Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey all

good luck chasing the final plays of the week.........I have to do some long overdue paperwork so signing off

N

hey all

heres the last hours of the week........the Yen really did stay weak and the best trades were Grabbing the Euro buys against it....the Dow was bullish again so you had to decide were you going to include the USD as part of the equation or ignore it ......it was a passenger for most of todauy anyway sitting on the fence mainly

this weekend we are at my mother-in-laws house getting it valued and also decorated a little to sell it ..........3-4 hours with 3 Estate agents then......cant wait !

N

Attachments

• last hours of the week.jpg
    last hours of the week.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 126
a few articles from jack and the team .....I am not affiliated with them but generally he writes better than most of the "expert" drivel out there......

jees if they banned anyone from making predictions for a while once they had got a few Calls wrong we wouldnt have an "expert" community out there...

we can but hope all......
N

http://blackswantrading.squarespace.com/storage/currency-currents/021513 bscc canadian dollar.pdf

http://www.blackswantrading.com/storage/currency-currents/022613 bscc 1937 all over again.pdf

Last edited:
hey all

as you know I am a big big fan of the Cap (captain currency)

why ?

He has a very simple system ...and keeps it that way
He sticks to it ...through thick and thin
He helps new traders a lot
He does not have an Ego the size of a planet .....:whistling

oh yeah .........and I can show his systems effectiveness on an FXcorrelator ....(tee hee)....:cool:

heres the 4hr on a 60ma setting ..........thats the caps 3 duck anchor TF .....based on his rules you can only trade currencies on lower TF's in the pecking order shown here ......

so below if you saw the Green USD and it is above the Euro .....you CANNOT Buy E/U ......you can only sell E/U following the 4hr pecking order

and that rule has been active since the Green line crossed the Euro blue line back in mid february
(see the X.....)

simple and powerful ....so I suggest you look at the 3 ducks system especially if you are newer to trading and want to understand the power of MA trading

oh yeah.........and dont forget my humble and free FXCorrelator below in the signature area......it brings currencies to life ! :smart:

N

Attachments

• 3 ducks 60ma 4 hr TF.png
    3 ducks 60ma 4 hr TF.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 142
Hi NVP,

Unfortunately the link is password protected. You don't happen to know the password do you?

oops sorry J.......

go to their homepage and join...you get lots of free mailshots and drivel though

I am part of a lot of mailshot lists as I like to watch what they are all doing ..........which is usually regurgitating the same stuff week in week out with new pictures and catchphrases ...

a bit like me really here .........:LOL:

nice to see you ....to see you nice

N:smart:

My favoutire re that was a mailshot from Jason Fielding showing me a $2,000 system and shots of my own Strengthmeter that I was offfering for free here at T2W

anyone around 3 years ago or so will remember that classic period !

Tee hee
N

ok new week and we are in march ......(yes march - soon be xmas again !)

the USD is strong on the left 4hr chart .........amazing eh ?........Italian politicians squabble and the euro wobbles and their market goes real pairshaped

the same in the US and they get a stronger currency

If you are looking to protect wealth never underestimate the Strength of the Greenback and its capacity to protect value.....

the commdolls felt the power of the USD (and yen) overnight on the 15ms this time around....

later
N

Attachments

• strong usd.jpg
    strong usd.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 116
not much chance of hitting my charts today due to work comittments ...

sorry all
N

hey all .......cant get away at all today now ........

Jedster we will try to catch up tomorrow

N

hey all

heres the day ......hard work and you would have been still waiting if you wanted the USD to resume Strength on the 15m TF

see the ticks for when Yen and USD were together on the same side of the Zero ......any decent trades there ?

you decide :smart:
N

Attachments

• hard work.jpg
    hard work.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 143
Hi Guys and thanks to all for your helpful posts, especially NVP for all your input,
I have been trying to formulate a timeframe and a strategy that I can live with, this CORRIE really does bring things to life,

I have noted though, that when I enter a trade opposite the US, it invariably turns against me, as by the time I have spotted it, the pips are gone...do you think I should go for bigger timeframes, ie min 1 hour, 4 hour..????
I have probably answered my own question with the bigger time frames...maybe a case of being more patient ????
Thanks, Steve

Last edited:
Hi Guys and thanks to all for your helpful posts, especially NVP for all your input,
I have been trying to formulate a timeframe and a strategy that I can live with, this CORRIE really does bring things to life,

I have noted though, that when I enter a trade opposite the US, it invariably turns against me, as by the time I have spotted it, the pips are gone...do you think I should go for bigger timeframes, ie min 1 hour, 4 hour..????
I have probably answered my own question with the bigger time frames...maybe a case of being more patient ????
Thanks, Steve

hey steve

bigger timeframes are just big brother versions of the lower TF's..but naturally you can extend out those pip targets and breathe a little better

I'm surprised you are saying things turn as you spot the move ......wait for closing bar to confiorm whatever signal you are hunting and then enter as the new opening bar confirms its not going to retrace ....

why not show us some examples ?......there will be losses - all systems have losses ;)

N

hi Neil

maybe you have seen this

sure ........Henry introduced them a while back now .....nice (y)

last time I looked he was offering this for free as part of his Currency news approach to trading .....so good luck to him ....no one should have to pay for core strengthmeter tools......they are just a tool .......

now as to paying for how to really use them and their derivatives ? ....hmmmm ! :p

jedster take a look at henrys formulas.........may be useful re our discussions

N

Last edited:
hey all

plenty of USD and Yen bashing into the asian session overnight ......nice !

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 182
hey Jedster - good to talk ........lets keep in touch as agreed

N

if things keep going like this for GBP ....looks like us Brits still may be able to afford a holiday :cool:

N

Attachments

• gbp rocking.jpg
    gbp rocking.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 156
mornin all.......

Dow hits the big time and dragged the USD with it for a while yesterday .........

US is rocking at the moment .......but for how long ....:sneaky:

N

Attachments

• Dow rockets     oh really.jpg
    Dow rockets oh really.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 163