Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

how far the bounce ???

Attachments

• usd bounce.JPG
    usd bounce.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 117
ok - a little off the subject of trading......... .or is it ?

endless repetition and practice = execution excellence ............all elite forces practice to exhaustion .....and then some more so they are 100.000% perfect..........because sh*t happens in the field and you need to be 100% perfect to overcome anything that goes wrong

how many times are you going to practice your scalping systems until you can do it in your sleep ?

N

how far the bounce ???

usd still swinging north from earlier lows (gmt on chart)...inevitable retrace but the train still coming north again (y)

Attachments

• usd swings.JPG
    usd swings.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 114
if only it was this simple every day

1) sell usd in pairs
2) buy usd in pairs

ending day early today .....tooo easy

N

Attachments

• 100 percent bounce.JPG
    100 percent bounce.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 133
the Europeans took most of the prizes for the moves ...........heres 2

Attachments

• european plays.JPG
    european plays.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 144
Correlations are great... until they break down! With respect to the guys here who are making money with it - thats what its all about. I have had to learn the hard way unfortunately

Correlations are great... until they break down! With respect to the guys here who are making money with it - thats what its all about. I have had to learn the hard way unfortunately

everything is great until it breaks down friend ........that's trading ;)

the eu has been tough today ...........for various reasons...... here was where I was attacking those currencies for best signals ..........technically if both currencies give signals at similar times then clearly it should generate a damn good trade ...........if not then again technically I should be seeking alternative pairs that both have good buy / sell signals..but in truth I will usually go with the trade anyway

the eu then only had 1 top signal today for me ..........right into a decent time window and I was hunting a major bounce for a run up .......so it did alright ...........

this afternoon I got various signals to sell usd but as you can see the euro was not the buy as the damn thing fell as well in relative terms ...........do not pass go and do not collect £200

GU was the much better buy trade as i'm sure you know this afternoon

I have published my results in earlier weeks and whilst pretty good averaging hundreds of pips a day ...... it was apparent I was/am over trading ..........I scalp like a tommy gun and 200+ scalps a day was common to me ...........you cant keep that intensity up for long....you will burn out !

F has been naturally persuading me to slow down the ole machine and take less trades .......which I have been working hard on ............based on a lot of reworking of my style I can now scale up or down the number of trades and pairs as needed............however to only take 1 trade a day on EU would be a little boring ............

having tuned my strengthmeter systems over last 15 years I cannot claim to say I trade F's LR systems...we all have our paths to walk........but my main takeaway (amongst many others) from F's approach is the time windows strategy..I recommend it for scalpers as it can really make the difference

N

Attachments

• eu longest day.JPG
    eu longest day.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 127
here we are ......again the usd is indeed now climbing quite regularly since early afternoon

but the euro is not the main seller all the time ......but still not bad ........especially the last few mins z!!!!

N

Attachments

• buy usd.JPG
    buy usd.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 130
hard to ignore that usd bear bias eh last few days?....that's why the 8am selloff earlier today was a peach signal and could see us for the whole day perhaps now

N

Attachments

• sell usd.JPG
    sell usd.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 156
hi all.......

the week in a picture below .........

left chart = all 8 currencies
middle xmen = the weeks winners losers
right chart = the big move of the week the EU sells

the top performing currency green (usd) hammered the loser Euro (blue) Monday Tuesday ........240-50 pips of selloffs..............then pretty quiet through to end of week

brown cad and turquoise NZD were decent runners up to usd ..........the other Europeans were the main losers behind EUR for the week

the yellow Yen and orange Aud were neutral overall but still swung well in the week (as currencies do) offering good trade potential ......yellow yen offered a cracking buy from Wednesday to Asian session opening Friday .....and the Aud was a solid buy Tuesday and then a railroad selloff from early Thursday

see the left chart for those moves

N

Attachments

• the week.JPG
    the week.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
as Greek have their pleas rejected we now have the most important week in the euro's history ahead ............

buckle up

morning all

the long anticipated euro haircut was not as big as expected.........I anticipate her recovering somewhat through the day

the yellow yen was the real winner

N

Attachments

• euro hIRCUT.JPG
    euro hIRCUT.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 140
  • yen.JPG
    yen.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 142
this is a VERY unusual monday naturally and lots of money will be made and lost........

i'm scalping euro buys this morning .............keep stakes light and expect fireworks

N

strengthmeters are very useful in more extreme trading situations ....they bring overviews and some kind of clarity re G8 performance

here a 30ma on 1 min strengthmeter..........so its telling me what the rolling 30m window is doing ..............in situations like today everything plays off of the euro ........i'm not fussed about other pairings as its irrelevant and not generating the pips available vs euro pairs

lots of euro strength but awaiting the inevitable retrace soon

N

Attachments

• euro strength.JPG
    euro strength.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 150
here I am trying to work the small euro selloffs .........not that well so far as she wont bail .............yet

Attachments

• euro selloffs or not.JPG
    euro selloffs or not.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 147