Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

pretty slow in truth looking back into the game ..........see how the 1 hr on a 20ma setting is showing the G8 currencies fairly tight and contained ?.........sure the GBP gave a little excitement earlier with a bull play (retrace on weeks action) but even thats back in the pack now .......

look at a few days back ...............now thats the divergence action we need to make some pippys !!

later
N

warming up a little (y)

N

Attachments

• divergence.JPG
    divergence.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 261
nice patterns into week end .........some tribal correlation allows one to make easy money

see how the european "tribe" all pull north together ? (CHF / EUR/GBP)

See how the USD stays sandwiched between the tribes ?

See AUD and NZD are sells

See how Yen and also CAD are sells ?

tribes ?..patterns ?...eh ?.......:whistling..................heres what some old dude was saying back in 2009 on this very thread ............cant stand him myself - he never gives anyone a straight answer....DAMMIT !! .......:cheesy:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...ding-basic-ideas-strategies-2.html#post876536

have a good weekend :smart:
N

Attachments

• nice dynamics.JPG
    nice dynamics.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Have a great weekend N

Looking forward to the footy tonight

I heard the Prime minister went to the training ground yesterday at Burton on Trent to wish the England team all the best for the World Cup

Whilst he was there he also had chance to have a word with all the young England hopefuls who were also training etc.

He asked the important question - who do you think should be the first name down on the England Team Sheet ???

The answer was unanimous ,,,,,,,,,,,,, - yes Cristiano Ronaldo

ROFL

Regards

F

i'll be in the US for the quarter finals onwards and for all of July (business & pleasure visit)...........................would love to be cheering the boys on from foreign climes ......it adds more flavour to the mix ..........and ive found on my travels that theres always a brit around when you need them :)

have good weekends
N

I have to chuckle at some newbies concerns .............

Taxable profits
Broker Fees

right ...........sure theses are important but a certain amount of carts before horses springs to mind ......and the many years you need to be learning to trade before those things really need to be addressed for the long haul............

N

finally got a chance to open the ole charts

hmmm...........missed a nice day so far ................Greenback is rollin north ..........strange pickings on the sells though ......

Yen , CAD , AUD...........a strange set of bedfellows ....europeans have stayed realtively strong ................so far

patterns not really that attractive to me .............for the moment anyway

N

Attachments

• usd rollin north.JPG
    usd rollin north.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
hmmmm hardly inspiring looking at my scalp opps ...........

NZD buys pick of the bunch ...........USd could fold a little as well

NU buy as good as any but i'm not trading it ...........a little distracted in truth by some non trading stuff i need to do tonight .

later
N

Attachments

• NZD buys.JPG
    NZD buys.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 84
hmmmm hardly inspiring looking at my scalp opps ...........

NZD buys pick of the bunch ...........USd could fold a little as well

NU buy as good as any but i'm not trading it ...........a little distracted in truth by some non trading stuff i need to do tonight .

later
N

hey all

from the 1hour chart below the red line is roughly where I was calling these potential trades from to direct lower TF scalping ..........in hindsight this was far to early a call on a rising NZD .............but as you can see the USD has in fact faded ...........and then the asian session allowed the AUD and NZD to romp to pole position(s) as the bull trades

later
N

Attachments

• usd folds.JPG
    usd folds.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
so what about right now ?..........

hmmmmm

well from the last chart on 1 hour TF we see a bearish USD on 1 hours......a strong aussie team and weak Europeans...........cads weakest and Yen is also net bear........

I use this to try to call some scalps ...........but naturally things can change in literally minutes and also the news clearly is important

Last edited:
personally say for the next 30 mins ?

well I would be waiting on the europeans for a start ..........this is the london session now so volatility on the Aussie currencies should decrease gradually ...

I like the fact that the europeans are moving in a tight pack .............GOOD !

sure you can chase more gains on the aussies but its not as high a probability trade for me ......i would be looking for European divergence to the USD

not happening at the moment

later
N

still not much of interest to me to strike at

GBP showed some bullish noise ..........and I see perhaps the final demise of the aussies ....NZD much more bearish than AUD........but nothing really to bite into

ive gotta scoot anyway ............will pop back after the news releases later

N

hey all

USD staying weak ...........Europeans strengthening.............esp CHF and euro at present ...nice hour or so on those guys so far.......

cant get the AUD down can we .........thats an ominous sign of things to come

later
N

Attachments

• updates.JPG
    updates.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
hmmmmm

watch the AUD.......I have a feeling our little aussie fighter may now retrace north........its fallen heavily in last few hours

USD is obvious sell play if it starts falling again

N

meanwhile congrats anyone who nabbed that fast euro bull move ........nice !

Attachments

• aud retrace over.JPG
    aud retrace over.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 108
  • aussie revival.JPG
    aussie revival.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
hey all

USD staying weak ...........Europeans strengthening.............esp CHF and euro at present ...nice hour or so on those guys so far.......

cant get the AUD down can we .........thats an ominous sign of things to come

later
N

yep - CHF and Euro have put more nice pips on the board in last hour or so

Last edited: