Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Thanks Neil for your superb job and community contributions.
I watched some of your videos on you tube and read a bit through your threads but I have a lot of questions to ask.

1) Is there any video to show how to install and configure your indicators?
I think its on early Vids - otherwise look at my word doc in signature links area

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1591.html#post2443624

2) Did you write any tutorial ebook or just videos that are more powerful indeed?
not published as yet ..........my advanced scalping now is work in progress and I may release them once I get more time to finish

3) Scalpers uses lower time frames. Which time frame best suit this scalping trading method? Are they comfortable with 5 minute or less time frame?
I use 1 minute max ......would go to Tic if I had the platform

4) Is it really so simple? .....no.........no matter how good the core system is you cannot become a good scalper overnight......... Scalping requires much much more professional execution than other styles due to the ultra short time periods for trading ..........entries / exits are being performed in seconds sometimes ...........does require years of practice to be that fast .........but you get better from Day 1 of course .....you have to start somewhere :smart:

Thanks in advance.
Merka

hey there - see above :smart:

morning all

nice session today ...........steady eddy

SELLS - gbp all the way - easy
BUYS - mainly Yen ....Euro .....usd early

so scalp wise ive been hammering GU sells , UJ sells , and EA buys up to 7.30 ish ..a little EJ selling as well as Euro came off the gas :smart:
finished now
N

just came back for a look ...from 9am bar I would be

Selling EA
Selling EU

and I would have been buying GU until a few mins back !!!

N

what a beast !!! (y)

N

Attachments

• ea selloffs.JPG
    ea selloffs.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 102
morning all .........

easy morning so far ........

BULL - Yen , Swissie , Euro , USD coming fast
BEAR - GBP , CAD

I am currently scalping

EA BUYs
GU SELLS
UCAD buys

N

heres why I am not on EJ...............always find the top 2-3 pairs moving fastest

Good morning,
EJ below 126.79 bearish, 126.53 more bearish.
Above 127.01-127.16 bullish. it broke a TD already.
Am I right?

morning Sun ............as F implies I think the main challenge for you is finding he Alpha Pair selections and prioritisations

in my opinion - you have to be on the top 2 - 3 pairs that are really trending or moving the fastest ...........then jump in on the retraces

this morning the EA and GU are the leading pairs ..........they are roaring up and down .............EJ is a tourist as yet ......

why ?

because the Euror and the Yen are moving similarly so far so no significant differentiation can occur

look at chart ......sure there is some life ................but I wouldn't trust it as they are still moving in similar directions ..........early London the Yen and euro were both bull .....and now selling off

:smart:

N

Attachments

• ej tight.JPG
    ej tight.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 114
more calls ............i'm over on F's thread as usual calling

fpr me as I now ease off and prepare to stop scalping

EA .....selliing ....sell on the retraces ......

Rebuying GU
UJ buys

UCAD buys looking interesting

see .........I wasn't 100% sure of scaps but the Ucad was knocking on my top 3 scalp watches ............I was especially interested if it got cheaper to buy

which it did :smart:(y)

N

Attachments

• ucad buys.JPG
    ucad buys.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 149
ok gotta scott ...........as I leave

Buy UCAD , BUY EA
SELL EU SELL EJ SELL GU

this is always changing but theres my focus

later
N

What's your take on gold? I was expecting it at least to test the key 1,000 level on a monthly chart but there seems to be something else in the play right now.

hey all

been going since 6am ............

easy steady sells on EA and Euro related pairs .........sells on yen as well (UJ , EJ)

others interesting but these guys have rocked

N

superb session .....see it all live in last 90 mins at F's thread.......(y)

have a good day ........I did already

there is nothing like Scalping .........it provides the fastest and most lucrative rewards in trading methods and techniques .............

get it right and you will make a very very good living indeed ..........:smart:

get it wrong and you will crash and burn......badly ....:eek:..so always always take it slow in your learning path....please ? !! :smart:

N

Attachments

• 2 pairs easy action.JPG
    2 pairs easy action.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 129
  • kill zone reersral.JPG
    kill zone reersral.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 138
2 live calls :)

ok gotta scoot

see how I try to get in the zone in seconds on 2 scalps ?............one doing ok the other still teasing

later
N

BOOOOOM (y)(y) ...2 from 2 :smart::smart:

live and loud on this thread :p

back later ....

N

Attachments

• boom.JPG
    boom.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 1 out of 2 so far.JPG
    1 out of 2 so far.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 112
  • my arse.JPG
    my arse.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 2 scalps.JPG
    2 scalps.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 100
hey all

never got back to charts .....grrrrrrrr

looking back I saw that

UCAD buys from 13.30
Plenty of EA buying as well
big GU buys from around 4pm

anyway not bothering now ......time for a beer

have good weekends .....
N

thanks again to everyone who contacts me ...........

via my youtube channel , or Pm's here or [email protected]

I will run some online courses when time allows..........I have just signed an extended contract until end December 2016 re my consultancy work .......so sorry it wont be this year now - sorry :(

I promise to email out some thoughts on the training nearer the time of launch ...2017 now

until then you are stuck with 90 mins of me most mornings calling live here and F's excellent thread (some cracking traders there dudes (y))

always happy to answer stuff here though on thread ..........so don't be afraid to post ...I wont bite !! :cheesy:

N

superb session .....see it all live in last 90 mins at F's thread.......

Hello NVP
The thread are you speaking about is this one where I see many of your post?
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...aster-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-846.html
In that post you mentioned several time "EA buy pattern forming...kill zone".
That EA is your FXcorrelator?
Where is your Forexperians thread?
Are you still using the UHighlow.mq4 indicator? I didn't see it on your videos

Thanks
Merka

Attachments

• Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 175
  • kill zone reersral.JPG
    kill zone reersral.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Hi NVP
I'm straggling to interprete properly the signals given by the FXcorreletor.
Lets analyze the following chart took from your post.
The FXcorreletor is telling me the USD is weak and the CAD is strong.
This mean sell USD and buy CAD that mean the price will fall down.
On the USD/CAD chart, in the same region, we have an uptrend where the price is rising.
I'm missing for sure some thing to correlate properly the indicator with the chart.
Could you please tell me where I'm wrong?

Thanks
Merka

Attachments

• ucad buys.JPG
    ucad buys.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 109
Hi NVP
I'm straggling to interprete properly the signals given by the FXcorreletor.
Lets analyze the following chart took from your post.
The FXcorreletor is telling me the USD is weak and the CAD is strong.
This mean sell USD and buy CAD that mean the price will fall down.
On the USD/CAD chart, in the same region, we have an uptrend where the price is rising.
I'm missing for sure some thing to correlate properly the indicator with the chart.
Could you please tell me where I'm wrong?

Thanks
Merka

Hi merka

Firstly you are not looking at the basic fxcorrelator in this picture.....you are looking at 2 independent indicators loaded on top of one another

the usd index and the cad index .......both are downloadable from my links below in signature area :smart:

I don't spend much time theses days explaining these .....I did a long time back so perhaps search for,index in the posts search and see what's here on the thread

That are not scaled together so that can be misleading to inexperienced eyes ....basically you just need to trade when they are going in opposite direction

In this example,I was heavily watching ucad buys......if you notice the brown cad it is drifting up with the green usd........but I went each time the cad fell.....not perfect by the look of it but I had other very important clues to be attacking this pair

It was a top 3 trending pair signal hence my focus

N

Last edited:
What's your take on gold? I was expecting it at least to test the key 1,000 level on a monthly chart but there seems to be something else in the play right now.

Sorry I missed this post :eek:

Let me load up my gold meter tomorrow and take a look. It's available free in the links below or see my gold meter thread here at t2win:smart:

N

Hello NVP
The thread are you speaking about is this one where I see many of your post?
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...aster-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-846.html
In that post you mentioned several time "EA buy pattern forming...kill zone".
That EA is your FXcorrelator?
Where is your Forexperians thread?
Are you still using the UHighlow.mq4 indicator? I didn't see it on your videos

Thanks
Merka

Hey merka

I support and follow Forexmospherian on his excellent live call thread .......F joined t2win about 2 years back I think and I immediately recognised a very very experienced trader ....someone I could learn a lot from as I transitioned to more serious scalping (y)

The forex correlation is my basic indicator available,in the link area below ....also covered in my youtube videos

I do,use it in some of my trading but also use other more customised indicators as well ....still based on relative strength though (y)

If someone is getting into Relative currency strengths I would recommend playing with the indicator to get a feel for how currencies really work .....early steps before perhaps getting more serious

I think the u high low is the usd index with the hi and lo bar shown as well.......it's useful ......and one of hundred of variations I have in my correlation stable

Zillions of options in the strengthmeter indicator world......:cool:

At the end of the day the rule is simple ........trade pairs where one currency is getting stronger / rising. And the other currency is getting weaker / falling

That's it !! :cheesy:

N

morning all ........

about 70 mins into my scalping day

SELLS - GBP ........the Brexit will dominate this week now ....market no like GBP today so far

also some yen buys .......som AUD Selling

so GU Sells , UJ buys my main interest so far....plus a little EA buying

Last edited:
pleanty of pips today - see Fs thread

Brexit looms the news for selling GU but other currencies moving as well nicely

ok back later .....other duties call