Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

mornin all

well the USD seems unstoppable at the moment and the financial press and Media are also getting on the bandwagon....

what do I say ?

well the same as I say to all the goldbugs still telling you its alright to watch gold drop double digit percentages in 2013 against USD .......

Trade what you see ........Trade what you see ........and never ever listen to what Experts tell you to do....after all

who's money is it ? .......theirs or yours being lost ?

later .....
N

Attachments

• new week.jpg
    new week.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
now ive broken my work Laptop....so got to go in today

Grrrr......

later
N

Hi NVP, love your setup, been using it for a few days now. I was wondering, have you ever try having this setup on Euro pairs? so instead of see the gbpusd, usdcad, nzdusd and usdchf, we'll have euraud, eurjpy, eurgbp, eurcad and eurnzd.

its just a crazy thought of mine, and just want to see what do you think.

mornin all.......

scalping this morning as volatility levels increase on the 15m TF after a slooow monday

N

and a (rarer and rarer) 100% perfect pattern on the 20/1 setup......

N

Attachments

• nice patterns on 15m TF.jpg
    nice patterns on 15m TF.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 153
Hi NVP, love your setup, been using it for a few days now. I was wondering, have you ever try having this setup on Euro pairs? so instead of see the gbpusd, usdcad, nzdusd and usdchf, we'll have euraud, eurjpy, eurgbp, eurcad and eurnzd.

hey all

great Question dude (y)

after over 10 years with strengthmeters, nearly 12,000 posts here and a few years in t2W situ I hope I come across here as someone who has and loves to try anything and everything funky using strengthmeters :p

If I posted everything I try here we would be at 100,000 posts (ask some of the poor programmers who have helped me ) !! :smart:

please please please I encourage everyone to write their own scripts and destiny using these humble tools ........

so anything and everything is possible .........but some ideas do end up more profitable than others ......

BUT ITS ALL LEARNING

so go for it dude .....go for it and let us know your results (y)

N

my charts are GMT -1 so please excuse them

so the action came on at around 3am on the charts (4am GMT)

• Yen and USD below the Zero on a 20/1 setting...
  • Dow futures comfortably above its 20 sma.....

perfect 100% pattern based on my free system here......(y).

As you can see most pairings on the USD and Yen are proving profitable ....only the Grey CHF and the Brown CAD are sluggish and south like the USD&YEN crew.....

later..........got to go in to office today for presentations ..and got my scalps now anyway so no need to be greedy :smart:

N

Attachments

• game on.jpg
    game on.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 171
and a big welcome again to any Forex Factory members who have popped across from my thread there .......

welcome and the free systems are below in the signature area ......you may need to register with T2W to load them though i'm not sure (??)

N

my only other thought is that generally the currencies are tribal in nature ......

EUR/GBP tend to stay together (generally :)....)

AUD/NZD stay similar

CAD and CHF are laws unto themselves these days .........so loose cannons

so generally all I would say is not to pairtrade any of those dudes against each other (ignoring the USD/YEN currencies)..........but this is a huge generalisation**

in my systems I like using the USd and or the Yen as they tend to be cleaner in distinction when the moves come ....especially with the Yens volatility...also you get better spreads on tyese pairings and every pips counts on lower TF's .......4hr and above who cares though re the odd pips or two so trade away on any combo that suits.......(y)

N

**but beware as generalisations can be very very dangerous !! :rolleyes:

mornin all

is Dow Futures retracing south ?

Is USD finally going south on the (left) 4hr chart ?

Time will tell.......time will tell

N

Attachments

• Dow retracing.jpg
    Dow retracing.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 157
I am getting thumping Sell signals for USD on my own 1hr TF based system ......

hmmm
N

in these situations with Dow shedding points selling U/J can be more profitable than other more common USD pairings

time will tell....
N

hard work getting that USD south ......but its still trying

N

Attachments

• USD south.jpg
    USD south.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 141
jees what do we have to do to keep the USD below the damn Zero !!!

hes back above Zero on the 15m TF .......

N

Attachments

• USD is back north on 15m.jpg
    USD is back north on 15m.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 160
well finally the USD gets a thumping hit............the Yen did to in that later US session/asian action

hmmmm
N

Attachments

• big gun move.jpg
    big gun move.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 147
still busy at work so couldnt get to screens - perhaps tomorrow

later all
N