a major Resistance (Ceiling) level at the moment on the red line shown ......if it can stay above the line and keep growing it will be a stronger GBP in 2018..fingers crossed !!

just my view and dont quote me ......as for trading - i will as usual trade what i see and not what i want to see !

N

Attachments

• GBP analysis 2017.JPG
    GBP analysis 2017.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
HEY gang

Wishing everyone a happy and profitable new year in 2018

Coming back to FT trading will sure make it interesting for me

N

hey all

new year starting slowly as just come back today from treating a few relatives to a new year away at a hotel .............

will fire up the boilers tomorrow

N

2018 - new year , new opportunities to learn

sadly however it will be a blue pill again for 95% of all traders....

shame - because the red pill (the painful truth) is not easy .....but the only route to long term trading profitability

enjoy the year ....

N

hey all

slooooow start for me .............a little rusty

usd has been bull from 6am so far ......eased off and coming back bull again now from 9am

europeans are the sells .....so im working GU EU and UCHF mainly

I could have chased the NU and AU off the recent fade of the usd but i'll stick to Bull usd plays at moment

nothing to strenuous or risky so far

N