Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

interestingly you can see my call (below) on selling the GBP was not supported by pure signals on the 15m 20Ma default system till the USD got north.....and that was much later on in GBP's plunge - and missed at least half the moves ..........:sneaky:

and really the BIG moves on the 15m TF 20ma defaults were much earlier in the day when usd and yen were south (below) and the european currencies were banging in the buy pips !

hey - nothings perfect ....start playing with the settings to get what works for you :smart:

N

Attachments

• no signal till later.jpg
    no signal till later.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 156
interestingly you can see my call (below) on selling the GBP was not supported by pure signals on the 15m 20Ma default system till the USD got north.....and that was much later on in GBP's plunge - and missed at least half the moves ..........:sneaky:

and really the BIG moves on the 15m TF 20ma defaults were much earlier in the day when usd and yen were south (below) and the european currencies were banging in the buy pips !

hey - nothings perfect ....start playing with the settings to get what works for you :smart:

N

Nice simple indicator , if people know how to use they would be billionaires.You could actually write this into a 1 page system for noobs to immediately start trading it .Just 1 page!

Nice simple indicator , if people know how to use they would be billionaires.You could actually write this into a 1 page system for noobs to immediately start trading it .Just 1 page!

Hey 15 (y)

I personally discovered forex Strengthmeters in the Early 2000's and with a little tweaking on some of the Free MT4 openware out there in the Forum cosmos created my own version thats now available here as the FXcorrelator :smart:

it is a very very underated Indicator and sometimes I am still a little in shock that many (some sucessful) traders will just follow 1 pair (do or die) without understanding whats happening to the other currencies around them - all of which have a major impact on what is happening to the pair they are trading ! :eek:

I urge all traders who wish to be profitable in the long term to at least take a look at the principles of Strengthmeter indicators as it is very very useful for any system you chose to follow ........you cannot and should not trade blindfolded :cool:

N

morning all......

ok the week will be interesting .........the Euro will be the key all week as we lurch from drama to drama and I would recommend using the Yen and USD as the foils....

look at that hit on Asian opening overnight :eek:

for all of you that have been on the moon over the last week - Cyprus is the latest problem ......I would recommend emptying any Cypriat bank accounts if you have them as the goverment is coming for some money ...

oh yeah - that will work - and smoothly without any panic at all ..:rolleyes:.

Taxi for Lehman brothers .....:cool:
N

Attachments

• Euro scares on cyprus.jpg
    Euro scares on cyprus.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 142
I think all you guys need to do is follow the link(s) in NVP's signature, download the indicator, download the pdf and read it, and then start making some trades. Not sure what else you are looking for ?[/QUOTE]

well - Hopefully not the holy grail J..........as it sure aint hidden here (or anywhere) :p

all we do here is offer an "edge" .........the rest is up to all of you viewing to get off that butt and start researching and practicing and getting the hours, months, years under your belts to become profitable traders .......:smart:

PS - i'll fire over the stuff later J .....

N

Well well - excellent !

I see we have a lot of people viewing .........to anyone new to this thread go to the signature area and look at the stuff linked ..........if your brave enough try to read the whole thread ...........its actually quite a journey here in the last few years !.....

I'm also on youtube under FXCorrelator with a few oldies but goldies Videos......

sorry my Websites are down (long story)......but I will get something going again soon

always happy to answer questions here though so post away.........If I dont answer theres a lot of good traders here who will

N

hey all

well surprisingly the Dow rallied through the day and we got the yen and USD south quiet a bit so some nice opportunities ...to buy the Euro amongst others...

later
N

I think all you guys need to do is follow the link(s) in NVP's signature, download the indicator, download the pdf and read it, and then start making some trades. Not sure what else you are looking for?

To be fair I was being humoruus, I understand the system. It is not my main system but it is a good one. My main trading plan is based on Gann Trading but always good to see what else other people are doing! :)

hey all

sorry re zero correspondance today ............My car got shunted front and back in an accident this morning and have spent most of the day arguing with insurance companies .....

will try to get my act together tomorrow

N

Well at least I cracked the 500,000 views today here on this thread whilst my car was playing dodgems !

thanks to every single person that has contributed to this Thread..........since the early 2000's I had thought I was getting pretty proficient in strengthmeter based trading until I started this journey here in 2009..........

boy have my eyes been opened....and the learning never stops..........I am collaborating and sharing and learning even more these days than ever before and the learning will never ever stop !

thanks again to the many people along the way that have taught me far more than I could ever teach them about trading and also sometimes how to live life .......

cheers
Neil
NVP

So many many thanks to people like Ivan and Alan, djenky, and now more these days people like Hamish and Jedster who are my main reason for still posting on the T2W forum...... as you meet damn good traders and start to collaborate and learn and grow .......

and to my IT partner sylvie who some of you may have met when I was running the VIP Trading course...she is slowly slowly recovering from a very bad illness and major heart surgery but will not be now back in the frame for a long time (if ever) - thanks sylvie and we continue to keep in touch.......

and also to a guy that mentored me for a while below and taught me a lot about how to live life to the full................he died a while back from Cancer leaving a wife and lovely kids but his legend will always live on in this thread anyway for me.....he died shortly after this correspondance below....you try racking over 70 points in a session then going off for chemotherapy...(he didnt make that holiday).....balls as big as coconuts that dude.......(we used to call him "the Stig")

cheers JRP......and put the wine and cigars down dude for once and pay attention to me down here... .....i'm trying to be heavy and sensitive here !

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...g-basic-ideas-strategies-441.html#post1156560

Last edited:
mornin all - heres today and yesterday ......nice moves yesterday !

N

Attachments

• latest.jpg
    latest.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 169