Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

cant keep posting and trading .........later

usd is bouncing north on 1 mins

N

usd has had some bigger swings over recent periods..........

but it is still very much a bull play since 6ish GMT............

I called USD Bull from my early a.m. comments today .....as my 20ma 1hr default FXCorrelator picked up the move early moving above the Zero and north

some 40-50 bull pips have been provided courtesy of the USD .......to be added to bear pippage for any suitable Currencies we chose to sell........

all hail the CAD and AUD .........some 80 pips profit now on both if you had the gift of foresight this morning

my charts are always GMT -1

later
N

Attachments

• usd bull plays.JPG
    usd bull plays.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Thanks NVP I was just curious. I didn't take your reply as anything other than honest. I've been making great profits myself I just haven't "retired" from my day job at the firm yet; so I use a style more suitable for the amount of time I have to trade. I've only been trading since March and I've tripled my account; so I'm sticking with what I know at the moment. I always enjoy seeing how others read the market though. Have a good one.

morning all ..............in meetings this morning still.....back later

hey all .......excuse me why I settle down and get my forex bearings

first port of call is my FXCorrelator - 20ma setting 1hr TF

I see a solid bear usd through Asian / London a.m. session.........now under bull pressure

nice yellow Yen bull move earlier and also the blue euro did well north................red gbp now punching north as well...but is the GU the pair whilst the USD is also retracing north ?

2 currencies moving in same direction mean positive correlation.........that's the kiss of death when trying to trade that pair !

beware

N

Attachments

• usd was bear.JPG
    usd was bear.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 64
Thanks NVP I was just curious. I didn't take your reply as anything other than honest. I've been making great profits myself I just haven't "retired" from my day job at the firm yet; so I use a style more suitable for the amount of time I have to trade. I've only been trading since March and I've tripled my account; so I'm sticking with what I know at the moment. I always enjoy seeing how others read the market though. Have a good one.

hey TS

no offence was intended - it was just I saw 1 post for you and figured another beginners comment which can sometimes lead up some strange vendor driven paths ......:cool:

150-200% return in 7 months indicates a significant return...usually only possible by scalping (check out forexperian) ..........sounds like you have found a good strategy and processes but beware of overleveraging yourself or taking excessive risks in your trading

good trading (y)
N

jees the usd is bullish........

it dropped about 40 pips since days opening and then its delivered a 65% retrace since ...it gave that 65% back in just the last 2 hours !!

so scalp wise I am buying the usd naturally..........I am hopeful we will see some bear again later .........but until the trend tells me that its bull steam ahead for usd

N

u/j is the recent buy.........its eating up the competition......aussies slowing decent now

Europeans pretty bull (like USD) recently ......... but gbp is weakening..........

jees the usd index is flying.....

its about 70-80 pips off of the june/july high last year ...then you have to reach back to May 2010 for this strength........

easily do-able this week

N

3 solid hours of juggernaut usd bull has finally slowed/turned in last 30 mins....to soon to call the top though

N

from a scalp perspective heres the plays

usd is flatish but promising more bulls it seems in last few mins

if it opens up again sell euro or cad

N