Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

had to expand the family further to understand this.....

Yep ....look at the Aussie Twins and the CAD in the money..all of the 3 currencies I tend not to trade much in london session - all lording the chart !

interesting ..its not as if Crude oil has been exceptional either today...

N

Attachments

• heres the G8.jpg
    heres the G8.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 224
hey all !

Dow to retrace ?|FXCORRELATOR

look at the charts below ......

Dow on Daily is having a good run and we are seeing (predictably) good buys on EURO and CHF into yen and USD

the 1hr chart on the right shows the Dow hitting a little headwind now and I am anticipating a retrace this morning - see the highest red band line ?...thats resistance !

I'm looking to buy yen and usd on lower TF's this morning if this retrace happens .....selling whatever pops "down" best ....euro or GBP...not fussed...

later :smart:
N

Attachments

• dow to retrace perhaps.jpg
    dow to retrace perhaps.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 188
ok just grabbed a few pips on the E/U buy action ......but lets see if the 1hr signal holds that resistance and this situation changes to selling soon ..

duty calls ...later :smart:
N

Attachments

• scalping the euro.jpg
    scalping the euro.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 176
hey MetaFX....I see you online again here ....!

hows it going compardre ?

N

I Rate Colin Twiggs a lot ...........one of the few update E-mails I actually read (from the zillions of Trading sites and blogs I am subscribed to !)

heres a link - have a look around .....and subscribe to his daily updates that are succinct and logical most of the time........

N

Incredible Charts: My Trading Strategy

hey all !

Dow to retrace ?|FXCORRELATOR

look at the charts below ......

Dow on Daily is having a good run and we are seeing (predictably) good buys on EURO and CHF into yen and USD

the 1hr chart on the right shows the Dow hitting a little headwind now and I am anticipating a retrace this morning - see the highest red band line ?...thats resistance !

I'm looking to buy yen and usd on lower TF's this morning if this retrace happens .....selling whatever pops "down" best ....euro or GBP...not fussed...

N

hey all

reference my earlier e-mail above.....yep a few bounce pips happened and Yen and USD got north

(remember my charts are GMT -1 so it was around 6am chart time that that I posted the info above)

Sure - we got some scalp change selling GBP and Euro - but what do you expect on the 15m timeframes ?....aint no 100 pip moves there gang ....this is 10-20 pips territory and be happy with that :cool:

looks like another bounce south shaping up for Dow - as we are at the top of the range again ?

N

Attachments

• bouncy bouncy.jpg
    bouncy bouncy.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 165
Remember - of course you can just trade the Normal signals and Rules but the post above is just offering you more insights how I make money by expanding my options

heres how you made money following the rules in the last few hours !

comfortable 10+ pips on the G/U buy here

N

Attachments

• normal rules apply .jpg
    normal rules apply .jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 130
people say I dont let you know when gold is signalling

heres the 1 hour right on the money ...and I have already alerted you here that USD looks to be ready to bounce north ....

PS - 15m TF signal already in the money

N

Attachments

• gold alert.jpg
    gold alert.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 162
theres 10+ pips sold on E/U since my bounce warnings earlier ......

this game is fast fast fast ....

N

ok I gotta go to meetings this afternoon........

Markets have been very kind today to us so far - so I am not complaining

hang in their gang ...
N

well the Dow is well underway ......

perhaps yet another bouncy bouncy move ?

N

Attachments

• more bouncy bouncy.jpg
    more bouncy bouncy.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 152
well the Dow is well underway ......

perhaps yet another bouncy bouncy move ?

N

hey all

well bounce the dow certainly did after that last post above (see bounce 1 point on chart below)....but the yen and USD refused to go south - so no trade happened...grrrr :confused:

but then when the Dow retreated south again - look at that next bounce off the bottom of the Dow ....(bounce 2)

this one REALLY ROCKED.......shame only AUD followed it up above the Zero line as I would have been nervous of trading it during non business Aussie hours

EUR and GBP were obviously semi-concious at the time dammit .....:whistling

N

Attachments

• more bounces.jpg
    more bounces.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 139
morning all :)

Tough Friday to call….|FXCORRELATOR

usually I can give some view of the day at this point but a little difficult today

ok - despite whatever other people tell you traders do like to sleep at weekends !....so a normal friday is about tidying things up before the weekend

this week the Dow got big and Traders made money selling yen and USD ......this means little johnny and jenny get the weekend skiing in St moritz with the Nanny and the private Swiss school fees get paid for another month ....

they are looking at the charts (Below) and seeing that the Dow has already been flatlining for a while so really unless we get the Dow challenging 13,500 they are home and dry...and no need to adjust trades further (as already adjusted earlier in week)

so thats in compardres .....unless Dow gets under pressure later I cannot call a big move for today ....aside from normal standard rules of combat - which at this point are screaming to sell GBP on lower TF's ....

have a great day - i will :smart:
N

Attachments

• flatlining.jpg
    flatlining.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 162
jees - I wish all my mornings were this good.......thats me profitable for the rest of the day ;)

see you later - boring duties call elsewhere
N

Attachments

• nice move.jpg
    nice move.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 141
I am trying to choose a right strategy for trading for this moment. Maybe someone wants tell which is better. Traders write scalping is better when you open a deal quickly and then close it to profit. But it is not very convenient, because if the price goes against me, I lose much more than earn. Maybe it would be a good idea to open long. But in small volumes. Can someone tell me an another variant

sorry all.......

heavy day at work and still rolling........will try to get online later for some final weeks fun !

N

morning all :)

Tough Friday to call….|FXCORRELATOR

usually I can give some view of the day at this point but a little difficult today

ok - despite whatever other people tell you traders do like to sleep at weekends !....so a normal friday is about tidying things up before the weekend

this week the Dow got big and Traders made money selling yen and USD ......this means little johnny and jenny get the weekend skiing in St moritz with the Nanny and the private Swiss school fees get paid for another month ....

they are looking at the charts (Below) and seeing that the Dow has already been flatlining for a while so really unless we get the Dow challenging 13,500 they are home and dry...and no need to adjust trades further (as already adjusted earlier in week)

so thats in compardres .....unless Dow gets under pressure later I cannot call a big move for today ....aside from normal standard rules of combat - which at this point are screaming to sell GBP on lower TF's ....

have a great day - i will :smart:
N

jees It doesnt get better than this .......just as the doctor ordered (y)

i'm gonna chase some pips before bedtime now :smart:

later
N

Attachments

• told you so ....jpg
    told you so ....jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 127
I am trying to choose a right strategy for trading for this moment. Maybe someone wants tell which is better. Traders write scalping is better when you open a deal quickly and then close it to profit. But it is not very convenient, because if the price goes against me, I lose much more than earn. Maybe it would be a good idea to open long. But in small volumes. Can someone tell me an another variant

hey there C !

I would suggest you start a new thread on the subject....this thread is more around correlation and strengthmeters here and whilst I could bore you to death regarding my thoughts on your question..... I will leave it to the masses here at
T2W to respond to yuor new thread !

good luck and best wishes :smart:
NVP