Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

mornin all

left chart is a 500/1 setting on a 1hr TF

Right chart is a weekly x-men chart on a 1/1

if you're not sure what this means ask me here......

if you do know what this means you will see the USD finally took its medicine this week big time ....

and therefore (hopefully) you sold USD during the week when the signals came :smart:

later
N

Attachments

• USD falls.jpg
    USD falls.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 206
hey all

the weekend is here and its gonna be a scorcher ......

well well....I cannot believe it but the USD got beaten to the bottom on last weeks action !

heres a weekly 1ma setting on the right (x-men chart).......the X-men version of the FXCorrelator is available somewhere in the Thread here (just use Search).......

AUD got hit hard yesterday and took the losing t-shirt off of that .........USD and Yen had a better day yesterday in the end

have a good weekend and you know where I am if any questions......

N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 191
And another one coming as well regarding advice for new traders......

amazing what happens when your best laptop returns from the menders !

meanwhile apologies if people try to PM me and they get blocked .....I think you need to tick a box towards the bottom of the PM screen to allow posts to go to certain members

I know I usually have to tick something extra when responding sometimes

otherwise I am at [email protected]

postal orders and Credit cards only - no cheques please (kidding !)

N

meanwhile apologies if people try to PM me and they get blocked .....I think you need to tick a box towards the bottom of the PM screen to allow posts to go to certain members
N

Its possible that your incoming p.m's have been disabled Neil due to your vendor status, I know this was a subject of discussion with Hare a few weeks ago.

ok - no worries ...........

I dont think I can disconnect my vendor status.......I did run a course last year but nothing planned now for a while.......I better leave it on though

thanks
N

mornin all

well well well ....dow above its 20 sma and the YEN and USD both below the 20ma on the FXcorrelator ??

been a while guys ...been a while !!

N

Attachments

• business as usual.jpg
    business as usual.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 153
just found this in my travels ..........

theres an FXcorrelator EA that not mine?......guys please share !!

beathespread: The Correlation Game

thanks for the complement as well..........and (hint) a fast way to smooth it is to increase the delta from 1 to perhaps 3 or more .........

sorry that FXCorrelator.com website is still down and in despute with the web provider.......in truth i am probably going to wait till the service contract expires and then relaunch it

N

Attachments

• thanks for the compliment.JPG
    thanks for the compliment.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
jedster.......as our resident super programmer take a look at that guys blog..........hes talking about spinal implants at one point .........presumably a programming term for improving /adapting current programs (??).............and a few other things

anyway I step aside to the master

N

jedster.......as our resident super programmer take a look at that guys blog..........hes talking about spinal implants at one point .........presumably a programming term for improving /adapting current programs (??).............and a few other things

anyway I step aside to the master

N

It is certainly an intriguing site, a bit messy, and some of those comments appear to be nearly 2 years old. But lets have a look and see what we can get out of it...

jees that was short and sharp

USD back upstairs above the Zero.......dow futures chanelling

hmmmmm
n

Attachments

• usd strong today.jpg
    usd strong today.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 884
It is certainly an intriguing site, a bit messy, and some of those comments appear to be nearly 2 years old. But lets have a look and see what we can get out of it...

given your extensive programming knowledge and background J ....its gonna be more useful to you that me.......hahaha :LOL:

N

just found this in my travels ..........

theres an FXcorrelator EA that not mine?......guys please share !!

beathespread: The Correlation Game

thanks for the complement as well..........and (hint) a fast way to smooth it is to increase the delta from 1 to perhaps 3 or more .........

sorry that FXCorrelator.com website is still down and in despute with the web provider.......in truth i am probably going to wait till the service contract expires and then relaunch it

N
So the EA they were talking about simply trades the cross of the EUR and USD strengths. Nothing overly special. Although there are lots of other ideas there to try to wade through, so there might be something useful...

DOW channel holding on the 15m TF.....

look at USD .........slam down !

N

Attachments

• channel holding on 15m TF.jpg
    channel holding on 15m TF.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 303
So the EA they were talking about simply trades the cross of the EUR and USD strengths. Nothing overly special. Although there are lots of other ideas there to try to wade through, so there might be something useful...

yep....i'm also not sure re the benefits of that particular EA ;)

N

mornin all .........

jees dow got 15,500...........crazy correlation and i'm very surprised that not even the Yen got deep south but such is life ..........shows how bad the aussie pair were performing overnight to eclipse them all on the sells .........

N:smart:

Attachments

• Dow 15500.jpg
    Dow 15500.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 256
Sorry to deviate off this thread but I saw the post notification in my e-mail and I am desperate to find a TRUE ECN. I got messed up last week from what was my normal profitable trading and my account is wiped because of it. I had about 8 weeks non losing weeks and as soon as I took £1500 out of my account, the market coincidentally worked different and could no longer trade my strategy.

Any quick reply for a TRUE ECN?

Sorry again for the topic deviation. I am desperate as I now trade for a living.