Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

that gbp is still trying to go south....and it will outrun the tag team

meanwhile traditional Dow pressure on for tag to fall again and we should be Buying the others like the aussie Pair

jees ..........fun fun fun
N

Attachments

• blitz on directions.jpg
    blitz on directions.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 143
Keep calm and carry on ;)

Attachments

• keep it simple.jpg
    keep it simple.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 130
I'm not sure whether it's a very good idea, but I've gone long on EUR/GBP. Corrie sems to recommend it but it's come up against a fairly stiff R on the chart.

buy E/U is imminent ....even E/J if you like you action fast and loose

note the recent demise of the CHF ...I like that a lot for this play (y)

N

Attachments

• euro USD buy time coming .jpg
    euro USD buy time coming .jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 111
Wow, a lot of good advice this morning while I was still sleeping. I didn't read any of this until I had already had my go at the charts.

So far this a.m. between 7:30 and 8:00 a.m EST
I've made 182 pips. Mostly playing with GBP. I liked it's volatility this morning. It went everywhere but I had faith in my Corrie so I took it for a ride. Then bailed the minute I thought it was slowing down where I could have stayed in. But hey I took a profit. But after watching it a few minutes more, I realized it still had some gas left in it, so I plunged right back in for the rest of the pips.

Here is what I find most of the time which I'm trying to overcome. I made it my own personal rule that if I make a trade and take a profit, just get rid of the screen, minimize it or whatever so that I don't jump back in because 9x out of 10, if I jump back in thinking it's going to continue is when it decides to change it's route. This happened to me yesterday. I was doing well with the Corrie, but twice I broke my own rule and twice I got bit.

So what do I do this morning? The same darn thing. However, the difference was that I made the decision based on the Corrie and not just on the momentum of the trade. So I got lucky, but I'm going to stick to my own rule. LOL.

I thank you guys for all your great advice this morning and I'm getting ready to print it out. I actually came on here to tell you what I've done so far and found all this advice instead. It was great to see, as always.

@NVP. I love watching your dialoge with the charts. It's like watching you at a football game!

like having your teeth drilled....I thought it would fly but we are sitting in a very shaky departure room.......c'mon c'mon

N

everything is indicating this trade should fly

look below

Attachments

• a wing and a prayer.jpg
    a wing and a prayer.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 140
can I say that its to near the dow opening now and we should not be trading ?

or shall i say that the dog ate my homework ?

N

jees E/U at 4620 but what a fuss.....the damn trade dynamics are being thrown everywhere and worrying me a lot

N

personally ive bailed as i dont like it

you got a little more on E/J but the hell..........it felt wrong

N

seriously if you stayed then a pin bar is forming on the 5 mins and 4640 looks like it was best you were gonna get for a while

tighten up S/l's

N

you can take the scalper mentality out of the indicator but clearly not out of the creator......i spook at the slightest moves

N

meanwhile that E/G 2.5 bandwidth on the 5 mins is interesting me :sneaky:

I think Cactrader got a nice move on the divergence but i'm not promising much more C

n

Attachments

• e g convergence .jpg
    e g convergence .jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 151