Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

the Turquoise NZD is now in its 5th consecutive month of positive movement ......

look at that little dude go !!! :clap:

N

Attachments

• go team NZD.jpg
    go team NZD.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 162
Hi, I am not in tune with it all as I am on a different time clock, probably,

Upside down time here in Oz, it all seems to go pretty quiet during the day,

I shall persevere at the London open and post a few charts today ,

Thanks for all your helpful advice, Steve

Hi again and good day to you,
thanks for taking the time to read this,

I have posted a chart where the C/st closed below it's line, US and JPY were above theirs'. The GB/US then didn't do too much, perhaps having a much deserved sleep............zzzzzzzzz...!!!
gbpusd-m15-forex-capital-markets-4.png

Should have gotten in 5 candlesticks before the vert. red line, the US30 c/st were almost on the line though.

I think I should try again later when London opens.

Thanks, Steve (y)

mornin all......

USD still showing strength..but this week so far the aussie Twins are kicking butt.......see the X-men chart below

later
N

Attachments

• USD power.jpg
    USD power.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 214
  • Aussies rule.jpg
    Aussies rule.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 138
Hi again and good day to you,
thanks for taking the time to read this,

I have posted a chart where the C/st closed below it's line, US and JPY were above theirs'. The GB/US then didn't do too much, perhaps having a much deserved sleep............zzzzzzzzz...!!!
View attachment 157872

Should have gotten in 5 candlesticks before the vert. red line, the US30 c/st were almost on the line though.

I think I should try again later when London opens.

Thanks, Steve (y)

Thanks Steve .........but why are you commenting on the GBP ?....on the first vert line its the same side as the USD and Yen at this point ?...were you expecting it to bounce north as a retrace play ? :cool:

at this point the NZD and NZD were soaring and were the buy trades although natually they could be perceived as ready for some retraces :smart:

and the second VERT line the GBP is already pretty oversold and showing signs of retracing so that was a risky trade ?.....perhaps to have gone for a diverging south currency that was just leaving the zero area is a better prospect ?...like the NZD attached below ?

N

Attachments

• sell the NZD.jpg
    sell the NZD.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Hi NVP
how can i have this xman indicator? and how does it work? and also i can not find US30 or any other chart related to that currency.please do mercy to such e person like me that English is not my nation language . a lot of thanks for your time .
Best Regards

beeeeeuuutiful euro buy .........jees !!!

Attachments

• beeeeutiful euro buy.jpg
    beeeeutiful euro buy.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 235
Hi NVP
how can i have this xman indicator? and how does it work? and also i can not find US30 or any other chart related to that currency.please do mercy to such e person like me that English is not my nation language . a lot of thanks for your time .
Best Regards

hey m

here you go ..the x-men just show the lines in a more fun way and verry useful on faster settings !

N :smart:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1354.html#post2066516

mornin all .....

wow the Yen got hit overnight !!!!

N

Attachments

• yen gets hit.jpg
    yen gets hit.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 172
The Gameplan today s/be to trade what you see ......

but if I was looking at the week I would say the E/J big trade since wednesday must come under stop pressure now if it falters ......Traders will want to hold decent profits into the weekend

thats the pair to watch........the last chart is a 1ma X-men on the weekly TF showing where the currencies are at this moment and naturally we see the Euro at the top and the yen lagging way way back at bottom.....i'm not saying those positions will change but certaily retracement is a decent bet I think ...and guaranteed if Dow falters today off a good week

later - busy again today .......Jedster I will try to catch up over the weekend on the correspondance - thanks again my friend ...great work !

N

Attachments

• watch the EJ today.jpg
    watch the EJ today.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
hey all

well the E/J has finally played the retrace card but it was fun inbetween :p

the NFP's send Dow and USD blazin north and amazingly Yen followed

then all change as people scramble to take some profit ....

have a good evening all....sorry Ive been so tied up this week :smart:

N

Attachments

• final plays.jpg
    final plays.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 163
Thanks Steve .........but why are you commenting on the GBP ?....on the first vert line its the same side as the USD and Yen at this point ?...were you expecting it to bounce north as a retrace play ? :cool:

at this point the NZD and NZD were soaring and were the buy trades although natually they could be perceived as ready for some retraces :smart:

and the second VERT line the GBP is already pretty oversold and showing signs of retracing so that was a risky trade ?.....perhaps to have gone for a diverging south currency that was just leaving the zero area is a better prospect ?...like the NZD attached below ?

N

Hi NVP, thanks for taking the time to answer my post and look at my chart, I was commenting on the latest red vert line looking from right to left...the other red line was there for my own monitoring ,,,sorry for the error on my part,

The note you made that the GB looks oversold is the point that I was making, this needs to worked on as I seem to keep getting this kind of situation..I shall have a new look at the currencies that are moving away,as you pointed to.

I hope you can see my other point as the currency lines are retreating to the zero line as if it is time for bed....UK night time, of course,

I shall persevere though, different time frames etc

Thanks for all your excellent work as always. Onwards and upwards...!!!

Have a nice weekend, Steve :)

Hi NVP
Best Regards

Hello Sir, in reply to your search for the US30, it is also called the DOW....hope this helps....I had the same problem looking for it too when I found this thread,
regards, Steve

Hi NVP, thanks for taking the time to answer my post and look at my chart, I was commenting on the latest red vert line looking from right to left...the other red line was there for my own monitoring ,,,sorry for the error on my part,

The note you made that the GB looks oversold is the point that I was making, this needs to worked on as I seem to keep getting this kind of situation..I shall have a new look at the currencies that are moving away,as you pointed to.

I hope you can see my other point as the currency lines are retreating to the zero line as if it is time for bed....UK night time, of course,

I shall persevere though, different time frames etc

Thanks for all your excellent work as always. Onwards and upwards...!!!

Have a nice weekend, Steve :)

yep .....oversold and overbought is one of the things one must watch whene entering trades ........it is more obvious on individual currency indicators (vs paircharts) and very useful to bear in mind....

naturally a currency can overshoot and we miss trades ....but practice makes it pretty reliable for stopping us entering on overbought/sold postions

long Term profitable trading is about avoiding risky trades and running the good ones

N :smart:

Hello Sir, in reply to your search for the US30, it is also called the DOW....hope this helps....I had the same problem looking for it too when I found this thread,
regards, Steve

hey all - any US indice will work .........Dow , US30 S&P ..talk to your broker and ask them what is best on platform being used :smart:

N

N

morning all

slow start to the week and nothing worth posting yet

later
N

wickedly good sells on the GBP recently ....superb ...

N

Attachments

• gbp sell.jpg
    gbp sell.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 153
wickedly good sells on the GBP recently ....superb ...

N

ok point them out( eg on a 15min ?/1hr? or whatever timed chart -- your entry/exit ------- you have a nice thread here but as pointed out before you cannot see some of lines against black background why not change background to another colour or (just kidding) go into selling binoculars

Last edited:
ok point them out( eg on a 15min ?/1hr? or whatever timed chart -- your entry/exit ------- you have a nice thread here but as pointed out before you cannot see some of lines against black background why not change background to another colour or (just kidding) go into selling binoculars

Hey there BP :cool:

11,000 posts
Free indicators (including goldmeter and other non G8's)
Relative strength based strategy across G8 currencies
Holistic view of market- 1 FXCorrelator chart = 28 paircharts
support for anyone who cares to ask a question here

and people are free to change the colour on their own charts to whatever they want .......but me ......I like black :p

have a nice day :smart:
N